[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Yea, camping is definitely a good tactic for noobs like me, much more sensible than giving the other campers a free kill by running around the map.

Also how do you figure out who is hosting the match?

I do really welcome anyone to play with us, maybe playing with a group can teach some people how to handle campers? Claymores and Stun grenades are your friend, as are UAVs (super easy perk, and if you are constantly fighting campers go Hardline--UAV in 2 kills). Anyhow, noticed yesterday my raiting on XBL has dropped from 100% to 70%. I am getting a lot of "avoid--unsportsmanlike conduct" on MW2 :LOL:

Are you saying my feedback dropped you by 30%? ;)

My feedback hasn't suffered any from MW2 (or from H3); where it took a really big hit was Gears of War 2. GW2 has some of the whiniest little bitches playing it.

Yea, camping is definitely a good tactic for noobs like me, much more sensible than giving the other campers a free kill by running around the map.

Also how do you figure out who is hosting the match?

On the score sheet (select) just look for the guy who has 4 green bars when the match start. (has to be right away, because after the initial second,, other people with good connection might get 4 bars aswell.)

I do really welcome anyone to play with us, maybe playing with a group can teach some people how to handle campers? Claymores and Stun grenades are your friend, as are UAVs (super easy perk, and if you are constantly fighting campers go Hardline--UAV in 2 kills). Anyhow, noticed yesterday my raiting on XBL has dropped from 100% to 70%. I am getting a lot of "avoid--unsportsmanlike conduct" on MW2 :LOL:

Stun grenades? I prefer flash, because with stun grenades you can often (not allways) manage to position yourself towards the entrance and still kill the guy coming. Of course this depends alot on how quick the guy throwing the stun nade moves in after the explotion. With flash not so much as your only hope is to blind fire.

Yeh,XBL rating are a bitch. I got quite a bad hit from MW1. XBL is more fun thought, cuz everbody has a mic and its fun to hear people whine, and then just say something to really piss them off after you kill em for the X'th time.

Which is quite a statement. While KDR definately is inflated by killstreaks, it certainly does not have to be a measure of camping skills. You are just assuming that people with high KDR camps.

I said a high KDR is indicative of camping AND/OR killstreak inflation, thus KDR as a measure of how good a player is worthless.

What platform are you playing on?

I said a high KDR is indicative of camping AND/OR killstreak inflation, thus KDR as a measure of how good a player is worthless.

And you base this on what?

I can say first hand (last night is a great example) that I didn't get a single harrier and I dropped all but 1 (lolz!!!) sentry on a roof and I was above 2:1 every match except 1 (13:13) and had a number of games go high (12:1 and 22:4 stick out).

No camping. No effective kill streak usage. So while my assessment is subjective, it is based on (1) proof that what you are saying isn't universal as I am an exception and (2) I have played with people much better than I am.

And there are people on XBL a *lot* better than I am. And as much as Kill Streaks help they also hurt (e.g. I don't know how many predators stop a streak lol).

As for campers, I already mentioned it is really easy to break campers so they cannot go on those 7+ kill streaks. If people are having a problem where a stationary camper is getting large streaks the issue is more them than the skill of the camper. One flash should be the end of that.

What platform are you playing on?

And you base this on what?

I can say first hand (last night is a great example) that I didn't get a single harrier and I dropped all but 1 (lolz!!!) sentry on a roof and I was above 2:1 every match except 1 (13:13) and had a number of games go high (12:1 and 22:4 stick out).

No camping. No effective kill streak usage. So while my assessment is subjective, it is based on (1) proof that what you are saying isn't universal as I am an exception and (2) I have played with people much better than I am.

And there are people on XBL a *lot* better than I am. And as much as Kill Streaks help they also hurt (e.g. I don't know how many predators stop a streak lol).

As for campers, I already mentioned it is really easy to break campers so they cannot go on those 7+ kill streaks. If people are having a problem where a stationary camper is getting large streaks the issue is more them than the skill of the camper. One flash should be the end of that.

I think this discussion is a lost cause. Specwar believes this game is based on who sees the other guy first and who camps the best. No matter what we say will change his opinion of that. I dunno why he has this opinion, but im pretty sure that me and you not camping and getting nice KDR's without killstreaks is not going to change that. Neither will all the elite players that are far better than us.

Specwars, next time you play when im online, why dont you join me? I will personally show you that MW2 values SKILL, not camping nor killstreaks (And no, the skill is not to magically see the enemy first every time. ).

