Xbox 360 Jp PR event details

one said:

Those must be off an impossibly early build. I'm inclined to say "this from the same machine that does GR:AW?".

The PS meeting Gundam was a lot crisper despite it's relative infancy.

Inane_Dork said:
I'm still just surprised that there are new Japanese games to announce for the 360. Having practically anything seems like a win for MS.

Makes me curious what is being withheld for E3.
I'm not sure just having 'Japanese games' is enough. I've read that the Japanese are really really brand loyal. They don't want Japanese RPGs, they want Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, that sort of thing.

predicate said:
I'm not sure just having 'Japanese games' is enough. I've read that the Japanese are really really brand loyal. They don't want Japanese RPGs, they want Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, that sort of thing.

Of course, but how do you suppose MS can "get there"?
If MS want DQ and FF on their system, would they have more success in going straight to Square Enix and ask them to make DQ and FF for X360, or would they be in a better position if they first had a lot of japanese titles on the system, before trying to get Square Enix to make games for them?
I know what i would do... MS need to build a solid portfolio of japanese games, especially RPGs, which will have to sell well in Japan, then start to lure Square Enix (and others, i'm only mentioning SE cause it's quicker than mentioning all other Japanese companies), showing them that a possible DQ and FF game would sell a lot on their system because japanese gamers are already playing games on it.
At the moment, MS is inexistant in Japan, for the second generation in a row, and even before Sony comes out with the PS3, and for Square Enix that's too much of a risk. And before someone mentions it, it's not the same as when they switched from Nintendo to Sony, it's totally different.
When MS can prove to SE and others that they are selling a LOT of systems in japan, that they are actually interested in japanese games and gamers, and when they can prove that japanese gamers care about MS, then maybe SE will change their stance, if that ever happens.

slider said:
Those must be off an impossibly early build. I'm inclined to say "this from the same machine that does GR:AW?".

The PS meeting Gundam was a lot crisper despite it's relative infancy.
Well it's an MMO FPS, so IQ may suffer, though the developer Dimps has been notorious in Japan for their massively underwhelmed UniversalCentury.net GUNDAM ONLINE (UCGO) MMOG for PC.

Project Sylph - Is that a 3D shoot-em-up? It's kinda hard to tell as most of the screens were from a prerendered cinematics sequence (haven't checked the video yet)

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon - Same here, screens from prerendered cinematics is all that is shown.

Gundam and FFXI seem to be the only ones that show gameplay screens.

rabidrabbit said:
Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon - Same here, screens from prerendered cinematics is all that is shown.

Strange btw. We've seen in-game from BD before.

rabidrabbit said:
Yeah, they look the same as the E3 trailer (at least the BD pics linked to do). IIRC correctly we have seen some very nice BD in-game screens. In game assets anyway, not gameplay. They were scenery and characters shown seperately. Would have been nice to see some updates but I guess that's reserved for E3. MS will want to make as strong a showing as possible I imagine.

Shifty Geezer said:
Yeah, they look the same as the E3 trailer (at least the BD pics linked to do).

Just saw the movie, those are the same old trailers (the BD at least, I didn't see the other before) indeed.

Shifty Geezer said:
Yeah, they look the same as the E3 trailer (at least the BD pics linked to do). IIRC correctly we have seen some very nice BD in-game screens. In game assets anyway, not gameplay. They were scenery and characters shown seperately. Would have been nice to see some updates but I guess that's reserved for E3. MS will want to make as strong a showing as possible I imagine.

whats shown in that trailer for BD is from the same trailer labeled as realtime. It's the beginning and end parts of that trailer.

Lost Odyssey looks too cool

Back