What happened to Ratchet & Clank PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new EGM with R&C is hitting some subscribers today..

ratchetandclankegmcover.jpg

I've seen the new Ratchet and Clank EGM scans..while I think they're a bit bullshots (not a hint of aliasing) and the draw distance seems a bit low in spots (building and jungles all around), let just say nonetheless they are pretty AMAZING. PS3 fans will be extremely happy :smile:

Has a little Viva Pinatish look, but much better graphics..

Would only like to see a video now to confirm how good the game looks in motion..

The new EGM with R&C is hitting some subscribers today..

ratchetandclankegmcover.jpg

Eh? That sounds a bit early. I've subscribed to EGM for years and it almost always seems to come at the end of the first third of the month (~10th). If I see this issue in the next two days it will likely mean they didn't work too hard on it;)

The scans do look awesome, I can't wait to play it. :D

I've seen the new Ratchet and Clank EGM scans..while I think they're a bit bullshots (not a hint of aliasing) and the draw distance seems a bit low in spots (building and jungles all around), let just say nonetheless they are pretty AMAZING. PS3 fans will be extremely happy :smile:

Has a little Viva Pinatish look, but much better graphics..

Would only like to see a video now to confirm how good the game looks in motion..
Yeah James stevenson confirmed all the screens are in-game and not bullshots. I'll be looking forward to the videos 1up is supposed to be putting up with the mag ships to retail. :)

have not seen the R&C screens yet but Kameo was way under appreciated for its graphic prowess, so it's not as crazy as it may sound.

I understand what you are trying to say but to compare a game that is already complete to a game that is still in development is weird. I would never compare a game that is still in production phase, let alone pics from a magazine.

The images are small and really hard to see much of anything, except for one. It certainly looks very nice in that bigger one though. Looking forward to seeing it in motion. :smile:

Keep on topic, folks

The topic is: What happened to Ratchet & Clank PS3?

And not: how do you think R&C PS3 compare to others games on other consoles.

Because we all know the second topic is bound to be nothing worth the time of the folks involved in the discussion. ;)

So, please, let's try to keep this on topic, you can discuss graphics without having recourse to comparisons.
Comparisons, especially the cross platform ones are bound to derail any gaming discussion into another Xyz console VS Zyx console debate by proxy. And we all know that there's nothing interesting coming out of theses.

It looks good, but not OMGWTHAWESOME BBQ good.

Too me it looks OMGBBQETC good, because I'm just thinking about how open the game will be. I mean really imagine flying your car in this multilayered city.

28030608065812900600.jpg

Yeah I'l say the graphics are WTFBBQ so far.

have not seen the R&C screens yet but Kameo was way under appreciated for its graphic prowess, so it's not as crazy as it may sound.

I loved Kameo's gfx too. But it's art direction was... meh. Some of the early level colour schemes were awful! But sorry, I'm being OT.

I'll have a hunt round for the R&C scans & post something OT...

I'l say the graphics are WTFBBQ so far.

Insomniac has started their own podcast, and they mention the game and the EGM issue that will be released to stands 13 March, and apparently the magazine will have an unusual amount of large screenshots, just because the game looks so good. So that seems to bode well on that department. They also discuss how playtesting is progressing (testcentre with kids playing the game is up and running), and apparently EGM got a first playable preview.

It looks good, but not OMGWTHAWESOME BBQ good.

The contrary would have been surprising anyway...

Looks great and cant wait to see more of it.

The scans do look awesome, I can't wait to play it. :D

Yeah James stevenson confirmed all the screens are in-game and not bullshots. I'll be looking forward to the videos 1up is supposed to be putting up with the mag ships to retail. :)

When is the 1p show supposed to be up?

When is the 1p show supposed to be up?

The 1up show is up every friday, but it didnt contain Ratchet & Clank PS3, Luke mentioned the videos would be on gamevideos.com. I'm assuming when the magazine is officially released to retail on the 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back