Lets see if I can emulate Hardknock..Tekken 6 to 360?

There is also this thing called wishful thinking even if there is a reasonable explanation to support a rumor though.

That kind of rumors were surfacing even before the 360 gained its huge userbase.

We have also seen them come true a good many times. VF5 was just confirmed, I'm sure the rumors of it to 360 were poo-pood by some but it happened.

MGS4, there is so much rumbling about that coming to 360 eventually I'd be surprised if it didn't. Almost seems more of an open secret to me.

Bioshock and Assisans Creed are newer games that the rumors also proved true (to either console). Heck even Oblivion..

Bioshock and Assisans Creed are newer games that the rumors also proved true (to either console). .

Bioshock is exclusive. They annouced an exclusivity deal not to long ago.

OPM scan is from may 2006.

I suggest you try reading the topics your replying in.

I'd say Sony is still guaranteed to do well this gen as long as they have Final Fantasy. It's one of the best selling series of all time (even broken down on a per game basis) and is pretty much what defines Playstation as the RPG platform. (well, that and all the other major rpgs, but FF is the most major) IMO, especially when you're talking about some of the most hardcore gamers willing to spend the $600 to get a PS3 just for that one game, you'll find few franchises with anywhere near as much command as Final Fantasy. Now, if the next major Final Fantasy release goes to 360, I think that would be the sign that Microsoft will dominate this next generation, but I doubt it will happen. Final Fantasy is so focused on FMVs that I can't see them passing up blu ray, even if a multi disk dvd game could do the same job.

We have also seen them come true a good many times. VF5 was just confirmed, I'm sure the rumors of it to 360 were poo-pood by some but it happened.

MGS4, there is so much rumbling about that coming to 360 eventually I'd be surprised if it didn't. Almost seems more of an open secret to me.

Bioshock and Assisans Creed are newer games that the rumors also proved true (to either console). Heck even Oblivion..

I am already familiar with these and indicate to nothing regarding T6 or any other rumored title. Its obvious 360 got some extra support but at the same time its obvious there is lot of BS rumors and intentionally false information and rumors running arround.

So until there is confirmation things like these are as good as anybody making assumptions.

I never read any rumours about VF5 coming to xbox360. With xbox360's install base, there will always be a good chance that once PS2 exclusive games will now go multiplatform. But I wouldn't classify that as a 'rumour', it's logic.

Will we have a thread of each and every game that goes multiplatform? Seeing how things are going - and this hardly has to do with how "good" Sony or MS are - LOTS of games will be moving around, simply because the higher budget forces publishers to maximise their potential sales therefore going multiplatform... We will have a forum filled with single threads about each and every game, with subsequent "[put name of company here] is teh doomed, they're losing theyr exclusivez!1!" trolling flying around...

I'd say Sony is still guaranteed to do well this gen as long as they have Final Fantasy. It's one of the best selling series of all time (even broken down on a per game basis) and is pretty much what defines Playstation as the RPG platform. (well, that and all the other major rpgs, but FF is the most major) IMO, especially when you're talking about some of the most hardcore gamers willing to spend the $600 to get a PS3 just for that one game, you'll find few franchises with anywhere near as much command as Final Fantasy. Now, if the next major Final Fantasy release goes to 360, I think that would be the sign that Microsoft will dominate this next generation, but I doubt it will happen. Final Fantasy is so focused on FMVs that I can't see them passing up blu ray, even if a multi disk dvd game could do the same job.

Actually, historically, Dragon Quest has had more impact than Final Fantasy in moving systems, at least in Japan.

Dragon Quest IX isn't even coming out for any next gen system, so the next big thing would be Final Fantasy. And Sony has two of them in their pockets.

Final Fantasy by itself means very little in terms of install base. It will take more than one exclusive franchise to keep Sony #1. People are going to have to really want the Sony brand, Bluray, PS network, six axis, MSG4, FF13, Heavenly Sword, Motorstrom and just about any other exclusive Sony can obtain to hold on to the number 1 spot.

Final Fantasy by itself means very little in terms of install base. It will take more than one exclusive franchise to keep Sony #1. People are going to have to really want the Sony brand, Bluray, PS network, six axis, MSG4, FF13, Heavenly Sword, Motorstrom and just about any other exclusive Sony can obtain to hold on to the number 1 spot.

My statement is in regard to Japan. DQIX is coming out for a handheld and not on a major console. So the next big thing that Japanese gamers will anticipate on a console is FF. They won't care much about those other games you listed.

My statement is in regard to Japan. DQIX is coming out for a handheld and not on a major console. So the next big thing that Japanese gamers will anticipate on a console is FF. They won't care much about those other games you listed.

FF sells around 3-3.5 million per new release for the PS2 in japan. The install base is around 20 million for the PS2 in japan. It will take more than one franchise, regardless of region, for the Sony to maintain its marketshare.

Those IGN guys have connections, they just aren't always allowed to speak of them.

At one time IGN had Virtua Fighter 4, Soul Calibur 3, and Metal Gear Solid 3 all headed for the XBOX. Check release dates for games on PS3, 360, & Wii and I'm sure you'll find many TBA games that will never see the light of day. IGN was nice for high quality video, but now that GameTrailers has similar content for free I find myself going there less often.

Back