[360, PS3] Tekken 6

Bah, nobody cares about trophies :)

Ha ha... some people on my friends list do. Over at B3D, I think inefficient has the highest level and trophy count (About twice as many as others. No wonder his nick is inefficient :yes:). tha_con's not bad too. Basically, everyone is higher than me. But I found you. Given your non-interest, may be I have more trophies than you :) (Oh, life is so fair !).

I like trophies. I also really like Tekken but ... hmm. Well at least they innovate the graphics in a more-or-less innovative manner, lol. The motion effects are cool and it seems that they've added some interesting physics to the animation in other areas too (when grabbing someone, the body seems to have weight and able to behave as a sack of flesh and bones dynamically) Hopefully the online is good.

Ban25, you have even lower gamerscore than obonicus ... lol! You better get Tekken on the 360 then. ;) (at least if you already have a stick for it)

Is it just me or does this really look like a last gen game? Even Soul Calibur 4 looks a lot better.... :oops:

I think 'last gen game' is a bit of a stretch. I think it looks ok... some environments look better than others, but that's normal.

The look of SCIV wore on my nerves pretty quickly. The faux-subsurface scattering would have looked great if there was any dynamicity to it. Tekken 6 doesn't have the faux-SSS, so the lighting interaction seems more believable. I have the PS3 version of SCIV, so the jaggies were bothersome. Tekken's motion blur smooths things out a bit, and goes a long way in evolving and improving the aesthetics.

I'm about to pre-order this. Still torn between PS3 and 360 versions. Most of my other fighting games are on the PS3, but I have more friends on the 360...and then there's achievements.

Are there any noteworthy differences between the two versions?

In terms of image quality? Not too much if you have motion blur enabled...

Always go with the friends option, I say. :)

I'm about to pre-order this. Still torn between PS3 and 360 versions. Most of my other fighting games are on the PS3, but I have more friends on the 360...and then there's achievements.

Are there any noteworthy differences between the two versions?

Are you comfortable with the 360's D-pad?

Btw since you mentioned achievements, does this mean the PS3 version wont have any?

If you have or are planning to get a 360 arcade stick go for that version as thats where your friends are. If you are playing on pad go for PS3

I have a USB "Saturn" pad and have bought all my other fighting games for PS3, so I'm getting the PS3 bundle with the wireless stick. If my friends want to play with me, they'll just have to get the PS3 version, or come over.

If you have or are planning to get a 360 arcade stick go for that version as thats where your friends are. If you are playing on pad go for PS3

Yeah, I'm getting the CE with the wireless stick. Otherwise I'd probably just get both versions. I guess another benefit of getting the 360 version is that I'll be able to pick up VF5 Online as well.

I'm with Phil. The graphics I've seen of Tekken 6 so far is rather embarrassing for two characters and an arena.

Ha ha... some people on my friends list do. Over at B3D, I think inefficient has the highest level and trophy count (About twice as many as others. No wonder his nick is inefficient :yes:). tha_con's not bad too. Basically, everyone is higher than me. But I found you. Given your non-interest, may be I have more trophies than you :) (Oh, life is so fair !).

Man...now I feel like I'm only doing "okay". Guess I need to get more trophies :p That Uncharted 2 plat didn't help as much as I thought it would!

Any idea what the T6 trophies will look like?

I'm with Phil. The graphics I've seen of Tekken 6 so far is rather embarrassing for two characters and an arena.

I will get it anyway becuse am I a huge fan of the franchise and haven't played Tekken for years but I find it a bit sad that it's not the technical excellence show it used to be in the PS1 era. The graphics look ok to me, though.

Back