[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Depends what you're going to do.

My standard class is silenced ACR with cold blooded and ninja. I started using that when I realized a lot of people don't care about harriers/pave lows, so why should I. The ACR has the advantage of being very easy to use. I've been able to stop knifers in some maps with very few shots in the head.

For CTF I use an UMP, lightweight, marathon and commando. On maps like Favela and Terminal that's a killer combo. You grab the flag and knife your way through to get back to your base.

For S&D I use the silenced ACR with the heartbeat sensor. Some players say it's lame, I don't care if it helps me finish the mission. I also use cold blooded and ninja, of course.

I play TDM/FFA at the moment, perhaps Ground War later on.
The ACR doesn't do a lot of damage though? Compared to the SCAR, I don't want to have to get multiple headshots to kill knifers, lol.

ACR is brilliant, while it doesn't have to much damage, the near recoil free perfect aiming + high rate of fire in full auto more than makes up for this. The SCAR has 2 big weaknesses, low rate of fire and low magazine capabilities. TAR is better if you manage to learn how to properly use it. Multiple headshots? Headshots are 1 shot 1 kill...?

Tbh it doesn't really matter what you choose. Just select whatever you are comfortable with.The weapon balance is very good, The gun differences are completely insignificant, althought some require more skills (FAL), and some are better suited for different playstyles and maps. It shouldn't matter at all.

As far as SMG's goes.IMO UMP is the best gun in game by far. Damage, range, accuracy is all very high, RPM is at a very nice rate aswell. If you learn to adjust for recoil, there is no point in using any other gun except for sniping perpuses, regardless of map. It's definately the best gun for all hardcore modes, as 1 shot with stopping power will kill, even if you hit the gun in the hand or feet.

The key in CoD is not to select the best gun, gun choice is largely irrelevant. The key in CoD is to learn how to aim, aspecially how to aim while moving,and LEARN TO CONSTANTLY move around. Being stationary in CoD is a sure way of getting killed super fast by anyone who is half decent. Which is why campers generally have really **** K\D ratios on average.

As a side note: I dont understand people complaining about campers. If you cannot handle a camper, then its only a testament to you being absolutely worthless in any FPS game.

Last edited by a moderator:
ACR is brilliant, while it doesn't have to much damage, the near recoil free perfect aiming + high rate of fire in full auto more than makes up for this. The SCAR has 2 big weaknesses, low rate of fire and low magazine capabilities. TAR is better if you manage to learn how to properly use it. Multiple headshots? Headshots are 1 shot 1 kill...?

Tbh it doesn't really matter what you choose. Just select whatever you are comfortable with.The weapon balance is very good, The gun differences are completely insignificant, althought some require more skills (FAL), and some are better suited for different playstyles and maps. It shouldn't matter at all.

As far as SMG's goes.IMO UMP is the best gun in game by far. Damage, range, accuracy is all very high, RPM is at a very nice rate aswell. If you learn to adjust for recoil, there is no point in using any other gun except for sniping perpuses, regardless of map. It's definately the best gun for all hardcore modes, as 1 shot with stopping power will kill, even if you hit the gun in the hand or feet.

The key in CoD is not to select the best gun, gun choice is largely irrelevant. The key in CoD is to learn how to aim, aspecially how to aim while moving,and LEARN TO CONSTANTLY move around. Being stationary in CoD is a sure way of getting killed super fast by anyone who is half decent. Which is why campers generally have really **** K\D ratios on average.

As a side note: I dont understand people complaining about campers. If you cannot handle a camper, then its only a testament to you being absolutely worthless in any FPS game.

I know headshots are a one shot kill, mmendez said:
I've been able to stop knifers in some maps with very few shots in the head.

With the SCAR it kills in 3 bullets with stopping power so a 20 bullet clip isn't too much of a problem unless you spray like crazy.
Though that seems to work too - I rounded a corner in Terminal and walked into three guys walking the other way and just sprayed and got a triple kill.

The UMP is great except for the recoil, it kicks like crazy. Even in CQC I find rifles like the SCAR or FAMAS to be more reliable and its supposed to be a SMG.

With the SCAR it kills in 3 bullets with stopping power so a 20 bullet clip isn't too much of a problem unless you spray like crazy.
The main issue with the 20 round clip is having 60 bullets in total ammo vs 90, as well being required to reload more often, which can often cost you a kill or even cause death.

The UMP is great except for the recoil, it kicks like crazy. Even in CQC I find rifles like the SCAR or FAMAS to be more reliable and its supposed to be a SMG.

