[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

If I weren't getting the Hardened edition, I might pick up this bundle.

As is, I'll probably get the non-limited Forza 3 version that a few sites leaked the existence of (assuming it's also coming stateside...). No fancy paintjob, but perhaps I'll like that better in the long run.

500x_mw32.jpg

Who buys this stuff? Unless you live in a military bunker somewhere in the desert, I'm really not sure who would want one of these...

Who buys this stuff? Unless you live in a military bunker somewhere in the desert, I'm really not sure who would want one of these...

If I didn't have a 360 and wanted one, I'd get it not matter what it looks like. You get an extra controller, an extra 100GB and one of the most anticipated games of the year for $100.

Hopefully that means a 250GB hard drive is on the way too. I think that console looks ok, better than the Halo 3 one anyway.

Hmm . . . Do I need another 360?

It's definitely better looking than the Halo 3 console. Though I wouldn't want the design, but I could see people who don't have a 360 will find great value in it. An extra 130gb, an extra controller & the game for $100? No contest. Kinda makes up for not having a Bluray drive. I'm sure I'll upgrade to the bigger drive, but not till Natal comes out.

Tommy McClain

How many people really care about the design? I mean, it's not like RE one that was red or anything that really looks silly.

Then again, people were buying Gamecubes in all different colors and I actually thought the yellow Simpson's Movie one was cool so I guess it all comes down to personal preference.

The value in this is astonishing though, if you were interested at all in MW2 and needed a console or a second console this is the one to get. Only missing the wireless headset it looks like.

The design isn't bad, and the deal is still missing a wireless adapter. As for more CoD discussion, I'm getting really sick of the hype train, and I'm pretty much about to just jump off altogether, because all I see and hear about is MW2. Jesus Christ it's annoying. I guess boys will be boys though however, I think I'll be a man and continue playing CoD: United Offensive and BF2 :LOL:

I like the design unlike that horrible, horrible Halo box

I saw the video of it on XBL yesterday and evidently, Infinity Ward art dept had a hand in (or completely handled) the design.

Last edited by a moderator:
The design isn't bad, and the deal is still missing a wireless adapter. As for more CoD discussion, I'm getting really sick of the hype train, and I'm pretty much about to just jump off altogether, because all I see and hear about is MW2. Jesus Christ it's annoying. I guess boys will be boys though however, I think I'll be a man and continue playing CoD: United Offensive and BF2 :LOL:

Yeah, the thread here about CoD4 MW2 is on fire with activity. Oh wait :p

Per the wireless adapter, anyone wanting to play CoD4 MW2 online would be best off with a wired connection. Good non-addition!

Yeah, the thread here about CoD4 MW2 is on fire with activity. Oh wait :p

Per the wireless adapter, anyone wanting to play CoD4 MW2 online would be best off with a wired connection. Good non-addition!

But apparently MS are readying a Wireless-N adapter. Even though I have a wired ethernet connection on mine, and would never go wireless for online gaming, I see wireless N as a good option.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/15/xbox-360-802-11n-wifi-adapater-floats-through-the-fcc/

If I didn't have a 360 and wanted one, I'd get it not matter what it looks like. You get an extra controller, an extra 100GB and one of the most anticipated games of the year for $100.

You're absolutely right. I forgot for a second how much Microsoft charges for their peripherals and HD upgrades. I guess that most owners probably hide their X360 somewhere behind the wall or TV because of how it looks anyway... so a different coloured MW2 one wouldn't make a difference. I'd hide mine too! :p

(no offence intended btw)

I like how 360 looks..better than the other consoles this gen..

To stay somewhat OT, I like the MW2 bundle system's looks a lot too. MS seemed to have rebounded from their terrible Halo 3 bundle. Really the color scheme for the MW2 console is something like what I would have liked the Halo 3 SKU to look like.

Anyways the SKU seems quite popular, as it's already shot up to #6 (last I checked) on Amazon.com's VG bestsellers, only a couple slots behind the PS3 Slim.

I guess that most owners probably hide their X360 somewhere behind the wall or TV because of how it looks anyway

hmmm why? its a matter of taste i like x360 looks its cool imo, thats how a console should look like.

Im a little worried about the new killstreak bonuses.

They seem waay to powerful and waay to frequent. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 11
You can also have a perk that reduces this to 2,3,4,5,6,8,10.

People will constantly send in lots of crazy stuff, i hate the chopper and airstrikes (i use them (Easy xp) but its very cheap, and they have ridiculous aiming accuracy and will see you as long as any part of your body is in a straight open line towards the chopper. Doesn't matter if only your left little finger stands out in the window, that chopper will still notice and shoot.) Hopefully they will reduce some of the insane auto aiming or something.

I average 2.32 kills\death (1.5 per minute) while stoned in CoD4. Getting 7+ kill streaks usually happends atleast once per FFA round on average. And i play way to little (2.5 days play time over 2 years) to stand a chance against the good players who play all day. (But thankfully i only encounter those in 1% of the matches i play, and being able to aim at max sensitivity pretty much ensures CQC win unless you play and are able to aim at max sens aswell).

With all those bonuses you can get much much much more kills. It will be one crazy battlefield with constant airstrikes, choppers, predator missiles etc etc. I guess it just me, I like it simple, guns vs guns. Hope this will still be the main part of CoD6.

I also dont like that my teammates can move my gunturrets. I play with random people, and the average random player is ****ing retarded
(only explanation i can find as to why i win 60% of all FFA matches i play (30% 2nd and 3rd), when you factor in that im stoned, and they are most likely on average sober )
I dont want him moving my perfectly placed gunturrets and reduce my kills! its bad enough that they tend to block paths and\or give away where i am by firing their gun in the air, standing next to me.

I like that we get PRO perks. I wonder how much they increase the impact of the perk. Stopping power combined with certain high dmg weapons (or high RPM weapons) could be very deadly, if this increase is big such perks will be very very nice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back