[360, PS3] Tekken 6

Well its obvious that Sony money hatted this so that it would even come out on the ps3 at this point.

Good move on sony's part eh

On a more serious note , the 360 is continueing to sell , its price cut has given it more momentum that it has in the past and it still has a larger ww install base than the ps3 and a huge NA install base in the states. I don't believe ms had to poney up anything from this . The art assets and most of the code should be transferable to the 360. After all isn't it the sony fan boys that have been screaming about making the ps3 the lead platform cause its so easy to then port to the 360 ?

Well its obvious that Sony money hatted this so that it would even come out on the ps3 at this point.

Good move on sony's part eh

On a more serious note , the 360 is continueing to sell , its price cut has given it more momentum that it has in the past and it still has a larger ww install base than the ps3 and a huge NA install base in the states. I don't believe ms had to poney up anything from this . The art assets and most of the code should be transferable to the 360. After all isn't it the sony fan boys that have been screaming about making the ps3 the lead platform cause its so easy to then port to the 360 ?

I think you mean Microsofts part.

This has always been a Playstation franchise.

It pisses me off this game could be finished already, or even possibly have been finished for months but because of Microsoft's money I won't see it till next year.

By that same logic, every PS3 port of a 360 game was paid off by Sony. Because they all undoubtedly ran into difficulties with the PS3 hardware when bringing it over from the 360.

You sound very embittered for some reason.

This is beyond3d, not some console fansite where certain posters love to spin other posters posts.

I believe I was very clear what titles I was talking about that had a previous official announcement changed and given a surprise announcement treatment meant to shock.

So I am not using your spin based logic, please don't crap my post.

...because of MS's console customers' money who want to purchase this game...

True.

But it doesn't take this long to add online, add two new characters and do some CGI movies.

Where is the PS3 version?, why not release now?, one of the only logical reasons it isn't out now is because Microsoft paid for it to be so.

This is beyond3d, not some console fansite where certain posters love to spin other posters posts.

I believe I was very clear what titles I was talking about that had a previous official announcement changed and given a surprise announcement treatment meant to shock.

So I am not using your spin based logic, please don't crap my post.

Fine, then to be more specific, every 360 title announced as exclusive that was then later ported to the PS3, must have been bought by Sony following your logic. If that appears as spin logic then perhaps you should question your own assumptions as that's what its based on.
  • Title X originally announced as exclusive for platform A.
  • Title X later announced/ported for platform B.
  • Development difficulties going from platform A to B noted.
  • Platform holder B must have paid for title X.
Bioshock would be a perfect example of this. I'm not trying to crap your post, but you seem to be arguing based on some rather large assumptions. And your arguments appear to founded in bias far more than actual fact.

True.

But it doesn't take this long to add online, add two new characters and do some CGI movies.

Where is the PS3 version?, why not release now?, one of the only logical reasons it isn't out now is because Microsoft paid for it to be so.

Or that they understand the diminished value of delayed ports. You still are going to get the PS3 sales now or 6months from now but you have the potential of hurting 360 with a delay. Releasing one version now and the other later will likely have your game out of sight/out of mind for the install base on that system. It'd be a wasted effort of a port. Case in point: UT3.

Fine, then to be more specific, every 360 title announced as exclusive that was then later ported to the PS3, must have been bought by Sony following your logic. If that appears as spin logic then perhaps you should question your own assumptions as that's what its based on.
  • Title X originally announced as exclusive for platform A.
  • Title X later announced/ported for platform B.
  • Development difficulties going from platform A to B noted.
  • Platform holder B must have paid for title X.
Bioshock would be a perfect example of this. I'm not trying to crap your post, but you seem to be arguing based on some rather large assumptions. And your arguments appear to founded in bias far more than actual fact.

You are still spinning/crapping my post. :rollseyes:

you are trying to spin/crap what I said by changing the message to suit your opinion, not what is really happening.

Bioshock, btw was never announced as an XBox 360 Exclusive, nor is it a "perfect example" given that the game is a PC port that runs at high quality settings minus AA even in a single core 32bit cpu like an Athlon 3200+ and Nvidia Geforce 6800GT.

Further as Betanumerical noted, it does not take this long to make 3d fighting game, add online, add two new characters and do some CGI movies for a franchise game series that has been associated with the Playstation brand.

Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 4 released earlier this year complete as a single player game is and even included an online specific version as well as the recently announced MEME expansion.

Obviously both Kojima Productions and Namco Bandai know how to make their previous games and sequels and basically have just as talented a dev team, it is a surprise to see Namco take too long to make a 3d fighting game when they just released one earlier this year that was known to never be platform exclusive.

You want to go around accusing me of bias and large assumptions but you come to me by trying to compare Bioshock to Tekken 6, I mean really where is your logic?

Stop trying to invent an argument that is going nowhere.

Or that they understand the diminished value of delayed ports. You still are going to get the PS3 sales now or 6months from now but you have the potential of hurting 360 with a delay. Releasing one version now and the other later will likely have your game out of sight/out of mind for the install base on that system. It'd be a wasted effort of a port. Case in point: UT3.

Although Unreal Tournament 3 was the other game announced for PS3 at Sony's press conference years ago it was well known that Epic was making their Unreal Engine 3 for both platforms so when it was announced that it would go to Xbox 360 given that Gear of War 1 is UE3 based, it was not really a shocking surprise.

However I disagree that such delay actually hurt that game, why do you think that many Xbox 360 gamers prefered to play Halo 2, Halo 3, Gear of War 1 and Call of Duty 4?

