All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
New forum software. Seriously, PS4 is now up to #6. Why the sudden increase in demand for barebones PS4?

GTA V, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition? A lot of good reasons to buy a console, today.

New forum software. Seriously, PS4 is now up to #6. Why the sudden increase in demand for barebones PS4?
It may be increases PS4 demand or normalizing if XB1 demand relative to PS4. My guess would be demand up for both but XB1 got a relative boost due to Halo which isn't impacting things for the time being.

We'll probably see a resurgence though as we get closer to the holidays.

well the ps4 was $90 bucks for a couple of hours earlier today , I wonder how that affects numbers even though amazon said it was invalid the orders were placed and should have affected the charts .

Anyway the ps4 may be gaining because there are some really good black Friday xbox one deals. You can get at target the xbox one for $330 assassin's cred bundle with an additional $50 gift card. $280 for the xbox one with a game is an insane deal. Target is also doing 10% off gift cards even online. So you can order up to 300 in gift cards for $270 go in and get the xbox one for 270+30 for $300 and then still have the $50 gift card from target to buy another game.

I have not seen anything even remotely close to that from Sony

That 90$ deal was a fraud, posted to Amazon via fake reseller, which just gave people opportunity to go to brick&mortar stores and demand price matching.

Which why I doubt it significantly impacted numbers....

It pretty much had to be either that or the addition of the PS4 holiday bundle listings (I'm assuming they were listed very recently). Those only say "sign up to be notified when this item is available" though, so I dont see how they could have effected things. Plus they will be different SKU's with their own rankings anyway.

Definite likely guess it's somehow the $89 scam. We'll see how things change in a few hours/days.

Was there a way to actually faux-order the $89 PS4 though? I'm understanding it may have been a dummy listing created specifically only for price matching attempts.

Heck for all we know, simple web traffic may play a role in Amazon's rankings (which is a possible theory how an $89 listing that possibly couldn't be purchased but received a lot of views had an effect). Nobody knows exactly what goes into them. I believe I've read there is a "predictive component" to the rankings. So it's not only what is selling well but also what Amazon thinks will be selling well soon. And web traffic would definitely seem ideal for that algorithm.

But yeah hardware suddenly going ahead of the PSN cards is why I'm suspicious.

It's the scam, no way it would move from #11 to #1 unless there was a fire sale (or illusion of one), hardware rarely get past the PSN cards.

I must be missing something here... but how does this scam affect Amazon.com rankings? From my understanding, the scam did not have a purchase or add to cart button... that the scam was specifically setup to ripoff brick and mortar stores with a fake Amazon add. Or am I missing something else???

"AmzonElectronics" is a nice touch. Though Amazon is quick to remove fake listings like that—and you'll never get that $90 PS4 from them—it's still simple to snag a screenshot and bring it to one of the big box stores.

Something is definitely wrong here:

baib.png

Let's see, we're in the midst of the holiday shopping season and one of the biggest titles (GTA V) was released today. Just a crazy tinfoil hat theory.......

But the item is NOT the one with GTA-V bundled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back