[360, PS3] Tekken 6

Online needs fixing sharpish. Lag-wise its been pretty excellent for me but its the anoying disconnects after WINNING a fight and the resulting penalty that makes me want to throw it out the window. Ive been demoted a whole grade on about 10 different occasions when ive actually won :mad:

Online needs fixing sharpish. Lag-wise its been pretty excellent for me but its the anoying disconnects after WINNING a fight and the resulting penalty that makes me want to throw it out the window. Ive been demoted a whole grade on about 10 different occasions when ive actually won :mad:

I don't know about it being fine because it's really terrible at the moment, and I don't have a bad connection. I suppose it's fine if you're not familiar with the game enough, but intermediate to high level play is impossible right now.

They're working on a patch so we'll see if they deliver.

I don't know about it being fine because it's really terrible at the moment, and I don't have a bad connection. I suppose it's fine if you're not familiar with the game enough, but intermediate to high level play is impossible right now.

They're working on a patch so we'll see if they deliver.

I get very little lag most of the time, trust me. I am very familiar with the game. Im able to pull off most of my juggles consistently. Im not the best but ranked about 1000th and rising which isnt too bad, ranked 39th for my main character.

For me its certainly been on par if not better than the other online fighters. Im in uk btw, im assuming most of my play is with people very local to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i also have the game now not had that much time to play the main game (i have been trying to get the platiumn for this game), but have had my ass kicked by ShadowRunner online. i'm also in the uk please add me as well!:D

For me its certainly been on par if not better than the other online fighters. Im in uk btw, im assuming most of my play is with people very local to me.

You're actually the only person to say this :p

I've certainly had some playable matches, but nothing came even close to offline as opposed to other fighters. I'm mainly a Mishima player and they're absolutely useless online right now. It's like night and day, and yes, I've had some local matches that were best naturally.

Patch is out at last. Havent had chance to test as im at work but seems to fix most issues from what ive heard. Anyone here tried it yet?

Word on GAF is that it's a big improvement, bringing it up to equal to or better than SFIV level ...

Also for people in the U.S., Amazon apparently has a deal for $32.

To celebrate:

Patch is out at last. Havent had chance to test as im at work but seems to fix most issues from what ive heard. Anyone here tried it yet?

Bought the game, because my buddy from US visits me: time to learn the combos with Heihachi again.

Gamplay is superb, Tekken at its best - I immediatly felt comfortable.

Animations are very good, some faces of the characters not so.

Overall, graphics (PS3) is subpar...and dissapointing. Characters have a lot of highly detailed textures, but there is a lot of high frequncy aliasing, which destroys a lot of the characters looks and makes it sometimes difficult to look at them.

But the real problem is, that I don't like the "glow" in this game (for instance when you charge, the character glows read) - this looks really out of place and ultra cheap (last gen-ish). Background lightning with glowing lights have the same issue. Question to the pros: is this deficiency is called "color bleeding"??

Can someone explain me why it took Namco so long to release this game?!?!?

I am happy that I only had to pay about 40Euros for the game (Tekken force mode, as always, is a bad joke).

Maybe the most important aspect is that it is of great fun playing this game.

Devastation 2010 is going on live right now, and I've been watching some Tekken matches on it for a bit. I must say, the game holds up extremely well in competitive play these days. I know there have been complaints about that in the past, but it looks very good, varied and exciting.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djwheat

There are always complaints around for every game, competitive or not. But T6, even the original sans the BR subtitle that the console versions are based one, never left the competitive scene. It's still one of the top grossing games in Japanese arcades too.

The Korean tourneys in particular are poetry in motion. There is an archive of CRASH at www.sdtekken.com so be sure to check it out.

The series' black sheep remains T4... that killed competitive play in less than a year and people kept playing TTT until 2005.

There's only 1 think that I think is ridiculous in T6...its the bound system.
Apart from that the game is fairly balanced & really good for competitive plays.

Atleast better than SF4 (vanilla) where they had a completely broken character (Sagat) & an overly powerful character (Ryu) dominating most of the tournament.

Just fired up Tekken Dark Resurrection yesterday and I actually think it's a much better looking game. Sure, there are obviously way more polygons now, but the image quality of the old game is just so much more pleasing on the eyes. I also think the more cartoonish characters look way less creepy than the current ones with their dead glass marble eyes. It's downright baffling that this game, minus the bump in resolution and the subtle self shadows, looked pretty much exactly the same on the PS2. Online play is pants though.

Well Tekken 6 has amazing (volumetric) lighting & per object motion blur :p

But I do find the models in T6 to be ugly looking, for eg. Christie in T5 looks sexy but in T6 her ingame model is downright scary looking. Same for Law looks great in T5 but in T6 his face looks completely messed up.

Lighting is superior and the game does push more polys in addition to some good texture work. Character modeling is suspect, but only compared to the CG art... not sure what went wrong there :oops: The animations however are the best currently in any fighter IMO.

Of course, there is the issue of it being sub-HD at 1024x576 with motion blur on. The DF went over the differences but the arcade version's 768 vertical res really made it a better looking game by far with motion blur on. The PS3 version sans MB replicates the look closely but no cigar, which is puzzling considering that the arcade board was a low cost one that was based on the PS3 hardware, and even had the XMB upon the initial boot-up.

The PS3 T5 DR has a better IQ for sure since it's full 1080p.

There's only 1 think that I think is ridiculous in T6...its the bound system.
Apart from that the game is fairly balanced & really good for competitive plays.

They're all low damage compared to the traditional juggles so they don't affect balance at all; VF5 had them a year earlier. What irks me time after time is the rage system.

Rage + counter = unpleasantness.

The arcade version had few framedrops here & there...console ver have a perfect framerate.

And the missing AA is really not noticeable (atleast to me), considering its a 60FPS game..lets get this straign, while playing the game characters are pretty much the only place where you'll be able to notice jaggies & the object motion blur does a fine job in hiding the aliasing on characters.

The PS3 T5 DR has a better IQ for sure since it's full 1080p.

Not for all environments though (not those that had many framebuffer effects, basically).

I was watching these recent pretty cool high level matches here:

http://www.mlgpro.com/content/link/307945/MLG-Columbus-2010-Tekken-6-Rebroadcast/

And thinking that I have to admit that while I really want some progress in this genre, this game has definitely been refined to a pretty fine level.

What I would like to see at least tried, is having something like a Move controller control the physical movement and poise (lean forward and backward, duck to the side, etc.), while perhaps keeping the hits and kicks on the buttons as much as possible.

Back