Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

The scene with the herd of dinorobot reminds me the scene in Jurassic Park where we see for the first time a herd of dinosaure.

Some part of the trailer reminds me the GDC demo the boy and a kite.

I'm having a hard time grasping this was running on a PS4 after examining the 1080p trailer, the amount of high res textures, the amount of geometry, the dinobots and complexity of the rendering is just too much especially for an open world game. This is way more than what a 1.84tf machine can muster :runaway:. Can't wait for some answers from the E3 gameplay.

That engine looks fabulous. Great details, long distance viewng, dynamic weather. Thanks to Sony WWS. I wonder if any of the upcoming games use some techs from The order 1886, especially clothing, soft body. I remember reading somewhere U4 used something from The order with the clothes I think. Also Alloy kinda reminds me of Nariko from HS because of her Hair. Guerilla have such talent putting an amazing universe with interesting background. ( Killzone ). Just a little pitty some of the characters from their games aren't memorable or Iconic...I don't remember Any of the protagonist from Killzone excepted Sev, and Rico.
Alloy looks like their new mascot. Can't wait to see more.
On the gameplay I do hope there are some clsoe quartier combat like seen in the trailer. Would be insane to be able to have a flying pterodactyl. I' m glad they didn't put any multiplayer in that game looks huge.

I'm having a hard time grasping this was running on a PS4 after examining the 1080p trailer, the amount of high res textures, the amount of geometry, the dinobots and complexity of the rendering is just too much especially for an open world game. This is way more than what a 1.84tf machine can muster :runaway:. Can't wait for some answers from the E3 gameplay.
It's because it's running on Neo :runaway:

Wait. Her name is Alloy? In a world where animals are robots, the protagonist has a metal name. Intriguing.

6a76d7937c412f6cf25b40cdce43beaa.jpg

A verified insider on GAF said it is on PS4 not NEO. I don't think they will show something on a console not launching in 2016.

I think it looks very similar to Shadow Fall actually. I also think what's mostly holding back open world games from looking like your Uncharteds isn't a lack of horse power. It's the fact that you simply cannot curate and polish every last nook and cranny until it looks like utter perfection. GTAV on last gen definitely made an impressive case for how far an army of worker bees and a bottomless cash purse can push the visual quality of an open world game, though. Besides, who knows how big and interactive Horizon's open world will actually be.

I think it looks very similar to Shadow Fall actually. I also think what's mostly holding back open world games from looking like your Uncharteds isn't a lack of horse power. It's the fact that you simply cannot curate and polish every last nook and cranny until it looks like utter perfection. GTAV on last gen definitely made an impressive case for how far an army of worker bees and a bottomless cash purse can push the visual quality of an open world game, though. Besides, who knows how big and interactive Horizon's open world will actually be.
It shares some strong similarity with KZ in the lighting department that's for sure and maybe some city structures but that's it. The rest is an enormous step up visually such as the volumetric cloud, far denser foliage, geometry count, the almost movie grade animations of dinobots, scene complexity and dynamic TOD, weather, open world nature of it are simply way beyond KZSF. After all it's been a few years since GG's first PS4 project, I'm sure the techs have matured much more, what I'm saying is if GG does a new KZ now it would surely look better due to its linearity, but there are certainly ways for a newer open world game to look significantly better than a much older linear game. The trailer actually has a lot of scenes that look better than UC4 if we're talking about sheer scope, scale, amount of highly detailed animated objects, animation (yes, animation), lighting and real time weather.

In GDC presentation about KZ SF they said they were working on a full resolution compute DOF for example... It was quater res on KZ SF.

Another problem is the trial against Guerrilla and Sony for the MP of KZ SF. I don't think they want to revive this and do the presentation of a game on an unannounced console.

Last edited:
dunno why there are any doubts, ppl not remember the amazing looking games they put out on PS3? Why even compare it to KZSF, it was a launch title. From the trailer, everything looks believable for a 4th gen PS4 game, you can even see the pop in too. Look comparable to U4 with slightly worse models, but massive open world. Look at the jump between all uncharted games and killzone games on PS3.

I think (and I really bloody hope) you're overestimating the importance of that laughing stock of a "trial".

Why the title of the youtube video is Horizon Zero Dawn Aloy Journey a PS4 exclusive.

If someone can do a trial for a resolution problem in KZ SF MP I don't think it is impossible if Sony is lying about a game...

It is not a PS4 Neo exclusive in the title.

You can try and go to court over just about anything I suppose. I just think these pearl-clutching whiners shouldn't be given as much as an inch.

Combined with photo mode... I can see the screenshots in 3D!

Even better if the photo mode have free camera like the order.

A real 3D video of this awesome metal dinosaurs!

Or even better, if it have 'looking around mode' for Psvr. With more canned walks. Put them on rails or something.

Jurassic Park :D

With confirmation of Neo but not at E3, I am sure the story trailer of Horizon is on PS4.
Not necessarily, since you can't know, if there is a E3 demo however, that will likely run on PS4. (But even then they might get away with a PS4Neo, although I'd think it's unlikely.)

Back