X360 - 2008 Lineup

Most of those on the list that I'm interested in are action/adventure types.. which means I'll probably get them for PS3, which (IMO) has the better controller for them. These days, my 360 plays mostly FPSs and whatever exclusive titles catch my attention (Alan Wake being one, if they ever decide to release it).

I'm guessing you meant Dead Rising?
Yes
To be honest I wouldn't expect either of those to be platform exclusive - being from Capcom and all. You never know though.
I wouldn't expect lost planet to be an exclusive, but I could see dead rising II as a time exclusive for the 360 as the first episode is still not announced for the ps3.

aren't RE5, SCIV and Silent Hill 5 coming out in 2009? and do Halo Wars or Banjo Kazooie 3 even have a release date?

Last edited by a moderator:
aren't RE5, SCIV and Silent Hill 5 coming out in 2009? and do Halo Wars or Banjo Kazooie 3 even have a release date?

Perhaps they'll all beat GTA to market. ;)

I'm not sure how a 'release date' is confirmation anymore. Anything more than a couple months away seems to be just a soft target.

I'm guessing you meant Dead Rising?

Speaking of "Dead", I forgot about Dead Island. The concept certainly got me interested :devilish:

On another note, I guess its too early to say which titles will make it to 2008. This year alone proved that even the most high profiled titles can get delayed at the last second so next year should certainly be interesting.

I happen to have “360” magazine in front of me which has a fairly large release list for 2008. It’s a UK mag so some of the releases may have already happened stateside and some are specific to the euro market (i.e. the glut of football games). The “announced” list can probably be taken just for reference as its likely only some of these will end up in 2008 (even a number of the “2008” list will likely end up in 2009):

January
Frontlines: Fuel of war
Turok
Burnout Paradise
Dark Sector
Lost

February
Battlefield Bad Company
Too Human
Devil May Cry 4
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
Army of Two
Lost Odyssey
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

March
Splinter Cell Conviction
Alan Wake
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Midnight Club: LA
Mirrors Edge
UT3
Universe at War
The Club
Alone in the Dark
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
FIFA Series 3
Viking: Battle for Asgard

April
GTA4

May
Fable 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

June
Halo Wars
The Wheelman
Wet

“2008”
Age of Conan
Banjo is Back
Brutal Legend
Borderlines
Championship Manager 2008
Conflict: Denied Ops
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Darksider
Destroy all Humans: Path of the Furon
Euro 2008
Fallout 3
FIFA 09
Football Manager 2008
Ghostbusters
[Now being semi officially referred to as “the third movie” by Dan Aykroyd]
Hail to the Chimp
Haze
Heroes
Hei$t
Indiana Jones
Just Cause 2
Legendary : The Box
Lego Batman
LA Noire
MX vs ATV Untamed
Prince of Persia: Ghost of the Past
Prototype
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Resident Evil 5
Silent Hill V
Soul Calibur IV
The Bourne Conspiracy
The Chronicles of Narnia: Price Caspian
The Outsider
TNA Impact!
Warhound
World in Conflict
WSC Real: Season 2008 Interactive

“Announced Only”
Castle Wolfenstein
Dead of Alive: Chronos
Dead Rising 2
Diabolique: License to Sin
Dungeon Hero
Gears of War 2
Huxley
Infinite Discovery
Killing Day
Ninja Gaiden 2
Postal III
Project Delta
Rage
Rogue Warrior
The Last Remnant
The Shadow of Aten
Tom Clancy’s Endwar
Star Wars Battlefront 3
Total Overdose 2
Voodoo Nights

Viking: Battle for Asgard is one that I wasn’t familiar with before, and having read a preview of it in the same issue of the magazine its certainly one I’m interested in now.

[Edit] Dynasty Warriors 6 is missing from that list actually. Thats early 2008 and another that will be on my purchase pile.

Exclusives are overrated. COD4, Guitar Hero and AC did far more for PS3 sales and Sony's bottom line this Christmas than Uncharted, R&C and Lair; same for Microsoft and COD4/GH/AC vs. Bioshock/Mass Effect (but not Halo). Of course, "Only on Xbox" is a good sticker to have, but "Also on the $100 cheaper console" is a good consolation for the lack of it.

Don't forget Dark Knight based on the movie. Pandemic is working on it supposedly. Should be out in July to coincide with the movie. Personally I can't wait. :D

Tommy McClain

Don't forget Dark Knight based on the movie. Pandemic is working on it supposedly. Should be out in July to coincide with the movie. Personally I can't wait. :D

Speaking of Pandemic, there is also Saboteur coming in 2008. And they may still yet release Mercenaries 2: World in Flames as well, but you never know either.

Tommy McClain

Exclusives are overrated. COD4, Guitar Hero and AC did far more for PS3 sales and Sony's bottom line this Christmas than Uncharted, R&C and Lair; same for Microsoft and COD4/GH/AC vs. Bioshock/Mass Effect (but not Halo). Of course, "Only on Xbox" is a good sticker to have, but "Also on the $100 cheaper console" is a good consolation for the lack of it.

You know its funny you should mention this but i've noticed some marketing done by sony to promote a number of third party multiplatform games in the last few months. Some titles you mentioned and how they're doing it makes them seem like exclusives to the clueless. Im wondering how much of an impact its having. Its really quite simple, show game (COD4), show PS3 logo. Not sure why Microsoft is letting them get away with that.

You know its funny you should mention this but i've noticed some marketing done by sony to promote a number of third party multiplatform games in the last few months. Some titles you mentioned and how they're doing it makes them seem like exclusives to the clueless. Im wondering how much of an impact its having. Its really quite simple, show game (COD4), show PS3 logo. Not sure why Microsoft is letting them get away with that.

Same thing happened with Madden but it was the other way around. At least in my market.

They are both doing it, but i guess most people do not care based on the 360 sale numbers for Assassin's Creed which was mostly marketed with the ps3 logo at least in NA

Back