The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no don't get me wrong! Halo 3 is gonna be awesome. That's why I'm concerned.
I don't want anything to detract from this amazing game.
When you directly ask someone an easy question and they ignore you it makes you think something is odd.
It's not like it's a story leak question. He was actively discussing the game at the time I asked. He's even given more info that wasn't known already in that very thread.

Petar, one of our engineers, found a saved film from one of our testers playing on Sandtrap. He basically placed a RIDICULOUS number of exploding fusion cores on and inside the Elephant vehicle. They had their respawn times set to as close to “instantâ€￾ as Forge allows, so that every time one exploded, it respawned. Now, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out what kind of chain reaction this would cause once a single core was detonated.

What we didn’t expect was the effect it had on the Elephant physics. Now the huge metal beastie is indestructible, but it has weight and mass in the game universe, so explode it enough and you can move it. Explode it with a never-ending cascade of fusion cores and you have the most dangerous Halo item ever. A vehicle big enough to park a Scorpion a Hog and two Mongooses inside, flipping around at incredible speeds and tumbling all over the map, releasing exploding cores and the occasional vehicle like some kind of satanic piñata.

And all the while, players have the ability to play a normal game variant in this environment. It’s sheer insanity, and just a taste of what players and player-designers will be able to achieve with Forge.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12685

That's just awesome.

Jumped the gun a little there didn't ya.
laugh.gif

The first screenshots I saw from Halo 3 seemed to me underwhelming… It really looked like it was H2 on steroids. But the latest video from e3 really changed my mind. Their art direction is so clean cut, their lighting so balanced (though I’d prefer more contrast, closer to Uncharted) and the game is just… beautiful.
Only thing I hope for is that the gameplay is closer to Halo than to H2.

Could you elaborate on that? Body targeting? :???: The only thing I see is the reticle going red on the body. Do you mean location based removal of the armour?

???

The rocket launcher is in the post-firing animation. I doubt there's any more to it than that. It's a scene from the E3 trailer, so you can check for yourself.

yea you're probably right... just a site looking for hit probably... it is the standard Rocket target.

Today, Microsoft Corp. announced that preorders in North America for the exclusive Xbox 360 title have exceeded the 1 million milestone. In addition, Microsoft unveiled the first exciting details of upcoming promotions from leading consumer brands, including Mountain Dew, 7-Eleven, Pontiac, Comcast and Burger King Corp.

Retailers have also noted that the presales for “Halo 3â€￾ are the fastest in video game history.

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=295#more-295

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back