All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting the MCC bundle to swap places with the AC:U bundle. Right now the AC bundle dropped to #43, ok expected... but the MCC bundle is still at #61. Why did XB1 sales drop off a cliff? I'm only guessing that #46 + #61 is not as good as where it was in the top twenty, maybe I'm wrong?

I would assume everyone who wanted MCC already has it.

Plus, Walmart already had an exclusive Halo bundle before this last one went on sale everywhere else. Another factor, some of the better system deals were in February. People are probably waiting for better deals & I don't think we will see that until E3 at the earliest.

Tommy McClain

But we're talking about people buying an XB1, not existing owners. Some people thought that the MCC bundle would be more compelling, but that doesn't appear to be the case... both SKUs are hovering around 50-60 with the ACU bundle ahead, whereas the XB1 was usually just a few spots behind the PS4 when it was just the ACU bundle.

Last edited:
I think the next wave of potential buyers are waiting for the XB1 to hit that magical price point ($299 + game). Who can blame them? Consumers are very much aware (TV, Social Media, Friends, etc..) of MS debacle... so they're going to play the waiting game for better pricing.

I might bite at ~£200 if Argos do a decent deal black Friday as I'll have around £125 in vouchers saved up burning a hole in my pocket :)

Unfortunately Persona 5 is a little more niche in the west. Not as accessible as Souls game is/would be.

Especially since Souls games are in effect wRPGs mae by a Japanese dev., but without the story and conversation systems, and with awesome combat mechanics.

I'm betting that Bloodborne was pre-ordered far more than FF before March (which don't count towards March sales on amazon's rankings). And I still think Bloodborne will eventually pass FF (and soon).

With all the people I've seen talking about buying Bloodborne after skipping, or even disliking the Souls games, I think it is going to sell exceptionally well.

Amazon has the PS4 + TLoU + Bloodborne + $20 giftcard for $399! Wow, must be matching Target or something? Anyhow, great deal and the PS4 console is on the rise at #6.

MCC bundle is dropping relative to Unity, #64 and #54. MS misjudged the market, I'm guessing Halo fans have the game or are waiting for a Halo 5.

MCC bundle is dropping relative to Unity, #64 and #54. MS misjudged the market, I'm guessing Halo fans have the game or are waiting for a Halo 5.

Or gave up after seeing what they did with Halo-4.

Or gave up after seeing what they did with Halo-4.
I think remasters are a dicey proposition. Tomb Raider did well I think because a lot of [then] new nextgen console owners had little to play after Christmas. I think The Last of Us did well because according to Sony a lot of PS4 owners never owned a PS3 - it being one of the most highly accoladed games of the previous generation didn't hurt none.

Now there are plenty of decent titles to chose from, there's less of an incentive to double dip. Had the MCC come out six months earlier, during the dry Summer period like TLoU, I think it would have been a different story.

I have played one since ODST, I'm guessing some fans are not happy with 343?

Haven't? I've played them all(less the last couple of missions of Halo 4) & my problems with Halo wasn't just with 343. Reach by Bungie was also not that spectacular, at least for me. Yeah you were a Spartan III & they had a space mission or 2, but you didn't play as the Chief & you already knew what happened to Reach. I think going with a prequel was unimaginative & forgettable. ODST on the other hand was awesome & different. I would have preferred they done an ODST 2 instead. Halo 4 was interesting, but there was either something off about it or I was just over-saturated from playing too many Halo games. It's always good to have a break from something for awhile before getting excited again. Let's see if that happens with Halo 5. I think they learned a few lessons from Halo 4 & now Halo MCC. They can't afford to make anymore missteps.

Tommy McClain

Haven't? I've played them all(less the last couple of missions of Halo 4) & my problems with Halo wasn't just with 343. Reach by Bungie was also not that spectacular, at least for me. Yeah you were a Spartan III & they had a space mission or 2, but you didn't play as the Chief & you already knew what happened to Reach. I think going with a prequel was unimaginative & forgettable. ODST on the other hand was awesome & different. I would have preferred they done an ODST 2 instead. Halo 4 was interesting, but there was either something off about it or I was just over-saturated from playing too many Halo games. It's always good to have a break from something for awhile before getting excited again. Let's see if that happens with Halo 5. I think they learned a few lessons from Halo 4 & now Halo MCC. They can't afford to make anymore missteps.

Tommy McClain

Typo, sorry ;)

Might be interesting to see when/if it passes Final Fantasy Type-0 FFXV Demo for the month as a whole.
I'm betting that Bloodborne was pre-ordered far more than FF before March (which don't count towards March sales on amazon's rankings). And I still think Bloodborne will eventually pass FF (and soon).
That didn't take long... BB just passed FF (ranked 5th for the month). PS4 remains at 7, but XB1 dropped to 16.
Hourly chart currently has BB at 3, PS4 at 5 and XB1 at 58/67.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03/videogames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back