Tekken 5 DR PS3 goes online.

nintenho

Veteran
http://sdtekken.com/2007/06/12/tekken-5-dark-resurrection-online/

The latest issue of Famitsu magazine has details on Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection with online versus play! With the cost of 2800 Yen(1000 Yen if you already downloaded the old version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection) you will be able to play FREE online versus matches with people all over the world! There will also be an online leaderboard that keeps track of player rankings! Also added will be practice and survival modes! There is no official release date for the upgraded version of T5DR, but be rest assured that SD TEKKEN will keep you posted! For more info and article pictures, click below!

* Online VS Mode Play Added
* Online Rankings Added
* Practice Mode Added
* Survival Mode Added

it's a little less than $10 if you already have the game. sounds like namco wants to test online to see if it would work for tekken 6.

Sounds good to me. ^_^

...but can you demo it in some fashion first, so you know whether or not the online network can handle your playstyle and be worth shelling out the dough?

YAY!

I'll probably get my ass handed to me over and over. But I will be happy to drop the coin to give this a shot.

My Tekken skills always get worse after I play a lot of Virtua Fighter.

YAY!

My Tekken skills always get worse after I play a lot of Virtua Fighter.

Yeah, Virtua Fighter 5 destroyed my gaming habbits also. :) Now i can not play Soul Calibur, everyone holds weapon, and colors are realy intensive... Also fantasy setting does not helps.

SCEE press release.

Take the Tekken Fight Online on PLAYSTATION®3
  • The time is now – online Tekken comes to PLAYSTATION®Network
  • Tekkenâ„¢5: Dark Resurrection Online to have new match modes and rankings
  • It’ll be available only as a download from the PlayStation®Store
It’s what every Tekken fan’s been hoping for and now it’s here, courtesy of PLAYSTATION®Network (PSN) – Tekken will soon be playable online for the first time. NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd. announced today that they will be releasing an updated, online version of Tekken™5: Dark Resurrection for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3), available exclusively by download from the PLAYSTATION® Store. Fight your way through the highly-anticipated online features which include ranked and non-ranked battles - allowing fans to show off their fighting skills in a non competitive environment or to battle it out with other Tekken masters to establish who the true King of Iron Fist is.

The new TEKKEN™5: Dark Resurrection Online download will include Opti Match, Quick Match, Custom Match and Friend Match options – making it easy to find the right match for you. You’ll also have the opportunity to study your opponents by viewing their stats and watching them battle. When not fighting yourself, you can psych out your next opponent with live voice chat. You’ll fight your way from ‘Beginner’ rank all the way to deadly ‘Dark Lord’ – and there will be an Online News Ticker posting the weekly, monthly and overall rank leaders at any given point, so there will be no doubt about who’s King of Iron Fist at any one time. The online update also includes two new single-player modes, including Practice Mode, where you can hone your reflexes before battling online, and Survival Mode in which you must defeat as many opponents as possible with a limited health bar.

Tekkenâ„¢5: Dark Resurrection Online will be available as a single download from the Store soon. An update pack containing the Online modes will also be available for those who already own the title.

TEKKEN™5: Dark Resurrection was released earlier this year for PS3 exclusively as a download from PSN. The game features stunning 1080p graphics, classic TEKKEN gameplay and new characters Sergei Dragunov and Lili – as well as the ability to control boss character Jinpachi Mishima for the first time. There are three Competition Modes and a brand new Gallery Mode in which you can download extras including ending movies and Tekken images using Fight Money you’ve earned. The new characters join a cast of over 30 kick-ass bruisers including favourites like Jin Kazama, Eddy Gordo, King and Marshall Law – all ready to fight for the ultimate prize once again.

Charging for this patch it is lame IMO.

I dont own a PS3 yet so im not sure about this, but isnt T5 one of those games where the buyer can "share" with 4(?) other buddies if s/he wants to? so you can freeload off someone and just buy the online patch (assuming I got my info right :oops: )

Im not sure why its a big deal that you have to pay for this patch(not pointing at you todd, just a handful of people i've seen on other boards), I mean, would things have been better if the game just came out once @ $29.99 with online play?