The AR are much easier to use, but trust me on this, learn to use the SMG's and you will rape everybody who uses AR except for in certain maps where range of the AR matters.

The SMG's lets you move alot faster, and have higher damage output, and in the case of the ump, the range is quite decent aswell.

So I tried the UMP tonight... pretty sweet weapon for maps with close quarters! 2nd round was 25-5 with no streaks (had them all set at 9-11-25 in hopes of getting a Nuke finally). Also swapped to some flash nades (works well) as well as trying out the Scar (not the range I like, but pretty nice in medium/close range). The amount of guns and customizations in this game is craaaaazy.

I probably need to move to Scavenger.

What is the gun with the long nozzle like barrel. The couple times I picked it up it did well--high rate of fire. Not sure if it is a sub or an AR, probably sub. An accurate, low kick, fast rate of fire gun would be nice. I guess I need to try more guns out!

We should list some of our favorite kits (and what modes/maps used on).

My standby is a Famas + Holo, Slight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim. Have a Pp2000 with red dot for backup. Claymores and Flash/Stun.

For sniping I use the Intervention + FMJ. Slight of hand, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim with Claymores. Nothing fancy but a chest shot is an instant downer.

Somebody needs to look me up, play sometime. I hardly ever get to play, heck I'm only like in the low forties last time I remember. My class setup is usually:
01. Assualt Rifle-P2000-G./Stun-Bling-Stopping Power-Steady Aim
02. SMG 1-G18-G./Flash-Sleight Of Hand-Stopping Power-Steady Aim
03. SMG 2-SAP-G./Stun-Bling-Stopping Power-Steady Aim
04. LMG-Rocket-Sticky/Flash-Marathon-Cold Blooded-Steady Aim
05. Sniper-Want my desert eagle!-Bling-Stopping Power-Steady Aim
Best kill streak I've had on my account was 31, on my friends I got a 33.
Usually run UAV, Harrier, Chopper Gunner. Don't really like the care package, if you call it in, enemies see it, you get to it, get it might get killed, might be ammo you don't need, something you already have 3 of, enemies might get it. Takes for ever to come to you, might get killed why it on its way and you run out to get it and get screwed from behind. I wish they had left the shotgun as a standard weapon, not use it as a side arm, should of kept overkill, you know from cod4, carry to primary weapons, and why is the dragon is story mode yet its not in mp? Just for thought.

I played for about 90 minutes today and had some epic rounds. Round # 1 on the outdoor grassy map with the inside tunnel and graveyard. Went 25-0 and detonated my nuke. Assault Sniping ftw. Used the south end where flag A would be and the stone wall next to the graveyard for cover while sweeping back around the burned out cars on the south (traveling the low gully). They shot down my harrier right away so I had to work to 11. Called in the chopper at 13 (earned 13 the hard way I guess) and got to 19. Sniped six more guys. It was GREAT teamwork. Meatdog covered me while I was in the chopper and as we counted down to 25 Brit, Xarthna, and Meatdog were acting as cushions on my flanks and call guys out. Got 25, called the nuke, and went 31-1. A great example of aggressively pushing and holding the edges, getting a big lead and forcing them to come to us, and working together to kill the Big Knockout.

A couple rounds later I had another epic round on the Estate map with the big mansion. VERY slow round. We had been playing for over half the match time and it was 2400-1200. The other team were total campers. They took down my harrier right away (I am thinking of maybe going for something else as it seems to get shot down too easily). Worked to 11 and called in the chopper gunner. Of course the campers were in the house the entire time and I got 4 kills. At 15-0 and time VERY short I thought there was no way I could get a Nuke. Well, I didn't. I ran out of ammo and had to pick up a gun off a corpse I had just killed. The 1 minute warning sounded and I was piling on the Ks. Sadly I ended with 24-0. :( And I had a couple guys in my sights because they were sooo far behind in points they started to rush.

So I had a couple really fun rounds. Brit and I were playing against a group of friends last night when some guy got on the wrong team of his friends. He was lamenting how awesome his one friend was at sniping and how he was the best sniper he ever saw play. I think he knows a better sniper now :p He cried and moaned the first minute because he was against his friends but when he noticed we were waaaay ahead and saw my score he changed his tune. His friend Sugar Plumb wouldn't say anything to me in post match lobby. I think he was a little mad that I would flank him and as he would be slowly turning with his sniper when he saw me I would shoot him. I am sure in the death cam it was torture watching how I was just looking at him for 10 seconds a couple times without shooting ;)

Intervention + FMJ + Stopping power is pretty awesome unless you hit lag and then, well, I cannot use it as too many shots don't register. The Barrett seems a little "loose" although it shoots faster and while thermal could be nice on some maps I find the guys hiding the grass use cold blooded anyhow.