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a reason I call it the Century Gun, cause maybe 1 out of 100 times Lag Bot will actually land it so he can use it. ;)

Last night he wasn't playing any different than usual and was continuing to have good games with high KDR. The only slight difference was being unlucky, being killed 1 kill short of having a reward. Some of the groups we played against were camp-city (tents, fires, s'mores and all), and we pulled out significantly more wins than losses. Some were outright embarrassments for the other team too, total landslides.

The one part that sticks out is a good sniper camping in the far back section of the poppy fields on Afghan. He was swiftly dealt with. I can only imagine how much he must hate our javelins or predator missile.

Yeah, I think we lost 2 rounds all last night? I am glad we decided to do one more after barely losing. I brought the pain in return
33-3
. I think I got 3 Harriers all night and 1 was shot down right away and neither did more than a couple kills. The one chopper gunner got me 4 kills (ok, I suck at perks).

As for Century Guns ... what a waste! So I get them, and half the time I actually get to a safe place, toss the flare, and if I am still alive (!) it lands on a roof :( Then the others time, I dunno, dieing while placing stinks! Definately a perk that works best on only a couple maps.

As for Century Guns ... what a waste! So I get them, and half the time I actually get to a safe place, toss the flare, and if I am still alive (!) it lands on a roof :( Then the others time, I dunno, dieing while placing stinks! Definately a perk that works best on only a couple maps.

Sentry Guns ;) I've landed quite a few on top the bridge in Underpass, I always forget about it. But they can be very effective if you leave them in the right place. And the one thing I really love about them is that you can move them around, so they work very well in Headquarters.

I think this discussion is a lost cause. Specwar believes this game is based on who sees the other guy first and who camps the best.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Once again, I said a high KDR is more indicative of camping/or killstreak inflation.

You've been playing with killstreaks right? You got the harrier before? Pave Low? Chopper Gunner? Nuke? So yah, your KDR is inflated. KDR as a statistical measure of skill is pretty worthless. If you don't need killstreaks to maintain a high KDR, then stop using them from now on.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Once again, I said a high KDR is more indicative of camping/or killstreak inflation.

You've been playing with killstreaks right? You got the harrier before? Pave Low? Chopper Gunner? Nuke? So yah, your KDR is inflated. KDR as a statistical measure of skill is pretty worthless. If you don't need killstreaks to maintain a high KDR, then stop using them from now on.

Way to selectively ignore people's posts, words, and evidence.

Joshua Luna just got done pointing out he had a high KDR while getting less than a handful of killstread rewards, which didn't net appreciable kills when he did get them. Not to mention all the other stuff they've been saying.

Killstreaks are available to everyone. So whether it is inflated or not, people with higher KDR will generally be better than people with low KDR. So while it is not an absolute pure number, it is still very statistically relevant.

And whether it is inflated or not has absolutely Zero to do with camping = high KDR.

Hell, you can just as well say grenades in all FPS gamse just inflate KDR. Or Rocket Launchers. Or anything that could potentially kill groups of enemies who you cannot see directly. But that's disingenous at best. Just like Killstreak rewards they are available to all players. And just as with grenades and rocket launchers and sniper rifles, the better the player is, the better use they will be able to make out of the tools provided within the framework of a game.

A person may not like it, that's fine. I used to run into people all the time that hated shotguns, rocket launchers, grenades, rail guns, chainguns, teleporters (teleporter kills), etc. and thought they were cheap and only used to inflate KDR (Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, UT, RtCW, etc.). I think people just like to complain and try to find a reason to explain why they aren't good at X game.

Regards,
SB

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to selectively ignore people's posts, words, and evidence.A person may not like it, that's fine. I used to run into people all the time that hated shotguns, rocket launchers, grenades, rail guns, chainguns, etc. and thought they were cheap and only used to inflate KDR (Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, UT, RtCW, etc.). I think people just like to complain and try to find a reason to explain why they aren't good at X game.

To be fair though, the argument is going in circles. I don't think specwarGP2 ever disagreed what Josh was saying, but arguing that this probably isn't the norm. No doubt, there are very skilled players that don't rely on killstreaks - but it's still something skilled players benefit even more so from than average players.

