All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Amazon ships you a bum unit they have to take it back and eat the shipping cost. Of course if you bought it locally you would be able to drive back and replace it sooner, but who likes leaving the house? I bought my two PS3s and my PS4 at Amazon.

This is the reason I buy most stuff at Amazon now. Whenever I have had a duff item or even ordered the wrong thing they have just excepted the return with no questions and replaced the item.

Best example was a set of Triton AX720's that I bought and about 3 months later the cable that joined the control box had frayed exposing the wires. I contacted the sellers directly and they said I would have to return the unit to Triton directly but they couldn't offer a replacement or refund. Since I bought them through Amazon I sent them an email and they sent a replacement set next day and I just packaged up the old set and sent them in return. That's the kind of service I like.

Amazon also refund the item before even receiving it on the assumption you're telling the truth. It's a system open to exploitation, but it favours the majority of decent, honest shoppers.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but PSP came during the original DS. Throw the DS total sales figures in there, and I am pretty sure the DS beats the PSP by a large margin.

You also realize that the PS4 launched during that quarter in Japan right? Wii U has been outselling the PS4 in Japan lately. Wii U, PS3 and PS4 are all selling pretty poorly in Japan, but PS4 is tacking a terrible rate for a console that is very new. The console market in Japan is not a healthy market right now.

generally speaking dont you require a younger generation to maintain a player base.... explains japan entirely :LOL:.
I think its more the japanese have moved on to mobile, they actually spend more money than any country in the world (yes including the USA and by quite a large margin) in the android app store

Amazon also refund the item before even receiving it on the assumption you're telling the truth. It's a system open to exploitation, but it favours the majority of decent, honest shoppers.

Still OT but, I wasn't aware of this, MS is now doing something where they ship you a working console before you ship them the busted one under warranty.

I believe they may place a temporary hold on your credit card and other such precautions.

That's completely awesome and not something I'd heard of before.

What are my Xbox One repair options?

You have two options for getting your Xbox One product repaired:

Standard repair: Microsoft will provide a shipping label for you to use to send your console or sensor to the service center. Once the product is repaired, we'll ship it back to you.

Advanced exchange: Microsoft will ship a replacement product to you first, and then you'll send back your non-working item. There are a few important things to note about advanced exchange:

You must provide credit card details for an advanced exchange. A hold of $500 will be placed on your credit card for an Xbox One console or $149 for a Kinect sensor.
You're responsible for sending the non-working product in within 14 days after receiving the replacement product to avoid having your credit card charged

This completely takes all the pain out of getting a warranty repair, which is of course, being without your console for a period of time, and is really neat, and not anything I've seen anybody talk about.

Edit: apparently this service costs 14.95, but that still seems well worth it. Especially since all shipping costs under warranty are covered. And you still have the option to do the normal free send in your console repair as before.

More details

If the thought of going almost a month without your Xbox One sounds unbearable, there’s another option known as an “advanced exchange”. This is the fastest exchange method offered by Microsoft, but there are a couple of catches to it. The company places a $500 hold on your credit or bank card (plus taxes) and sends you a replacement console that arrives within three to five business days. You’ll have 14 days to return your defective console before Microsoft charges your credit or bank card. The company also includes a pre-paid shipping label and your new console’s shipping box doubles as a cardboard coffin for your old one. Once Microsoft receives your defective console, it releases any holds from your credit card. This is probably the best way to go if you can afford it, but not everyone has the means to do so.

The biggest drawback with using an advanced exchange is that you have to reinstall every bit of content that was saved on your previous console. Game saves are backed up to the cloud, and digital content is tied to your Xbox Live profile, but there’s no quick workaround for those massive game installs, so might have a bit of a wait on your hands before you’re completely back to 100 percent. As for your replacement unit, it will either be brand new or refurbished by Microsoft. It’s really a luck of the draw, but it never hurts to ask. The replacement console will covered for six months or will resume your stock one year warranty, whichever is the longest period of the two.

Also for whatever reason (better reliability?) this seems to be only available for Xbox One, not 360.

