Official GT5 discussion thread

RUMOR: Lamborghini Aventador, “Route X” Circuit, & More in Reported GT5 2.03 Details
http://www.gtplanet.net/lamborghini-aventador-route-x-circuit-more-in-leaked-gt5-2-03-details/

According to “Space Empire”, GT5′s 2.03 update will be launched on January 18th, and will include a few of the following new changes and features:

* New themes for My Home in GT Mode.
* An option for tire wearing in Pit Strategy (B-spec).
* Simulates regenerative braking on electric cars.
* Chaparral 2J Race Car ’70: Fan down force option.
* Fixed unintended pit stop error in the final lap of a B-spec race.
* 12 new colors and 12 new wall papers for My Home theme.
* Electric cars run slowly without applying acceleration.
* Regenerative braking affects the cruising distance.

New downloadable content packs will, reportedly, also become available. The “Speed Test Pack” will include the new “Special Stage Route X Oval” revealed in the recent Honda NSX Concept video, and Car Pack 3 will include the following new vehicles:

* Nissan Leaf G 2011
* Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
* Volkswagen Volkswagen 1200 1966
* Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988
* Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 2011
* Mini Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60) 2011

Oh I'd say theyre more than just rumours! I'd like another track of course. Looks like Route X could be 24hr! Anyway, let's wait and see....

I cant freaking wait. That B spec seasonal event has been helping me rack up my B spec level to nearly 40 now....a handful of races will do it...not to mention I have been buying up all the cars I want...20 million is a hard limit in the game which kind of sucks I think. But I still have to buy the Jag XJR6 (i think that is what its called) and the Miura and then I will be done. Already got the Citroen GTs and the Ferrari F1 cars (yes boh of them). Miura and Jag are the only two 20 million dollar cars left for me to get I think. Also I got the air of experience trophy...anyone know what that is about?

Cant wait to go home and update and Aventador it up. I have 20 million sitting and also I have bought all the cars I can and like so far. muwahahaha did anyone beat the B spec seasonal? That was a credit minting machine. Now it's time for me to move over to A spec.

I've got the 2nd one to do at Le Mans. I left my dude to his own devices on the first run.............it didn't end well!

I've got the 2nd one to do at Le Mans. I left my dude to his own devices on the first run.............it didn't end well!

But it´s a fun one.. did several races before i started to get "it", lost one with 5 seconds.. and won one with 3 seconds :)

I chose not to read the "solution" on GT-Planet and played around with it myself, used the Mazda 787B with a agressive driver from start, changed tires somewhat early (end of lap 2), did the night and wet part with a "cold" driver. Changed tires and a driver bit earlier than the rest of the field again for the last stint.. problem was that my tires were really dead on the last lap, but i had build up enough of a lead to limp it back into goal.

if your still stuck on the le-Mans track Antan, try starting on racing hard tires and then moving (and staying on) to wets or intermediate tires until the race ends and keep an eye on the rear tires as the bobs don't handle worn rear tires well.

Yeah I beat the race somehow...with the Audi R8 Group C car. It was a tough race. Been trying to win with the Pescarola cars which seem to be staggeringly quicker than the Audi but I think they can't put their power down well coming out of the corners. Also the Toyota GT One I should give that a try. That car gets to some insane top speeds down the Mulsanne Straight much like the Sauber...but that Sauber eats tires for breakfast. WAY too much power.

I got my wheel back !

DLC Pack #3 Route X course + Aventador

Sorry but that looks really boring. Also that vacuum cleaner sound is just such a major turn off from the Aventador. I bought both the DLCs but I have yet to try them. Been too busy grinding the B spec events to make money and buy cars and break cars in. When the hell will PD move from recording vacuum cleaners to actual cars?! If EA can get it right with their NFS series in terms of sound why the hell cannot PD?!?!?

Huh, so it's real. Wouldn't have thought it, but I guess I haven't noticed it because it happens only with more than 12 players, and I probably haven't been in that many races with that kind of numbers.

This isn't exactly what we discussed in other thread, this is new bug after update 2.02 (at least I believe that is), but different physics online vs. offline are there from beginning.

If you look at this link to GTPlanet discussion, when original poster described the new bug, he explicitly stated:

"This is not an online vs. offline physics discussion.
Yes, they are different. No, offline lap times do not match online lap times. We know.
This thread is about the discussion of this specific bug."

As you can see, difference in physics online vs. offline is accepted as fact on GTPlanet. You can check this post in the same thread, where is more on this matter and link to discussion about online vs. offline physics.

so, i did not know that gt5 used ssao (or like effect), you can see the artifacts on SSRX on the back straight! Also do we have a b3d car club/track day?

Back