Amazing New Gears Of War Footage

The daytime scenes are especially breathtaking. The lighting is amazing. Here's a screencap:

gearsofwar_g4tv-avi020.jpg

:oops:

It looks good, but were we going to expect something different from UE3? Since it'll look the same across all systems; PC/Xbox360/PS3, but not sure about Rev.

BTOA said:
It looks good, but were we going to expect something different from UE3? Since it'll look the same across all systems; PC/Xbox360/PS3, but not sure about Rev.

Different games on UE3 will look different. I don't understand what you're trying to say. Just compare "Frame City Killers" to "Gears of War", both being developed on UE3, but look completely different and have different levels of graphical quality.

Hardknock said:
BTOA said:

Different games on UE3 will look different. I don't understand what you're trying to say. Just compare "Frame City Killers" to "Gears of War", both being developed on UE3, but look completely different.
You take the same style of game running on UE3 and place it into any of the 3 system; PC/Xbox 360/PS3, and all will look about the same.

BTOA said:
You take the same style of game running on UE3 and place it into any of the 3 system; PC/Xbox 360/PS3, and all will look about the same.

No one was arguing otherwise, why make a point?

Just viewed the video and the scene where they get off the helicopter looks very cool in terms of lighting and particles. Does anybody know who that guy is doing all the talking. Is he a programmer for Epic? He really knows how to talk. That retro style Winchester shotgun is pretty cool btw. :)

PC-Engine said:
Just viewed the video and the scene where they get off the helicopter looks very cool in terms of lighting and particles. Does anybody know who that guy is doing all the talking. Is he a programmer for Epic? He really knows how to talk. That retro style Winchester shotgun is pretty cool btw. :)

Yeah, his name is Cliffy B. he works for Epic. Extremely cool guy, I love all his interviews.

Looks cool, but the reloading/walking animation is weird... they have to improve on their third-person (or 2nd-person as the Epic guy calls) style.

PC-Engine said:
I don't think it's weird, it's just not finished. So far I really like the 2nd person view.
The reloading motion may be unfinished, but the walking motion is not much different from characters in other Unreal games IIRC. It can be a matter of taste though.

The reloading of the shotgun looks fine to me a bit missing some frames of animation, same with the (fast walking/running). I think they did this to speed up the game since at this point the animation is just place holders.

london-boy said:
Animation could (and should) be much much better. Looks very good though.

I'm sure they are still working on that, but generaly I think that animation will not advance as much as graphics do, so although I do expect GOW to get better animation han shown here, I do not see the same jump as with graphics, next gen graphics, last gen animation :( ...

Hardknock said:
PC-Engine said:

Yeah, his name is Cliffy B. he works for Epic. Extremely cool guy, I love all his interviews.

Whoah I just looked him up and he was the guy who created “Jazz Jackrabbitâ€￾ shareware game back in the day while in highschool. :oops: :D

This game looks stunning so far! you guys need to keep in mind it's not due until 6-9 months away so of course it is going to be improved on.

dukmahsik said:
This game looks stunning so far! you guys need to keep in mind it's not due until 6-9 months away so of course it is going to be improved on.
Did they even give out a expected time frame for its release ? All I remember is "Emergence Day 2006" which could be well over 14 months from now. ;)

Back