[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hmmm now that I have gotten a Nuke I wonder if I should go with Harrier-Gunner-AC130 or a Pavelow or something. I am getting more and more 20+ rounds so maybe nukes won't be uncommon, but getting the big perks 3 or 4 times a match is probably better than a Nuke once a week. Although it really burns the other team when you nuke them. If I played more TEAM games and more large scale battles (Groundwar) I would probably keep the Nuke active.

Hmmm now that I have gotten a Nuke I wonder if I should go with Harrier-Gunner-AC130 or a Pavelow or something. I am getting more and more 20+ rounds so maybe nukes won't be uncommon, but getting the big perks 3 or 4 times a match is probably better than a Nuke once a week. Although it really burns the other team when you nuke them.
Nukes are nice in the beginning just because its a big slap in the face.

After a short while however, novelty wears off.

For stats and xp in any gamemode, it totally depends on what kind of enemies your playing. decent teams and parties will have coldblooded + anti AA class and your chopper or ac130 might not be that useful. Nukes atleast guarantees a lot of kills. Maps and enemy skill decides if chopper\ac130 is good.
You cannot do Harrier-Gunner-AC130 thought.

Also: 4x emergency airdrop is also a very nice killstreak bonus, if you feeling lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've changed my kill streak rewards now and am surprised that it indeed does work. To test it out, I started with a conservative 6 kills air-precision, 7 kills harrier air-strike, 9 kills pave-low setup. And I've practically had a pave-low everytime I got to 6 kills in a row. Wow!

When you have a harrier and a pave-low cruising around, the K/D really sky rockets! Can't believe I didn't think of this before. Think I'll swap out the air-precision with the AC130 at 11 kills. As 7 kills is quite doable too with the ACR (enough ammo in the primary weapon).

And there are people who seriously think this doesn't inflate K/D ratios? I'm astonished how great this works! :cool:

Will have to get myself a nuke just for experience... :devilish:

Just recently.

Had a nice playsession yesterday. S&D, played 4 rounds. 14-4,18-2,16-3,12-2

Average Xp per round: 10 000!
Average matchbonus: 10 000!

80k xp in 4 rounds is pretty sweet. I love defense rushing in S&D, if you time things right you can raise extreme havoc. Shame i dont have friends to play with, tactical team rushing is really the king.

Im still quite the noob in S&D, but the more i play it the more i like it, lots of fun tactical stuff you can do. Saw a clan last night that in defense, just had entire team with riot shields and blast shields, they split in two, and had 4 on each bomb site.

The beaty of their tactic was that they utilized praetorian shield tactics, creating walls with their riot shields, and one guy would stand in the middle with a gun, etc. Quite hard to handle.

We played some other shooters today. After a lot of MW2, it is really hard to go back to a 30Hz game. MW is smooth, movements are clean and snappy, and animations are also fairly high. It is really hard going back to the other games :(

LOL! I hate riot shield dudes. I always see them after they're too close and they end up working me.

@Josh
I think MW2 still looks amazing. I really think IW knocked it out of the park with this one, striking a near perfect balance between visuals and performance. I've never been particularly framerate sensitive, but it is very noticeable switching between MW2 and BC2.

Map pack is out for PS3!

I have been converted to a (semi) run'n'gun sniper, still kinda bad but im starting to get a hang of the intervention. Still not a master in CQC with the intervention, but im getting there. At normal\long ranges i run the show. Took a while but starting to do crazy rounds with the sniper. Today my worst round was 3.0 k\d, averaged 7.0 k\d and never was below top 3. At max sens + fmj + stopping power the intervention is quite an amazing weapon :) Its like AWP whoring in CS :)

Also, found new love with the glock. Akimbo glock is maybe the best akimbo wep i know of so far. Damage output is tremendous due to high rpm, and recoil is very small.

LOL! I hate riot shield dudes. I always see them after they're too close and they end up working me.

You can either stick a semtex to their shield (lots of fun seeing them running) or shoot at the feet. A lot of people using the shield forget that their feet are vulnerable. Knifing works as well but you need to be very precise with timing. Last week I knifed a guy, grabbed his riot shield and killed him with it when he came back for revenge. Pretty funny.

