[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Not out until the 10th, right?

in NA.

I think it's out (or street date broken) in some smaller regions/countries and I'm guessing people are buying from importers.
Because a lot of people have been playing it, I expected our posters from India or Middle East at least to have more info.

Its not available here in India yet..though I did finished the game once on my friend's modded 360.(Dont bash me, I already have a pre order for this game heh )

Gents I have a question.

I understand that weapon models are expensive assets in general for many video games (FPS especially)-

But why does IW continually harp on how "Adding weapons" to MP via DLC (or etc) would be incredibly hard due to memory constraints?

Does the game not simply load the needed assets\weapon models from the disc\HDD as required? They don't seriously pre-load every weapon and combination into memory do they?

Maybe, the problem is:
If they add more weapons as downloadable content, those new weapons would have to re-patched into every player's game, as you would want to be able to pick up those weapons too or that your game knows how to render/display those weapons with the damage and sound authentic. These weapons would have to be in memory (or at least the weapons that are used during the game) and it could well be that they haven't accounted for this.

Well to be sure I assumed that the weapons being used must be in memory- but this sounds more like an inconvenience and less like a "Big problem".

Also sounds like lack of foresight?

So how is it?

Its actually great, first 1-2 missions are good rest are a pass, it gets better near the end. About the story , u cud literally feel that they are using the same COD4 story concept in a new perspective.

Overall I'd rate it lower than COD4 as it lacks some stuffs found in cod4 (Which eventually made the game awesome )

Its actually great, first 1-2 missions are good rest are a pass, it gets better near the end. About the story , u cud literally feel that they are using the same COD4 story concept in a new perspective.

Overall I'd rate it lower than COD4 as it lacks some stuffs found in cod4 (Which eventually made the game awesome )
No, they're expanding on themes of the COD4 story with old and new characters and taking their narrative to more sensitive and dangerous places. Which is what good, ambitious storytellers do. I've beaten the campaign, so if anyone wants to ask questions about it do so.

So, no impressions yet?

I've been seeing a lot of my friends playing this game since yesterday.

For me is a candidate for GOTY, for reference my other candidates are Batman Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2. They improved a lot from COD4, the game has a really good passing and the environments are a lot more dynamic now. I don’t know how but they managed to improve the graphics and have a framerate that is more stable than COD 4. The only thing is that the game is a little bit short I beat it in less than 10 hours on hard.

PS: I have a friend that works at a store, and he managed to get me a copy of the game.

I like the game but it didn't exactly blow me away either.I give the game a sold score of 8.5...

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they're expanding on themes of the COD4 story with old and new characters and taking their narrative to more sensitive and dangerous places. Which is what good, ambitious storytellers do. I've beaten the campaign, so if anyone wants to ask questions about it do so.
Almost all the events are literally the same, its like they did it on purpose since there is a dialogue by a reoccuring character like "l could feel we ended this war yesterdy".
And the visuals seemed simpler than WaW, which felt very complex for a 60FPS game, obvious diff wud be the water quality (though it surely looks better than MW1).

About the missing feature which someone asked about..
No mission like All Ghillied up or the chernobyl flashback
The Special forces mode is actually better & more enjoyable (when in co-op) than SP imo.

I'd give the game an 8.5

This game seems to have a very special level, called no russian
Where you go to an airport as a terrorist and shoot hundreds of civilians.
Now that's not that much different from what you do in other games, but the first time I saw the video I didn't feel good about it.

We didnt play the same game.
Some of setpieces were similar to those in MW1, but there was still a freshness to some of the scenarios. (by fresh, I mean fresh to the COD franchise)

Did you notice an upgrade graphics wise or does it look the same as COD4?

Btw I see that this game does all its shadows are real shadows, so I was thinking could they gain enough performance to hit 720p, if they use baked shadows ? (Is it even a possibility ?)

Back