[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Multiplatform, 60 fps awesomeness has its price. But kick-ass gameplay will hopefully make up for that. :)

Multiplatform, 60 fps awesomeness has its price. But kick-ass gameplay will hopefully make up for that. :)

Hopefully they've stayed good to their word and will rely less on infinitely respawning enemies. Not crazy about how MW2 has gone deep into Tom Clancy territory, with the DC on fire trailer.

Got my copy ordered. :smile:

Sold out within minutes for both systems so they added another 200 more for 360 and 300 more for PS3 (probably because they didn't update the price for the PS3 version when the sale started). Ordered my copy before the sale went live and called CS to get the price adjusted as many were doing the same over at RFD. They sold almost half of the copies for PS3 before the sale even started.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw 2 seconds of that vid, but it shows a camera over the top, and not to the side, so corner view shoudn't be an issue. If the camera can be repositioned, as long as the games have allplayers in the same camera view, it's not a problem as all players are on a level footing. In fact, if they have it as an option it's down to the player to choose. If they prefer first person even though the competition may have a better view, that's their call.

I don't know if the rumors are true, but I really like the idea to switch between first and third person view.

What makes me wonder: doesn't third person view impose a performance penalty? Because now you have additionally a (hopefully) highly detailed character+animations to draw.

I just saw 2 seconds of that vid, but it shows a camera over the top, and not to the side, so corner view shoudn't be an issue. If the camera can be repositioned, as long as the games have allplayers in the same camera view, it's not a problem as all players are on a level footing. In fact, if they have it as an option it's down to the player to choose. If they prefer first person even though the competition may have a better view, that's their call.
It's easy to see around corners in that view, just by simply looking to the opposite direction of the corner you want to see around. I played the original Rainbow Six online for years, and third person view became very commonly used to see around corners.

On another note, does anyone know how long the SP campaign is?

Uhuh? I dont think you gave that much thought into this statement.

It has nothing to do with camera not being on the side\top, and everything to do with the fact that the camera is placed behind the player, giving you increased side vision!

Hope this is not true at all, will just increasing camping options.

It has nothing to do with camera not being on the side\top, and everything to do with the fact that the camera is placed behind the player, giving you increased side vision!
If the camera is over the right shoulder, like U2, you can see further around right corners than the true first-person view.

Back