All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the price drop is that there were no big games out along with it. Hell even tieing it to the evolve exclusive beta would have prompted more interest.

Didn't get the offer here. I've opted in to offers & I don't own an XB1. From the sounds of it, I don't expect me uptake on it. They need a real price drop, but no since doing it until September when we finally see some big games.

Tommy McClain

So essentially MS are now resorting to paying people to buy an XB1? Cool.

Uh what? You must be in marketing. "The more you spend, the more you SAVE!"

How is $499-$75 or $399-$75 equating to paying people to buy an Xb0x?

If they were offering $400 back, so you could either buy the soon to be non-existent bundle for $99 or get the $399 console for nothing, then your statement might make sense.

Uh what? You must be in marketing. "The more you spend, the more you SAVE!"

How is $499-$75 or $399-$75 equating to paying people to buy an Xb0x?

If they were offering $400 back, so you could either buy the soon to be non-existent bundle for $99 or get the $399 console for nothing, then your statement might make sense.

That's actually a pretty great idea: give the system away for free, and just make money on the games. Imagine the MS press headlines:
"30 million consoles in the hands of customers in less than 12 months"
I am pretty sure the RRoD cost more.

That's actually a pretty great idea: give the system away for free, and just make money on the games. Imagine the MS press headlines:
"30 million consoles in the hands of customers in less than 12 months"
I am pretty sure the RRoD cost more.

Roughly $300 times 30 million customers is like $9bn. I know MS like to waste money but I'm pretty sure RRoD wasn't that much.

Ubi just released their quarterly numbers, they are almost 4x up from same quarter last year. Watch Dogs is at 8 million shipped mark and they are moving A LOT of software on PS4:

lJKU72B.png

PS4 > Xbone x 2
PS4 > PS3 + X360
PS4 > Xbone + X360
WiiU = It's dead Jim

PS3 + PS4 = 53%
X360 + Xbone = 31%

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852682
https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsit...7ubisoft q1 fy15 english finaltcm99154457.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Roughly $300 times 30 million customers is like $9bn. I know MS like to waste money but I'm pretty sure RRoD wasn't that much.

lol, okay looks like my calculation was off by $ 8.1 billion :smile:

Ubi just released their quarterly numbers, they are almost 4x up from same quarter last year. Watch Dogs is at 8 million shipped mark and they are moving A LOT of software on PS4:

lJKU72B.png

PS4 > Xbone x 2
PS4 > PS3 + X360
PS4 > Xbone + X360
WiiU = It's dead Jim

PS3 + PS4 = 53%
X360 + Xbone = 31%

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852682
https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsit...7ubisoft q1 fy15 english finaltcm99154457.pdf

Someone show this to joker454, a 6 million PS4 user base (median Q1 right) accounted for more software sales then the 160 million XB360+PS3 user base. So much for his theory

lol, okay looks like my calculation was off by $ 8.1 billion :smile:

Someone show this to joker454, a 6 million PS4 user base (median Q1 right) accounted for more software sales then the 160 million XB360+PS3 user base. So much for his theory

This is only for one publisher & a 3rd party one at that. Need more data from other publishers including 1st parties.

Tommy McClain

This is only for one publisher & a 3rd party one at that. Need more data from other publishers including 1st parties.

Tommy McClain

Additionally, Ubi did not have almost any competition in this last quarter. Their game was the only heavy hitter.

Next quarter the only big game is Destiny [and million or two TLOU Remaster sales if Sony starts their marketing].

Quarter after that is holiday season madness, and those results will be most interesting ones for examination.

Additionally, Ubi did not have almost any competition in this last quarter. Their game was the only heavy hitter.

Next quarter the only big game is Destiny [and million or two TLOU Remaster sales if Sony starts their marketing].

Quarter after that is holiday season madness, and those results will be most interesting ones for examination.

Didn't watch dogs go against infamous on the ps4 and titan fall , plants vs zombies, Kinect sports on the xbox one ?

Didn't watch dogs go against infamous on the ps4 and titan fall , plants vs zombies, Kinect sports on the xbox one ?

Get your history straight. :)

Infamous and Titanfall were released around March 20th. WD was released in late May. Two different quarters.

Furthermore, Garden Warfare was February, and nobody cared about Kinect Sports Rivals.

PS3 + PS4 = 53%
X360 + Xbone = 31%

Worth noting Ubisoft sales are probably a bit PlayStation biased. They're a European publisher, with more sales in Europe which is more PLaystation oriented. Further their franchises like Creed just seem more like Playstation oriented franchises (I guess on a ultra simplistic binary multiplayer FPS=Xbox, single player action games =PS, type scale).

Not that I think numbers will be vastly different at EA or Acti, or that PS4 isn't kicking X1's butt.

GAF also surfaced these ubi tidbits. Notable because we get incredibly little data about digital sales

Of the overall sell-through data of WD, PC represented 10-12% - of which 70% were digital.
PS4\XB1 digital share of is 10%, with the XB1 being a bit more than 10% and the PS4 a bit less than 10%.

The digital share for 360\PS3 is only 3 to 5%.

Digital copies are bought more in the US than in Europe.

More physical-digital ratios:

Valiant Hearts - 50-50
Child of Light - 75% digital, 25% physical.

Watch Dogs sales: 2\3 on next-gen+PC , 1\3 on 360&PS3.

About expected, more confirmation digital is still a small minority on PS4/X1 (but of anything, 10% is a little higher than I expected, so perhaps it's growing, well, clearly vs 360/ps3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back