Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

The facial models are decent but the facial animation is weak. Played this game for 2.5hrs straight, very good stuff so far. The controls are really good - one of the best controlling open world games in my limited experience - and the graphics are wonderful, and right now I am playing on PS4, will try Pro later to see if I notice a difference. The optional missions are piling up.

Five hours in, a bunch of side missions done, lots of things upgraded, lots of experimenting with weapons, tactics and hunting. This is so my type of game. I look forward to picking up again tomorrow evening after work, or Friday.

Some of the animal animations are weak too. Apart from that though, there isn't a whole lot to complain about! Pretty awesome game. I think anyone a bit experienced in this type of game should probably play higher than normal. For me it seems fine though. Played a bit on PS4 Pro as well, nice improvement, though you don't really feel you are missing anything on the regular PS4 either.

But most important is the gameplay. I remember thinking that the Witcher had pretty good controls and traversal, but combat I wasn't too hot on. Horizon though - really awesome controls. Almost a better version of the controls in God of War.

Stockpiled some weaponry for the trial (I saw that on YouTube already so I think I know what I want to bring there ;) ), and did most of the optional quests beforehand, so that will be next.

I havent read the entire thread, so forgive me if its already been answered, but could someone please explain the plot and story of the game? I would think there are missions to be done to progress the game? Why must you hunt the dinos, cant you just avoid them or are they hunting you so you're forced into a kill them or be killed yourself?

Please spoiler your responses if you think it spoils the experiencefor others.

I havent read the entire thread, so forgive me if its already been answered, but could someone please explain the plot and story of the game? I would think there are missions to be done to progress the game? Why must you hunt the dinos, cant you just avoid them or are they hunting you so you're forced into a kill them or be killed yourself?

I can't speak too much on the plot yet since I'm very early on still. Regarding the dinobots tho, they are
progressively getting angrier or more dangerous since the day when they arrived. Mainly due to the Corrupter (the machine which infects normal bots into the corrupted ones. It's hinted that for a time the normal dinobots were pretty mutual to the humans so you don't have to kill them out of necessity despite you can scavenge or gain resources from the kill. But now they just attack you on sight so you kinda have to kill them for self defense at the very least
So her fingernail textures are actually pretty decent,
Ranger
be damned.
I kid I kid

In addition to what was said earlier, initially they are just as much a form of resource as the natural wildlife is.

The more I play it the more I like it. Boy am I so happy I stayed spoiler free for this game. :D
Don't follow guides and bullshit guys, this is all about discovering a monutain of a problem and managing it somehow. Knowing what's coming or what works will just turn it into a chore.

And Hard is turning into hard now thar I am meeting the bigger guys around. I will keep it on hard though becuase learning how to do it right and loud is what the whole game is.
Wow, I had thought today would be samey but Today turned out to be the real game, it was all baby steps and sugar candies till now. The game has begun :cool:

Wow this game.

Ok, firstly I'm not usually into this type of game - I tend to find games with leveling up/crafting/etc (Witcher/Skyrim etc) either boring or a chore...or worse, make my brain explode lol

The Last of Us was the first game I played with crafting - thank you ND for your very gentle introduction! Far Cry 4 was the first game I played with some serious leveling up of weapons etc (and later Dying Light). More recently I finally went 'all in' with 7 days to die...and by god am I thankful I made those choices because otherwise my brain would now be melting with the frustration of not being able to play such a great and beautiful game!

I've just got to the first test, man oh man was that tense until I figured it out...when it spots you boy are you in trouble! Great game so far :)

thanks but now i realise that jpeg kills quality of 4K shots, so i finally decided to switch to PNG.

still gameplay model but with filter this time

http://i.imgur.com/noX5Zm9.jpg

I think every second of gameplay in this game is photo worthy
wow,just wow...it's night and day. I knew jpg is different than png but the picture looks like 5 times more detailed, at first sight.

So gorgeous to look at but man but the combat is sublime. Every encounter is pure joy and the only combat skills I've invested in are slowtime aiming and improved spear attack. When you die, it never feels like you died a cheap death because you lost control or she didn't react. It's because you fucked up by not paying attention to your surroundings, got over confident or was not watching your resources.

I've never been more meh about a game's premise and yet been sucked into the world so quickly. It feels like there's no learning curve, the combat mechanics feel so intuitive. :yes::runaway::love:
if

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/837316575925514241

CdProjekt as always nice guys

CD PROJEKT RED‏@CDPROJEKTRED
We're loving #HorizonZeroDawn, congratz to the @Guerrilla team and a high five from Geralt!

C56AGGkWcAAskuz.jpg

Level 19 and just about set foot out of the first area to go towards Meridian , and got my ass handed to me royally, horizon.jpg but I can already say that its one of those rare games that evoke that rare 10/10 feeling ! GG nailed it, watch out CDPR , these guys have done it equally well, and bettered the combat while at it !
This is a top tier game. TOP tier.
BRAVO GG !

Level 19 and just about set foot out of the first area to go towards Meridian , and got my ass handed to me royally, View attachment 1891 but I can already say that its one of those rare games that evoke that rare 10/10 feeling ! GG nailed it, watch out CDPR , these guys have done it equally well, and bettered the combat while at it !
This is a top tier game. TOP tier.
BRAVO GG !
You played to 19 inside the embrace?

talking of which,I read an article where they mentioned that 3 games influenced this the most:The Witcher 3, Titan Quest...AAAAAAND Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption. :love::oops: This one really got to me!! V:TMR is one of the most influential games in my whole life. I thought it was forgotten, I am so glad it hasn't.
nice nails,ears -impressive the detail- and fur shading

You played to 19 inside the embrace?
Whatever the first area is called. Before Carja fort.
In fact the moment I stepped on the way to meridian this storm bird kicked my ass so bad ...i just couldn't take her down. I don't know how it is on normal but that was one heck of a sign to go right back!
So am back in the first area again and there's so much here...!
Also I am so surprised by the combat situations all the time. One wrong move, one careless moment and down u go ! If the game did not have unlimited dodging this would be dark souls level shit !
Loving it to bits ! :love:

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Moving out of the Embrace I also had some very intense fights. The game is very enjoyable and fair on hard difficulty so far.

Back