X360 - 2008 Lineup

I really liked the concept of Kameo. I think they dropped the ball in not having more game-specific scenarios that required the various elements. Both requiring them to proceed as well as requiring "combos" using the various elements in interaction.

I would love to see if they could come up with a sequal that corrected these issues and build on the foundation. I think Kameo is onto something great and could be a great twist and evolution on the traditional platform games with a nice, deep learning curve.

Kameo 2 in 2008? I mean, Rare has what? 3-5 teams?

I really liked the concept of Kameo. I think they dropped the ball in not having more game-specific scenarios that required the various elements. Both requiring them to proceed as well as requiring "combos" using the various elements in interaction.

I would love to see if they could come up with a sequal that corrected these issues and build on the foundation. I think Kameo is onto something great and could be a great twist and evolution on the traditional platform games with a nice, deep learning curve.

Kameo 2 in 2008? I mean, Rare has what? 3-5 teams?

I didn't tried this game but I'm sure to buy it when I'll jump in ;)

As for Rare teams I wonder more about "what the fuck are they doing?" than the effective number... lol

(I'm kidding but Iagree with you)

I don't know why you guys think that this years line up is not as good as 2007's. For me it looks just as good if not better. Granted all the games on the list are actually released in 2008.

You know its funny you should mention this but i've noticed some marketing done by sony to promote a number of third party multiplatform games in the last few months. Some titles you mentioned and how they're doing it makes them seem like exclusives to the clueless. Im wondering how much of an impact its having. Its really quite simple, show game (COD4), show PS3 logo. Not sure why Microsoft is letting them get away with that.

All the console makers do this. It's been common practice for like a decade now. Sony isn't getting away with anything that MS doesn't "get away with" just as routinely. And usually you end up seeing versions of the same ad for the same game for each platform.

All the console makers do this. It's been common practice for like a decade now. Sony isn't getting away with anything that MS doesn't "get away with" just as routinely. And usually you end up seeing versions of the same ad for the same game for each platform.
yeah... MS does it too. i've seen many 360 AC commercials here in Canada.

I'm not expecting SF4 in 08....

OP list is al little too meat n patatos for me. Snooz.

But Bauman's extended list brings the goods!

Dave, really, another "Dynasty...", really? :p

Umm, DUH! Of course, I love 'em.

Only missed out Gundam because I thought it was a little too slow. DW6 is also the first, really, next gen effort as the previous titles spanned the older gen consoles.

Are not Haze and LA Noire PS3 exclusives? Or are they timed or fall into that "we have not announced, etc etc" category?

Well here's a question for you who may know a little more about the gaming due in 2008. Since the release of Dead Rising, 360 gamers have been on the so-called "Flavour of the Month" wagon, jumping from largely collectively from one title a month or so to the next. 2007's looked something like (just from memory, please don't nitpick :cry:):
  • January - Lost Planet
  • February - ??
  • March - GH2
  • April - (SOTN?)
  • May - Crackdown
  • June - Forza 2
  • July - The Darkness
  • August - Bioshock
  • September - Halo 3
  • October - Orange Box
  • November - COD4/AC
  • December - ME
I'm interested to see what 2008's predicted list is, if anyone's up for it. I imagine it'll include NG2, DMC4 and GTAIV of course. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Well here's a question for you who may know a little more about the gaming due in 2008. Since the release of Dead Rising, 360 gamers have been on the so-called "Flavour of the Month" wagon, jumping from largely collectively from one title a month or so to the next. 2007's looked something like (just from memory, please don't nitpick :cry:):
  • January - Lost Planet
  • February - ??
  • March - GH2
  • April - (SOTN?)
  • May - Crackdown
  • June - Forza 2
  • July - The Darkness
  • August - Bioshock
  • September - Halo 3
  • October - Orange Box
  • November - COD4/AC
  • December - ME

Just a few corrections/additions:
  • February - Crackdown.
  • March - GRAW2
  • April - Guitar Hero II
  • May - Forza 2 (29th)
  • June - The Darkness, DiRT
  • July - Sports --> NCAA, All-Pro football games, Bigs (baseball), Nascar
  • August - +Madden
  • October - +GH3 (28th)
  • November - +Mass Effect (20th)
  • December - zip (unless you count Lost Odyssey in Japan, but that's coming Feb 2008 elsewhere)
IIRC, Lost Planet was December 2006.

I'm interested to see what 2008's predicted list is, if anyone's up for it. I imagine it'll include NG2, DMC4 and GTAIV of course. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
From the Upcoming Games list:
  • Kingdom Under Fire™: Circle of Doom
  • NFL Tour
  • Burnout™ Paradise
  • The Club ™
  • Culdcept SAGA
  • Turok™
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Frontlines™: Fuel of War™
  • Dark Sector™
  • Turning Point: The Fall of Liberty™
  • Universe at War: Earth Assault™
  • Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway™
  • Alan Wake™
  • Halo Wars™
  • Infinite Undiscovery™
  • Ninja Gaiden® 2
  • Too Human™
  • FIFA Street 3
  • Fallout® 3
  • Tron
  • ARMY OF TWO™
  • Boogie Bunnies
  • Fracture™
  • Grand Theft Auto IV

Viking: Battle for Asgard is one that I wasn’t familiar with before, and having read a preview of it in the same issue of the magazine its certainly one I’m interested in now.

My friends at SEGA assure me it's good after I moaned at them for shoddy releases and buggy games like Medieval II.

Back