Just me, a $30 Tekken 5 DR with enhanced gfx, 1080p and online is a much better value than a Tekken 5 (not DR) with stock PS2 visuals, 480p and no online play :D

It's already a port for $20, which is pushing the limits. But I guess it's better than horse armor or DL-able strategy guides.

It's already a port for $20, which is pushing the limits. But I guess it's better than horse armor or DL-able strategy guides.

Actually, it's more like a port of a port of a port.

Arcade -> PS2 -> PSP -> PSN. :D

Each incarnation added som stuff though.

Oooh, this just sounds awesome.

You can whine about paying as much as you want, but this is the first time we can play Tekken online, and it seems we are getting a decent amount of features in that online too (spectator options for this game ... yummy!). And those extra modes make this game very complete (practice mode is really important in this game, to suss those 100+ moves per character)

If I have to pay another 9,99 euros, then for less than 20 euros I have a Tekken on my HDD (in itself very nice) that is Full HD, has loads of fighters to pick from, and supports online. This will tide me over for a good while, thank you! :)

Dammit, I already bought VF5, but online play might push me over the edge (if they ever do release those damn prepaid cards as my country obviously isn't supported). I haven't played tekken in ages. What's a good character to get into it again?

Paul is one of the more strong and straightforward ones (and has an easy 10-hit to time), so he's a good way to get back into the swing of things. My personal favorite was always Jun (Michelle second string, and the holdover from the first Tekken) but when she was stripped form the series I moved on to Xiaoyu. When Asuka came along it gave me a fun venue for old Jun tricks, though the introduction of Lili in Dark Resurrection has given me a new, strong female to beat up people with. ;)

Lei and Eddy were really the ones I played otherwise. I have rather a fixation to beat people up with chicks, though. I think it goes back to my first real arcade experiences, where guys would get SOOO pissed off when I beat them with team England in King of Fighters '94, or rout them with Charlotte in Samurai Showdown. Womping on the usual arcade dorks and watching them get all riled up when you do a cutesy taunt or victory stance is always worth the price of admission. :p

Plus, who would you rather stare at for lots of matches? My choice is not with "the big burly goon."

Also, I hear there's going to be a breast update to keep up with Soul Calibur IV. ;)

I think what Christy has should be the upper limit (good female version of Eddy). Even my girlfriend thinks she's really hot. :D

But this problem should solve itself. The ever increasing quest for more realistic 'breast physics' should lead to the characters toppling over eventually, then rolling to the side and unable to get back up again, no matter how hard you press 'x'. ;)

With this game I've started to realise more and more that there are always certain kinds of characters who have a nemesis who is hard to beat. Xiaoyu's low stance for instance is great for dealing with Eddy, who is otherwise tough to beat (button-mash friendly, so to speak, as is Lili ;) ).

I think what Christy has should be the upper limit (good female version of Eddy). Even my girlfriend thinks she's really hot. :D
You lucky dog... :p

But this problem should solve itself. The ever increasing quest for more realistic 'breast physics' should lead to the characters toppling over eventually, then rolling to the side and unable to get back up again, no matter how hard you press 'x'. ;)
As rediculous as that sounds, it'd still be less silly than DOA1!

With this game I've started to realise more and more that there are always certain kinds of characters who have a nemesis who is hard to beat. Xiaoyu's low stance for instance is great for dealing with Eddy, who is otherwise tough to beat (button-mash friendly, so to speak, as is Lili ;) )
Didn't notice much of a button-mashing quality with Lili; her moves are nice, strong, and tactical. Eddy, however, is can be abused with button mashing so easily it hurts me inside. :p Which is not to say he's not WAYYY better played by a smart player, but he's so hard to read that even if you know the game, you'll still get flummoxed by the randomness, and your lack of moves that can kick him down there. Heh...

Lei's got some fun floor fighting, too. ^_^ He just can't keep it up perpetually.

Back