• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He has been selling stock the last four months, and to sell his stock as a member of NVDA doesnt he have to ask/tell the SEC six months prier? Sooo what happened six months or so ago...

cebit.

when they should've shown GT21x but AMD 1up'ed them ;)

Sorry i am slow but does Eyefinity really render a game at those really high res or does it involve smart scaling? I think it has to be some scaling tricks... Will these tricks make videos scaling look better than DX10 GPUs? But TBH...Eyefinity feels as gimmicky as 3D vision..maybe worse (no offence Dave) if it is only useful for game scaling...

Sorry i am slow but does Eyefinity really render a game at those really high res or does it involve smart scaling? I think it has to be some scaling tricks... Will these tricks make videos scaling look better than DX10 GPUs? But TBH...Eyefinity feels as gimmicky as 3D vision..maybe worse (no offence Dave) if it is only useful for game scaling...

better believe your eyes. no scaling involved mate. (i.e. the real deal)

better believe your eyes. no scaling involved mate. (i.e. the real deal)

But...but.... HD5870 is about twice the perf of HD4890 and it can run Crysis at 3-4X the resolution??? Sounds crazy! Ok i am taking the fps/anti-aliasing will take a hit? If i were to use Eyefinity on DX11 native engines, i would be looking towards quad-fire to achieve the level of fps/anti-alisaing as a single monitor?

But...but.... HD5870 is about twice the perf of HD4890 and it can run Crysis at 3-4X the resolution??? Sounds crazy! Ok i am taking the fps/anti-aliasing will take a hit? If i were to use Eyefinity on DX11 native engines, i would be looking towards quad-fire to achieve the level of fps/anti-alisaing as a single monitor?

First of all, this is CryEngine 3.0 demo, not Crysis ;)
It's also according to some rumors DX9 only at the moment, even though the Crysis 2 final game will apparently support everything from DX9 to DX11 and anything in between including 10.1

AA/AF had an overhaul. and the game demo'd was CryEngine3.. not Crysis!

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Originally Posted by spacemonkey
Nice read, thanks.

http://www.wsgfmedia.com/generaladmi...aneDisplay.mp4

In this Eyefinity video there is a noticeable misalignment between the images on the right-side and left-side monitors. What's going on?

It seems you didn't read this nice read thoroughly but that's ok! :)

Each card (single GPU) was responsible for rendering one quadrant of the overall display, and they were actually running separate instances of game to do so. This was not a crossfire setup, and I was told that CF support has not yet been integrated with Eyefinity.
I got the "1 GPU per quadrant" thing, but why does this lead to misaligned quadrants? Application's fault? OS? Hardware sync issues?

No, smallest atm is 3mm bezel I think, but there's always this:
572276.jpg

As impressive as this 24 screen setup was, it would've been even more impressive if ATI spent a little more dough on ultra-thin bezel displays. I love the demo, but those thick prison-bar gaps annoy the hell out of me :D, they look like someone put a grid of black duct tape on an huge display. I wonder if you "tune them out" after playing for a long time?

Xplane-Linux.jpg

I think if the bezels were gray rather than black they wouldn't be as intrusive, but I'd only go with a 3x1 setup as I couldn't handle bezels being in my center of the screen. :???:

3x1 I liked though, very tight. :)

I got the "1 GPU per quadrant" thing, but why does this lead to misaligned quadrants? Application's fault? OS? Hardware sync issues?

Eyefinity does not work yet for crossfire so each card was running a different instance of the game. I'm guessing they patched the game to allow for the weird camera positions but since there is no communication between the game instances synchronization is an issue.

If you followed the link and read through it you'd find out it's because the Eyefinity driver (in linux) was allowing them to adjust the screen to account for the bezels. So each screen is being rendered at the resolution of the screen + bezel.

Regards,
SB

Luckily, LG is bringing borderless TVs already, so I guess there will be similar meant as monitors soon too
http://www.gadgetfolder.com/lg-sl8000-and-sl9000-borderless-lcd-tvs-ifa-2009.html

Those will still have a black border. The LCD itself doesn't go edge to edge. Only the glass, and then there's an added thin metal bezel on top of that. The borderless PR speak according to LG is due to the fact that it allows you to use wireless HDMI for freedom of placement, yada yada.

Regards,
SB

Well, if the TV is very thin like the new LED or OLED tvs then you can just overlap the screen for half the border thickness. That might look better.

Back