Look at it this way - the average player probably doesn't get many consecutive kills very often. He'll struggle to average a 1.0 K/D ratio most of the time. These players, I'd argue, are killed quite often by killstreaks achieved by better players. Better players receive an advantage by using killstreaks that you don't find in other games, inflating the K/R ratio.

It's okay with me though. I find the killstreaks bring in an interesting element to the game that other games don't offer. KZ2 offers the tactical element by having 8 distinct classes and abilities, MW2 is tilted towards the ruthless gameplay and achieving of killstreaks.

To be fair though, the argument is going in circles. I don't think specwarGP2 ever disagreed what Josh was saying, but arguing that this probably isn't the norm. No doubt, there are very skilled players that don't rely on killstreaks - but it's still something skilled players benefit even more so from than average players.

Look at it this way - the average player probably doesn't get many consecutive kills very often. He'll struggle to average a 1.0 K/D ratio most of the time. These players, I'd argue, are killed quite often by killstreaks achieved by better players. Better players receive an advantage by using killstreaks that you don't find in other games, inflating the K/R ratio.

It's okay with me though. I find the killstreaks bring in an interesting element to the game that other games don't offer. KZ2 offers the tactical element by having 8 distinct classes and abilities, MW2 is tilted towards the ruthless gameplay and achieving of killstreaks.

Aye but in whatever way it inflates KDR, it's still a reflection of the players general skill in relation to other players. I guess I'm just used to these things as this is very similar to Quake X and UT X games where map control basically meant only the good players would ever get the BFG equivalent weapon (Or orbital ION canon in UT) or the Railgun equivalent weapon. Thus leading to calls of stat padding, KDR inflation, etc. etc. etc.

But I see your point. This can be extended to vehicles in BF games, etc... Where it's only a problem if you are new (inexperienced), or not very good and thus don't know how to counter tools and weapons provided in game.

And as far as camping. MW2 goes out of its way to put campers at a disadvantage with the kill cam and radar unlike most other FPS games.

Regards,
SB

I can't believe I once got a 7 kill streak when I first started playing at rank 4 or something.
I'm level 18 now and never have gotten more than 5 in a row.

Also while I find the FAMAS is excellent for the time being, I think I want to go full stealth once I unlock Cold Blooded (I hate snipers using thermal scopes and I can't camp while visible on UAV).

However that'll mean I can't use stopping power anymore, so the FAMAS will take two bursts to kill.
Anyone know what's the best SMG/AR when not using Stopping power and using a silencer?
I like the SCAR as well, how many shots does it take to kill without stopping power and while silenced?

I can't believe I once got a 7 kill streak when I first started playing at rank 4 or something.

Also while I find the FAMAS is excellent for the time being, I think I want to go full stealth once I unlock Cold Blooded (I hate snipers using thermal scopes and I can't camp while visible on UAV).
However that'll mean I can't use stopping power anymore, so the FAMAS will take two bursts to kill.
Anyone know what's the best SMG/AR when not using Stopping power and using a silencer?
I like the SCAR as well, how many shots does it take to kill without stopping power and while silenced?
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_2_Weapons
If you want to compare weapons.

I'm personally more partial to the M-16 because of the lower reload time and nicer iron sights. It has a lower range but they're identical in everything else.

imo Thermal is pretty worthless on a lot of maps. Especially if you consider the guys using it will also be going cold blooded. In which case you use the kill cam anyhow. Only place I see value in the thermal is on Hard Core (no kill cam).

I swear by the FAMAS + Stopping Power, esp with quick sites.

As for the circular discussion, ok, players get + on KDR for getting streaks and get - for getting killed by other peoples. The net end? Better players will have a higher KDR, bad players a lower KDR.

As it is, if MW2 took out kill streaks, claymores, last stand, cold blooded, akimbo shot guns, commando, nades, and other "cheap" kills my KDR would be through the roof. I don't know how many predators and last stands kill me!

Depends what you're going to do.

My standard class is silenced ACR with cold blooded and ninja. I started using that when I realized a lot of people don't care about harriers/pave lows, so why should I. The ACR has the advantage of being very easy to use. I've been able to stop knifers in some maps with very few shots in the head.

For CTF I use an UMP, lightweight, marathon and commando. On maps like Favela and Terminal that's a killer combo. You grab the flag and knife your way through to get back to your base.

For S&D I use the silenced ACR with the heartbeat sensor. Some players say it's lame, I don't care if it helps me finish the mission. I also use cold blooded and ninja, of course.

Back