Also, found new love with the glock. Akimbo glock is maybe the best akimbo wep i know of so far. Damage output is tremendous due to high rpm, and recoil is very small.

The Akimbo glock is awesome, definitely a winner in CQC. The other weapon I really enjoy in maps like Skid Row is the AA-12, absolutely deadly in short distances and a must for Headquarter Pro games.

Will get the map pack although I suspect having not played COD4 I will have my rear kicked in the old maps, but Bailout looks like lots of fun.

. The other weapon I really enjoy in maps like Skid Row is the AA-12, absolutely deadly in short distances and a must for Headquarter Pro games.

the AA-12 (aspecially with extended mags) is very good but i dont like it to much, it makes CQC to easy!

It also has quite big range issues, (a lot of the shotguns do), this is slightly mitigated by the full-auto. For shotguns i prefer the 1887 akimbo (just looks awesome, good range, good damage, quick reload), or akimbo rangers (althought the rangers aren't particularly great as reload can be a pain in the ass with that gun).

Ok, if I alternate between using the FAL, UMP, SCAR and TAR what secondary should I use? Machine pistols or shotguns? I don't mind shotguns but they can't really be silenced (all my classes are stealth focused) what's the best shotgun anyway? Ranger Akimbo? the SPAS12?

With machine pistols does adding a silencer reduce damage or just range? I've been using the G18 and the PP2000 and prefer the PP2000 as it is more controllable but the ammo clip is too short. Maybe use extended mags + silencer?

Also, does anyone find the iron sights on the FAL near unusable for sniping?

Costs way too much for what they deliver, only 3 new maps with 2 remakes. I didn't really think much of them the first time through either.

Also, in that video at the 3:55 mark, he's basically describing that he loves how buggy the game engine or map is -- it's so glitchy that your gun can stick through geometry while others can't see you at all.

Epic has the right idea on costs. They offer 19 maps AND a single player chapter for $10.

I'd have actually bought the map packs on PC had they not been so highly priced. :|
There's something about COD which interests me eventhough I hate the game with a passion. (I love COD4 Pro mod btw :love: )

Ok, if I alternate between using the FAL, UMP, SCAR and TAR what secondary should I use? Machine pistols or shotguns? I don't mind shotguns but they can't really be silenced (all my classes are stealth focused) what's the best shotgun anyway? Ranger Akimbo? the SPAS12??

Best shotguns are 1887 akimbo and the m1014. akimbo rangers are good but suffer from depressing range.

With machine pistols does adding a silencer reduce damage or just range? I've been using the G18 and the PP2000 and prefer the PP2000 as it is more controllable but the ammo clip is too short. Maybe use extended mags + silencer?

Range reduces damage over distance, so its essentially the same thing as reducing damage. Anyways, with these weapons damage doesn't matter, what matters is rate of fire and controlable recoil. Aim in general direction of the other guys head, and let recoil take care of the rest.

Doesn't really matter what you use as secondary. For the last months ive only used the hand pistols as secondary. Works just as good once you learn how to use it propely.

Also, does anyone find the iron sights on the FAL near unusable for sniping?
FAL ironsights is great for sniping. FAL in general is imo the best rifle for sniping, followed by M16 and FAL.

Nothing beats the intervention thought.

Best shotguns are 1887 akimbo and the m1014. akimbo rangers are good but suffer from depressing range.

Range reduces damage over distance, so its essentially the same thing as reducing damage. Anyways, with these weapons damage doesn't matter, what matters is rate of fire and controlable recoil. Aim in general direction of the other guys head, and let recoil take care of the rest.

Doesn't really matter what you use as secondary. For the last months ive only used the hand pistols as secondary. Works just as good once you learn how to use it propely.

FAL ironsights is great for sniping. FAL in general is imo the best rifle for sniping, followed by M16 and FAL.

Nothing beats the intervention thought.

Thanks, I picked up someone's silenced M104 yesterday and got like 6-7 kills with it in the house on Estate. Can't wait til I unlock the M104.

The FAL is the best rifle for sniping, but the thick circle on the iron sights make it really hard to track distant enemies, I basically have to find them by aiming my sights elsewhere and then bring the crosshairs over them, which takes time.

Back