AMD: Zen 3 Announced [2020-10-08]

I recently downgraded from 5950X to 5800X3D for free and get some more on top of. Unlike what I read around it's actually a cool CPU. Haven't seen temps go beyond 75C at 115W load that you won't see other than prime95 or occt stress tests.

Since it's a locked CPU, tuning is very easy and straightforward. Most chips can do -30 CO. Set PPT/TDC/EDC to 114/75/115 and be done with it. You need to have latest agesa bios update installed for your board, otherwise you have to use pbo2 tuner app in Windows. In gaming it's around 50-60C. You can try BCLK overclocking but you can corrupt your OS and at most you'll get 100MHz more, which is negligible. RAM bandwidth is more beneficial than latency thanks to vcache but still you are fine just running default xmp settings.

Quick and dirty comparison below. It's usually 5 to 10% faster but when a game take advantage of Vcache, it can be around 20-30%. 5800X3D also has better IMC thanks to the latest B2 stepping, that I can oc RAM to 3733MHz which scores whooping +1% more than the ones in the table lol.

View attachment 8608

What does it score in single thread in CPU-Z benchmark?

Back