Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Preloading now.
Is there any info on difficulty. Is it tough enough on normal? GG games are usually challenging enough on normal if I remember kz2 and shadowfall correctly.
Is the system fair on hard or very hard. Because if the gameplay is tight enough then I think this might feel much more rewarding on hard. What is the general consensus from those who have played. Trying to avoid spoilers it's hard to gather impressions

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Supposedly it's not. No idea how the difficulty scales, though. In my experience, higher difficulty levels usually just highlight the short comings of game design (most shooters just deterioate into annoying cover-based waiting games, and Bethesda just flat out asks you to adjust difficulty on the fly because they couldn't be arsed to design a cohesive experience in the first place). It's why I'm vehemently opposed to selectable difficulties in Souls games. It's tough to design around multiple difficulty levels, especially in bigger games.

15 hours to unlock which is midnight. Damn you sony, I will get to play tomorrow. Its plain sad to see the whole youtube playing while I have to wait -_-

THANK GOD I did not order the physical version though, it got delayed by 8 days for us :p :LOL:

15 hours to unlock which is midnight. Damn you sony, I will get to play tomorrow. Its plain sad to see the whole youtube playing while I have to wait -_-

THANK GOD I did not order the physical version though, it got delayed by 8 days for us :p :LOL:

1h18minutes here to unlock. I guess the unlock happens at different times at different countries?

Man us Aussies always get to play major first party games one day later than the States:(, well at least I'm on my annual lave so I wont complain too much.

Watched the stream on Eurogamer a bit yesterday and today, and it looks like a lovely world to be in and something I could play, so pre-ordered it, and will be able to play some likely tomorrow (unfortunately for me I had today and yesterday as a day off, and not tomorrow or Thursday ... oh well).

Look forward to spotting some Regular vs Pro differences, and seeing if it will make me switch the Pro to the big TV or if it doesn't really matter.

I played through the beginning last night and so far I like the game a lot. This is unusual as I usually dislike the tutorial part of pretty much any game out there.

Last edited:
Yeah, hopefully Kojima puts this tech to better use in Death Stranding
The premise may not interest me but what I've read of the gameplay does. My preorder arrives tomorrow and I'll play this before Zelda. I've played many where the premise or story was not of interest but the gameplay for pure joy! :yes:

I am pretty sure you are not an 80s kid
I was indeed a kid in the 80s! But robot dinosaurs is preposterous. Unless it's not. I'm curious where the story will take us!

I was indeed a kid in the 80s! But robot dinosaurs is preposterous. Unless it's not. I'm curious where the story will take us!
You are making this guy angry

The-Transformers-Grimlock-dinobots-33480066-1024-768.jpg

Preposterous pffff :p

PS5 port confirmed!
C5XLf5bWQAEUz4S.jpg
C5XLf5bXUAIUR2y.jpg

Very impressive cosplay by LinaLuckyStrike:)
I know those aren't the graphics of the game but that being said, the original graphics are incredible overall. Some still shots are drool-worthy. However, the face of this girl reminds me of the fact how much better Aloy would look if her artistic design was better, this cosplayer rules. My GF is ginger and I can-t stand Aloy tbh. The vastness of the game, specially on PS4 Pro is an entirely different thing, only the fog /I love Skyrim's fog, always will/ and Aloy especially, is where I think it could be improved.

Back