What happened to Ratchet & Clank PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop fighting over 'bullshots' or 'not bullshots'.

The publishing magazine that came out with the scans, EGM, put up a podcast talking a bit about it, and the guy of the EGM who actually was invited to go to Insomniac, and saw it in motion, confirms those are ingame, realtime shots, and that the game looks astonishing in motion.

Listen to EGM's latest podcast, or watch out for Insomniac's own podcast they will be uploading soon on their blogpage or homepage. Since this game is going to be out in fall this year, they are going public pretty soon with all kind of footage, maybe at GDC there's some stuff shown already.

Guys, how about letting the Bullshot topic rest for a while? This is a thread about Ratchet & Clank for PS3.

In this weeks EGM live podcast Brian talks about his visit to Insomniac and seeing Ratchet.

He insists the screen shots are actual game play shots and that it does look that good in real time. He doesn't offer much new information. He says its now more of a platformer than a shooter. And he does say it is everything he wanted in a next gen ratchet game. And that it is on track for a Fall release.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149975

In this weeks EGM live podcast Brian talks about his visit to Insomniac and seeing Ratchet.

He insists the screen shots are actual game play shots and that it does look that good in real time. He doesn't offer much new information. He says its now more of a platformer than a shooter. And he does say it is everything he wanted in a next gen ratchet game. And that it is on track for a Fall release.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149975

I just have to mention that the EGM podcast is one of the lamest I've ever listened to - it is so incredibly boring! The previous two episodes were even more boring. I actually just started a thread on this topic, so we don't make this one even more convoluted with off-topicness.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39362

Listnen to first 20min of latest EGM podcast. They confirmed that is all ingame, and that it looks even better in motion. :)

Don't bother with him. He rarely has anything positive to say about anything related to Sony or Playstation. :)

The game looks lovely!

Don't bother with him. He rarely has anything positive to say about anything related to Sony or Playstation. :)

The game looks lovely!

Geezuz, you people...

The screens in the magazine, are bullshots, they do have brushed up AA. Do you see any aliasing? I dont. Do you think the PS3 is gonna have 16x MSAA at a playable framerate? I dont.

But i guess, because "everybody" is doing it, it can now count as "in-game" when its actually not. Just like everybody said the gears of war pictures were in-game, when they were, in fact brushed up aswell.

Geezuz, you people...

The screens in the magazine, are bullshots, they do have brushed up AA. Do you see any aliasing? I dont. Do you think the PS3 is gonna have 16x MSAA at a playable framerate? I dont.

But i guess, because "everybody" is doing it, it can now count as "in-game" when its actually not. Just like everybody said the gears of war pictures were in-game, when they were, in fact brushed up aswell.

Resistence had the same amount of AA that this game has in the magazine. imo

yea the amount of AA used in MOST game screens on ther Internet lately (both consoles) is out of hand. expecting that level when you get it home to play it live on your HDTV would be presumptuous.

yea the amount of AA used in MOST game screens on ther Internet lately (both consoles) is out of hand. expecting that level when you get it home to play it live on your HDTV would be presumptuous.

Again! Resistence had about the same amount of AA while playing the game. On my HDTV at least it did.

Again! Resistence had about the same amount of AA while playing the game. On my HDTV at least it did.

In most of my games (where AA is done really well for the most part) they too appear to have NO aliasing at all in most parts but it is often due to some other effects being employed.

the static screens we see with no aliasing whatsoever are not "exactly" what we see in motion at home but our eyes think so. ;)

In most of my games (where AA is done really well for the most part) they too appear to have NO aliasing at all in most parts but it is often due to some other effects being employed.

the static screens we see with no aliasing whatsoever are not "exactly" what we see in motion at home but our eyes think so. ;)

Okay that read like blah blah blah to me. No offense. I really don't care why I can't see jaggies in Resistence beyond being told that it has 4xAA.

I'm going to assume (and safely assume) that since Resistence had 4xAA that R&C:TOD will have 4xAA too, being that they are the same developer.

And if the jaggies are the same as Resistence then that mean it will look like the screens in that magazine.

I'm going to assume (and safely assume) that since Resistence had 4xAA that R&C:TOD will have 4xAA too, being that they are the same developer.

And if the jaggies are the same as Resistence then that mean it will look like the screens in that magazine.

Geezuz.

At 4x AA, you can easly spot jaggies when you see a still frame.

Take a look at this picture:
4x AA

See? Thats 4x AA, see jaggies? I do.

The screens in the EGM magazine, has no jaggies at all. Is this hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back