PlayStation Showcase 2023

There’s no correlation between the two.
That lol. Just wouldn’t make any sense.
Sony has a better software ecosystem and tools. Not to mention better developers. Outside of the Forza teams and Coalition, Microsoft doesn't have any technically top tier studios.

Did I miss STALKER 2, Amnesia: The Bunker, Robocop: Rogue City, Paranoid, Fort Solis, Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and System Shock Remake? :D

The important part is proof that Alan Wake and Max Payne share the world and Max Payne 2, let alone the abomination claiming to be Max Payne 3 were never canon, which should have been obvious due the main roles using stolen identity!
I see Max Payne.

But yeah I would be onboard for this game.

Last edited:
Bungie Marathon revival is aesthetically cool, but no gameplay.
I hope it isn't a battle royale game. Also, it's crazy to think that Microsoft let the IP go with Bungie. They kept Halo, but allowed Bungie to take Marathon with them.
Video games are dead. Play $10-20 indie games. It's where all of the good ideas are.
It's crazy to think the best game I've played this year was a Doom .wad

I hope it isn't a battle royale game. Also, it's crazy to think that Microsoft let the IP go with Bungie. They kept Halo, but allowed Bungie to take Marathon with them.

It's crazy to think the best game I've played this year was a Doom .wad

It's not a Battle Royale! ... it's an extraction shooter. So chasing the new trend that hasn't really taken off. Tarkov is the only really successful extraction shooter that I know of, and no one else has really made a dent. It won't have a single-player story mode. Purely multiplayer.

In terms of what I've played around recently, it's been a mix of "indie" stuff, and some AAA filler. Some really good indie stuff like Ember Knights, Zero Sievert, Somerville, TMNT: Shredder's Revenge. Ravenswatch seems cool (it's in early access ... really early). Ship of Fools was pretty fun. Messed with Cosmoteer a bit, V Rising, Project Zomboid, Death's Door. I've got a wishlist of "indie" games that are calling to me (Phantom Brigade, Crab Champions, River City Girls 2, The Last Spell, Dredge, Bread & Fred, Boltgun)

... but I literally stooped to playing League of Legends (fuck me), Fifa ( :( ) and a Fortnite no-build (I actually like it). Warhammer Darktide lasted a few days until I knew it was a dead end. In terms of big budget games, nothing is calling out to me, unless you count Returnal.

Last edited:
It's not a Battle Royale! ... it's an extraction shooter. So chasing the new trend that hasn't really taken off. Tarkov is the only really successful extraction shooter that I know of, and no one else has really made a dent. It won't have a single-player story mode. Purely multiplayer.
gross. Sorry, I mean Gross. Capital G.

Capcom is on another level. Both Sony and Microsoft should look at them and ask question how the fuck they are able to poop such a quality content at this rate.

Stolen from Gaf, but yes, SM2 looks bad. As I stated before, the Venom costume looks horrible. That last shot is mobile game worthy.

2.jpg

5.jpg

18.jpg
Infamous Second Son looked miles better and that was at the beginning of PS4's lifespan

Yeah, Spider-Man 2 does not look anywhere near as impressive as I was expecting.

Lots of pop-in too as you travel fast.

I mean, don't get me wrong, overall it's still a lot better in many ways that Spidey 1 and Miles Morales... but just not what I expected. The symbiote suit looks awful. It just looks like low res textures lol

Back