I guess this makes up for last weekend where we had this dude who would wait on his perks until the end of rounds and we would be destroying them in Domination (crazy scores like 7000-2500) and all of the sudden chopper+Nuke would wipe us out even though we were ahead. Only major hack I have seen lately besides superrunners is we had a guy get not 1, not 2, but 3 Nukes in air drops. The only consolation was he was on our team. We all promptly left that lobby.

Since when are kills gained by aerial-support added to the killstreak count?
I'm fairly certain you will not get a nuke (or any other reward) if you have 15 kills and 10 aerial-support kills by using harrier and/or chopper-gunner. That actually makes your achievement of gaining a nuke even more impressive btw.

In other words and as an example: only 9 kills by weapon, knife or gun-turret will result in the killstreak reward of a pave-low. I'm sure the same holds true for nukes and other rewards as well.

I'm fairly certain you will not get a nuke (or any other reward) if you have 15 kills and 10 aerial-support kills by using harrier and/or chopper-gunner. That actually makes your achievement of gaining a nuke even more impressive btw.

In other words and as an example: only 9 kills by weapon, knife or gun-turret will result in the killstreak reward of a pave-low. I'm sure the same holds true for nukes and other rewards as well.

I haven't played MW2 long time now but aerial support kills used to add to killstreak count if it was not from a supply crate. Don't know how it's now.

Only kills gained from AIRDROPS will not count towards your killstreak.

If you get harrier at 7 kills, launch it, harrier kills 4, you get chopper\bomber. Kill enough with bomber, you get nuke.

If one is lucky (Or play against a team that dont take em out - (noobs or incortinated teams) ) one can get nukes pretty quickly. Some modes also are also easier than other, due to spawn control.
In ctm,sabotage,demolition,domination, headquarters, you know where enemies spawn at all times and you can position yourself accordingly. (often at the cost of objectives)

Earned perks count, air drops don't count. So my Nuke isn't so impressive. But it was TDM so that made it harder. I don't play the other modes (**** is a wuss and hates team modes--pure TDM killing machine that *** :p ) but we have played a couple lately and my score goes through the roof on Groundwar--there are more targets errrr players and on Domination a Harrier strike is guaranteed a couple kills. I have had a couple 20+ on Domination Groundwar in the last 2 weeks and was almost certain my first nuke would come that way.

Instead it came with BRiT, Meatdog, and Xarthna covering my flanks and letting me chew the enemies up sniping of all things. I guess I should snipe more.

Damnit thanks for the headsup. In that case, my killstreak setup doesn't really make sense then. If I get a harrier by an air-package, will those kills count towards my killstreak?

I'm beginning to think UAV -> harrier-strike -> pave-low makes more sense (I've got air-drop -> predator missile -> pave-low at the moment).

Damnit thanks for the headsup. In that case, my killstreak setup doesn't really make sense then. If I get a harrier by an air-package, will those kills count towards my killstreak?

I'm beginning to think UAV -> harrier-strike -> pave-low makes more sense (I've got air-drop -> predator missile -> pave-low at the moment).

Harrier by air-package will not count towards killstreak. Have to get it yourself!

Harrier -> Pave -> Nuke makes more sense
or
Pave -> Chopper Gunner -> Nuke

and it was fun dyin for your first nuke Josh ;) (but I think I've still got you beat in sniper accuracy)

Yeah you maybe right, but I'm not really interested in the Nuke, if only for just a one-time experience. I'd rather keep the game alive and going... :smile:

I actually think I'll just ditch the UAV and directly go to harrier -> pave-low -> chopper gunner which is probably the sweet spot for me.

Tbh, UAV gives me more kills than both harrier and pavelow on average.

In team based matches, predator is great aswell, as if your lucky you can take the whole team out.

Tbh, UAV gives me more kills than both harrier and pavelow on average.

In team based matches, predator is great aswell, as if your lucky you can take the whole team out.

Yeah. My greatest achievement so far was in a FFA, Rust with 12 players and at some point, I got a precision-airstrike and managed to kill the entire team within a few seconds (that's 11 kills within a few seconds). And the greatest thing about it, was getting the airstrike reward from my airdrop without getting killed - hiding behind a corner and not shooting anyone was the trick! :LOL:

But you're right: predator missile is very powerful at the beginning of mission based games as the entire team is close to one side of the map...

Back