To bring it back to sales, the Destiny Limited and Ghost editions are all over the Amazon top 10 now. 4 of the top 10 slots. In total, with the PS4/X1 regular editions also in the top 10, Destiny currently has 6 of the top 10 spots. Granted the specialty editions will probably fall soon.

This game seems like it's going to be really big...

1. Destiny Limited Edition PS4
2. $20 Playstation store gift card
3. Destiny Ghost Edition Xbox One
4. $10 Playstation store gift card
5. Destiny Ghost edition PS4
6. Destiny PS4
7. Destiny Xbox One
8. $50 PlayStation store gift card
9. Destiny Limited edition Xbox One
10. Mario Kart 8 Wii U

The Destiny PS4 bundle also climbed to 36. It's surprising that it's staying between 36-66 when it's just a pre-order that has been available for nearly a month and it's still 2 months away.

Destiny could very well be the biggest selling game of 2014. CoD:AW will obviously be big, but it releases in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I played, Destiny is a very solid game, its not a new experience but its very well put together. I dont know if I would buy it (I can't stand FPS on a controller) but you have to hand it to Activision, they know a hit when they see one and they back it with a truck load of money to make it succeed. Would be surprised if it didn't move 7+ million units.

To bring it back to sales, the Destiny Limited and Ghost editions are all over the Amazon top 10 now. 4 of the top 10 slots. In total, with the PS4/X1 regular editions also in the top 10, Destiny currently has 6 of the top 10 spots. Granted the specialty editions will probably fall soon.

This game seems like it's going to be really big...

1. Destiny Limited Edition PS4
2. $20 Playstation store gift card
3. Destiny Ghost Edition Xbox One
4. $10 Playstation store gift card
5. Destiny Ghost edition PS4
6. Destiny PS4
7. Destiny Xbox One
8. $50 PlayStation store gift card
9. Destiny Limited edition Xbox One
10. Mario Kart 8 Wii U

Destiny will sell like boatloads. With that being said, I can't get into MMO type of shooters. Need to really sit down and fully try it however.

Still OT but, I wasn't aware of this, MS is now doing something where they ship you a working console before you ship them the busted one under warranty.

I believe they may place a temporary hold on your credit card and other such precautions.

That's completely awesome and not something I'd heard of before.

I've seen that with Seagate hard drives, and Macbook pros, so that's not something new.

Somewhat. The problem is not necessarily with the type of game, but from sense that 'this is what you have to do to be successful'. Many japanese devs felt they needed to 'copy' the western type of game in order to get sales because of the homogenization of games in the 7th gen, and many times it just falls flat. Mostly however, its a lack of confidence, a lack of fortitude, and simply a lack of budget.

Its simply easier to make a mobile app game designed with ftp and sucking people's money dry than making games aimed at core audiences, and so Japan moved over to that.

Its not necessarily a matter of japanese audience tastes changing to begin with. If something good for the console japanese domestic market actually released, it would sell tons. Xillia for example sold over 600,000 easy and made back its sales target and then some.

Problem is a chicken and the egg scenario right now in terms of PS4 sales. Japanese games developers are so scared of sales and taking chances, they want to 'wait and see' the sales of the PS4 before doing anything. Problem is gamers aren't interested in the PS4 until they see domestic games. So really...until something changes, the console is stuck between a rock and a hard place outside of that small hardcore group who would actually pick up a console for western games.

*ahem* Less flamebait on your link titles. Kthxbi!

Someone who didn't uncheck the box "please send me promotional material about xbox" anywhere, would be considered among their best customer.

MS offers $75 discount to loyal xbox360 owners

A sign the June price drop has not being having the desired effect perhaps?

It hasn't seemed to greatly stimulate XBO software sales in UK, which is perhaps a clue. OTOH XBO software seems to be doing better on Amazon lately.

A reasonable guess I think is along the lines of those Amazon predictions. Perhaps a doubling of XBO sales for June, which still leaves it behind PS4. Or I think there's a decent chance it could nip PS4 personally. We'll see July 17.

Then July becomes really interesting. As if you simply read Amazon charts, XBO hardware sales are halved again for July (one SKU vs two in June).

I should turn on my 360 and see if I get this :p

I now have an X1, but it's just $75 credit to MS store, which would be nice in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back