[360, PS3] Tekken 6

Why don't they release a HD version of the new trailer?

Or do some of you guys maybe even have a source for something like that?

In Japan afaik Japanese game devs don't seem to feel comfortable giving 100% access video footage like an HD video would. The gaming magazines are still very much popular in Japan so most likely as usual they will show a low quality video and better quality screenshots for a magazine and then if there is a TGS (like next month hint, hint) they will have a proper showing of what they are up to.

Gamespot leaked a video early (now taken down) where it was announced that T6:BR is coming out for 360 and PS3 in "Fall 2009". Good stuff!

Edit: video in question to show I'm not making it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuXUc3Qlqyg - not sure if it's site rules to link to a youtube of a pulled vid, feel free to edit if you like, mods. I'm always amazed at how fast people in the net worked at getting this stuff on youtube ;)

its either MS want to make an announcement at the press conference so they requested gamespot to take the video down or the director got confused. No reason why it should be down if theres nothing wrong.

After SC4 and Ridge Racer, I'm really not surprised by this. If you have a good engine that already handles both machines quite well, this makes a lot of sense.

IMO Tekken exclusivity isn't all that important either, less so for Sony, as long as they still get the game.

I'm not surprised either. Just feels odd, Tekken moving off PS. But given the competition, will it get anywhere?

Doubtful. Tekken was starting to feel pretty long in the tooth already. Mind you I think it good that these long time PS franchises are making the move to other platforms. It may help make them less stale and less like watching Rocky MCMXVII.

This is good for Tekken, as I believe the sales for 5 were lower than 4 (understandably so, 4 was terrible). This will at least help the franchise grow. My question is, was this choice made by Namco, or forced by Sony / MS?

Grow, or shrink less fast? That's what I'm wondering. And this is coming from someone who's been an avid fan since Tekken 2 and has bought every version since (Tekken 2, 3, Tag, 4, 5, 5 PSP, 5 PSN ... ).

PS3 is less and less important console in the market FF13 now Tekken
Too bad for Sony, lose too much and so fast Where they did wrong?

This is good for Tekken, as I believe the sales for 5 were lower than 4 (understandably so, 4 was terrible). This will at least help the franchise grow. My question is, was this choice made by Namco, or forced by Sony / MS?

I would wager that somehow Microsoft paid off Namco Bandai for Tekken 6 BR, it is after all a game that is mostly associated with the Playstation brand and its announcement will be used by the media and certain gamers as adding more doom and gloom for the Playstation 3 platform.

Anyways kind of like how Shifty mentioned, it really feels weird to see Tekken get this treatment, its like, whats the point of owning a console platform anymore when you can just get all the games in one console that gets all the ports, I am betting thats what PS2 and Xbox 360 owners will be thinking.

The other thing was that I assumed that Tekken 6 was going to spear head the return of a Sony Playstation based arcade board and hence add security of a major list of exclusive, platform specific games that push that hardware in ways that the competition would not be able to match unless things were downgraded.

Specially with RSX getting the 65nm die shrink combined with a 65nm or smaller Cell BE, it would afford Sony, Namco Bandai and other Japanese arcade game devs to use that technology.

2009 Fall for Japan or Worldwide ?.. If its for Japan , then if we take T5:DR PS3 release dates into account , 2010 January or February for EU and NA seems probable ...

or more likely... they looked at install base and software sales and decided they would like to make more money from their hard work
What about simultaneous release ?.. Imo MS paid off Namco Bandai and demanded simultaneous release with PS3 version ...

or more likely... they looked at install base and software sales and decided they would like to make more money from their hard work

Would you care to read the tech specs of the arcade hardware that Tekken 6 is running on?

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=900#18640

Then read the article from the people who broke the story:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6198775.html?tag=topslot;img;1p

I hear alarm bells when I read this paragraph I will quote:

Harada admits there will be challenges in taking Tekken 6 to the 360, given that the original arcade version was built on a PS3-based architecture. "When we tried to move it to the 360, it would be a lie to say I wasn't concerned. It is quite difficult. For example, on the PS3 you have the Blu-ray disc as well as the hard disk, which lends itself to a lot of options for the game. We don't necessarily have this for the 360, where it has a DVD and it may not have a hard disk by default. So there are various things that we have to overcome when porting this to the 360, but I'm sure we can do it," he said.

I also fail to believe in the previous paragraph where he thinks fans would enjoy it on Xbox 360, thats implying that there are Tekken fans in Microsoft's console and therefore they no longer need to purchase a Playstation brand.

And they say Japan is losing relevance.

What about simultaneous release ?.. Imo MS paid off Namco Bandai and demanded simultaneous release with PS3 version ...

And that my friends just tells me that they were paid off somehow, this is a strategic move by Microsoft and their very deep pockets, 20 million for GTA+ exclusive content, XXmillion for Final Fantasy, and now Namco Bandai not only gives up Ridge Racer, but also Tekken.

It is like what is the point to owning a game console anymore if all these games are going to be on PC anyways via Xbox 360 ports.

Finally SYSTEM 357 HARDWARE was supposed to spear head a return to form for Playstation based arcade hardware that would ensure games that are not only exclusive but code wise platform specific. Its no wonder now that its taken so long for GTA4, FFXIII, and now Tekken 6 to not only get developed but get released as programming the games for both platforms is far more time consuming than a single platform.

MS could do that, or Namco Bandai choose simultaneous release itself because that way you can market it more effectively. Instead doing twice the marketing for each console version, they can just market the PS3 and XBOX360 version together.

I just hope that the PS3 version is at least bit better than the XBOX360 just because it's originally run on an PS3 based arcade hardware. Parity maybe okay though.

Would you care to read the tech specs of the arcade hardware that Tekken 6 is running on?

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=900#18640

Then read the article from the people who broke the story:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6198775.html?tag=topslot;img;1p

I hear alarm bells when I read this paragraph I will quote:

I also fail to believe in the previous paragraph where he thinks fans would enjoy it on Xbox 360, thats implying that there are Tekken fans in Microsoft's console and therefore they no longer need to purchase a Playstation brand.

And they say Japan is losing relevance.

And that my friends just tells me that they were paid off somehow, this is a strategic move by Microsoft and their very deep pockets, 20 million for GTA+ exclusive content, XXmillion for Final Fantasy, and now Namco Bandai not only gives up Ridge Racer, but also Tekken.

It is like what is the point to owning a game console anymore if all these games are going to be on PC anyways via Xbox 360 ports.

By that same logic, every PS3 port of a 360 game was paid off by Sony. Because they all undoubtedly ran into difficulties with the PS3 hardware when bringing it over from the 360.

You sound very embittered for some reason.

Back