Tekken 5 DR PS3 goes online.

It's already a port for $20, which is pushing the limits. But I guess it's better than horse armor or DL-able strategy guides.

It's an arcade port that's a fraction of the cost of the PSP title and can be played on a 1080p 60" screen (vs the 480p?? PSP screen).

You're telling me $20 for a full game is pushing it? So you didn't have a problem paying $10 for SFII online on XBLA? Seriously, it's STILL $10 cheaper than the PSP version patch included. Why is that lame?

272p. 480 x 272 pixels

Owned.

Either way, the PS3 version pretty much offers a great amount of content for a fraction of the PSP price, plus online play. Not to mention if you *haven't* purchased the game yet, it will COME with the online included in the price (which is higher than the original) IIRC.

$30 for T5: DR online is not a "rip off" nor is it lame.

It's an arcade port that's a fraction of the cost of the PSP title and can be played on a 1080p 60" screen (vs the 480p?? PSP screen).

You're telling me $20 for a full game is pushing it? So you didn't have a problem paying $10 for SFII online on XBLA? Seriously, it's STILL $10 cheaper than the PSP version patch included. Why is that lame?

I don't give a rat's ass about the price of a PSP game, never bought one. But when original PSN games like Calling All Cars are $10 with MP built in, then yes a Tekken port for $30 seems steep.

And yes a SFII port for $10 is too much.

I don't give a rat's ass about the price of a PSP game, never bought one. But when original PSN games like Calling All Cars are $10 with MP built in, then yes a Tekken port for $30 seems steep.

Even though Tekken sports nearly double the audio tracks, twice the character (or in CaC's case, Car) count, and a SIGNIFICANTLY higher stage count? Or maybe the fact that Tekken's depth, and ultimately it's worth, is higher than that of Calling all Cars?

Is that REALLY that big of a deal to you? $30? Games like Shadowrun are $60, with 9 maps and multiplayer only. This is NOT a bad deal. It's ONLY $30. ONLY.

I see. So by your logic Warhawk should also cost $10 because it's a PSN game.

It came out in Japan, somebody else's impressions:

lyte edge said:
The patch came out today in Japan!

After you apply the patch, there's a new title screen, with the main menu as follows:

-Arcade Battle
-Ghost Battle
-Vs. Battle
-Online Battle
-Survival
-Practice
-Gallery
-Options

So now the game feels FAR more complete; the patch basically changes the game from the arcade version into the PSP version (although it's missing the dojo mode, we get online in its place). All of the backgrounds from Tekken 5 (with their BGMs) are selectable now, too. I haven't tried online yet, but am about to...

Also, you cannot buy this patch if you got TK5 DR by game sharing! The system recognizes if you bought the game or not. I doubt you'll be able to share the game post-patch, either, but you never know.

it's probably worth it ($25?) for an online fighter. I heard that it has no lag even on some transpacific matches.

Is that menu with the Online Battle in English?

So it sounds like it's already localized for US?

Now would be a perfect time to come out with it in the US, before Madden and now with the delay to Lair.

Apparently it's coming out at the end of the month, though I don't know where (US? Japan?) ... So that should mean this week? Exciting! There's also an interview on Gametrailers.com.

It's available today on the US store for $30, a bundle of the original and the online.

I've not purchased anything yet.

How does it work, you use a main account and then the download can be used for subaccounts?

Does the DRM embed your main account name, regardless of a sub account you're using?

Or does it base a key on your ethernet address or something?

I would assume your credit card info. is SSL?

I've had some disconnects while cueing up with people across the atlantic, but other than that lag is pretty much nonexistent. Voice chat is supported and you can set skill lvl to any or same as well as the number of people in the room. The rooms are set up like an arcade you watch your opponents fight while you wait. If you have friends and you don't like to wait you can do private one on one matches.

hrmmm... must be something wrong on my end as there was plenty of lag when I was playing earlier today. May I ask if you use a wired or wireless connection whilst playing t5dr online?

hrmmm... must be something wrong on my end as there was plenty of lag when I was playing earlier today. May I ask if you use a wired or wireless connection whilst playing t5dr online?

I'm on a wired connection and I think I spoke too soon. I was playing some dude from Italy and it was pausing all over the place. I think the best thing to do is to find friends from your own country and kick foreigners as mean as that sounds. That's the best way to lag free game play.

This is out tomorrow finally on the European PSN. If you don't have the game yet, then buy the game today for 6.99 and upgrade tomorrow for 3.49 ... from tomorrow on, you'll only be able to buy the upgrade (3.49) or the full package (14.99), so you save 4.50 if you buy the game now and the online expansion tomorrow.

Only one more day ... w000000t!

Back