UT3 on Xbox 360 had no chance in hell in being even remotely memorable as a title that would spark sales and gain a following and provide a profit.

Tap in , this forum has allways had a hint of sony bias so its not really that odd that this back lash at ms having the stronger postion is happening.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=50145

This is another anti ms thread thinly cloaked as something else .

Your right though , MS customers are willing to pay for these add ons and franchises and there is a larger MS customer base to begin with over the sony base. its only a matter of time before other franchises move over to the 360 or multiplatform. The only titles that wont see this are the times Sony moneyhats to keep them. At that point do we see a huge out cry over Sony money hatting MGS4 to stay exclusive ?

Hey Eastmen you are making a rather large accusation there.

Beyond3d is a place where we discuss stats, technical information, business moves, etc

There is no platform bias here and your accusation makes no sense in this discussion or even in the thread you provided.

That doesnt explain it to me. Because the trend so far for many titles is either release for both or release first for the 360 and months later for the PS3. Releasing for the PS3 first is rare. Even for a title like Tekken 6. The UT3 is the only game that comes to mind and thats because you reminded me of it.

That doesnt explain it to me. Because the trend so far for many titles is either release for both or release first for the 360 and months later for the PS3. Releasing for the PS3 first is rare. Even for a title like Tekken 6. The UT3 is the only game that comes to mind and thats because you reminded me of it.

Wasn't there also that article that stated that PS3 exclusives sell a lot more then multiplatform PS3 games?. If that was true, it would make financial sense to release the game for the PS3 when it was finished, work on the 360 port and release that when its done, maximum profits.

Wasn't there also that article that stated that PS3 exclusives sell a lot more then multiplatform PS3 games?.
Burnout didn't do badly. It's a self fulfilling prophecy, shoddy PS3 ports reduce sales on PS3 "proving" multi platform games don't sell well.

Look at the good PS3 ports/multiplatform games though and it's a different story. To use Burnout as an example, sales on the PS3 on launch week were a couple of thousand less than 360 despite there being (at the time) a few million or so more 360s in the US.

Wasn't there also that article that stated that PS3 exclusives sell a lot more then multiplatform PS3 games?. If that was true, it would make financial sense to release the game for the PS3 when it was finished, work on the 360 port and release that when its done, maximum profits.

Of course PS3 exclusive will sell a lot more compared to multiplatform titles if you count only the PS3 number. But if the number is combined (PS3+XBOX360), those multiplatform titles would probably sell a lot more than just a PS3 exclusive.

One thing for sure, if it isn't released simultaneously, then Namco would have to promote the game twice and that will cost some money.

Although in this case, I would agree that MS probably pay Namco so it would be released simultaneously. But if you look at the bigger picture, as a company, you would like to please the bigger customer base.. so it's logical for Namco to please MS.

There are other probabilities too... like actually Namco wants to make XBOX360 version and release it at a later date, but MS would only approve it if Namco release it simultaneously. Instead of pleasing Sony, they would rather please MS because of the greater customer base and potentially more money to be made on that platform.

Are there any number on how many people only have either XBOX360/PS3 or have both?

Before everyone gets more carried away here, I'm thinking Tekken 6 on the consoles is going to end up using the SCIV engine if it doesn't already ... I'm tempted to completely disregard comments on BluRay and HDD made previously because Tekken 6 doesn't show anything that even remotely hints at it actually needing either, other than that SCIV also has some limitations for character customisation if I remember correctly on the 360 Arcade.

This is a Tekken 6 thread, not another 'Where have all Sony's exclusives gone' thread. Please return to the topic and leave talk of why it's appearing on XB360 to a specific thread.

Before everyone gets more carried away here, I'm thinking Tekken 6 on the consoles is going to end up using the SCIV engine if it doesn't already ... I'm tempted to completely disregard comments on BluRay and HDD made previously because Tekken 6 doesn't show anything that even remotely hints at it actually needing either, other than that SCIV also has some limitations for character customisation if I remember correctly on the 360 Arcade.

It should be using whatever engine the Arcade version is, because the Arcade machines are based on PS3 hardware.

More logical reason would be that Namco just released Soul Calibur 4, why would they release two of their bigger franchises so close to each other to fight for the same buck? I would say they probably like to see some income next year also. MS might have something to do with it, but in my opinion simultaneous launch will sell more units than timed exlusives. Bioshock PS3 version would have sold more copies last year than what it will do now. It is just coincidence that MS will benefit from that also. Namco will too and they don't need MS spending extra to get extra profits.

I'm interested to see whether that new X360 D-pad is any good, because as of today the D-pad is fairly useless compared to the Sony pad and as Tekken is one of my favourite console games I'm going to have to go with the best pad as I absolutely hate arcade controllers.

More logical reason would be that Namco just released Soul Calibur 4, why would they release two of their bigger franchises so close to each other to fight for the same buck? I would say they probably like to see some income next year also. MS might have something to do with it, but in my opinion simultaneous launch will sell more units than timed exlusives. Bioshock PS3 version would have sold more copies last year than what it will do now. It is just coincidence that MS will benefit from that also. Namco will too and they don't need MS spending extra to get extra profits.

If there's a long gap between releases, you have to do two media buys to market both versions of the game.

Does it really need to be put down to "buyouts"? SC4 sold better on 360 than PS3. Why would they make their next fighter exclusive to the lowest sales platform?

Dr Evil also makes a good point in terms of wanting to space their fighters out. Namco's decision here reeks of good business sense, as much as some appear to be emotionally tied to the outcome.

Back