Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

The problem of the Witcher 3 is the main story is too long, the pacing suffer during Novigrad part... I needed to stop playing and I come back two month after and finish the game... Too much time searching ciri and padding imo...

Yep. It also climaxed fairly early on. While there were certainly compelling bits later during the campaign, nothing managed to come remotely close to the tale of the Bloody Baron. I think the best W3 story can be found in the first expansion. That was some truly excellent stuff. Unfortunately it also hammered home - at least to me it did - how weak of a game W3 was as an action RPG.
Blood and Wine is probably the game at its best.

Yep. It also climaxed fairly early on. While there were certainly compelling bits later during the campaign, nothing managed to come remotely close to the tale of the Bloody Baron. I think the best W3 story can be found in the first expansion. That was some truly excellent stuff. Unfortunately it also hammered home - at least to me it did - how weak of a game W3 was as an action RPG.

The bloody baron quest is so good. For side quest story and dialogue The Witcher 3 is a great game. I need to play the expansion...

Last edited:
I never finished TW3, got up to the snowy region and called it quit. The game bored me half way, there're way too many fetch quests for my liking. But that said I really did enjoy some of the main quests but the pacing sorta ruined it for me. I just hope Horizon keeps everything tight, well balanced and paced if the world isn't as big as TW3's.
Fetch quests???? That is one game that has better side quests than its main quests. Mainly becuase they pack wonderful short stories. No sire, u can say what u want about getting bored , that is very subjective, but Witcher ain't no fetch quest game. Not at all. and thats the reason GG hired story and quest designers from Witcher 3 for this game.

I feel Hearts of stone was th ebest of Wticher on offer. HBlood and Wine did not have the good boss battles that HoS had andI found the story more endearing and memorable in HOS> Blood and Wine is bigger but HOS is where I loved Witcher the most. lovely story and finally good boss battles.

As for the main game, the battle at kaer Morhen was where it climaxed for me. But the wonderful side quests kept me going.

The problem of the Witcher 3 is the main story is too long, the pacing suffer during No vigrad part... I needed to stop playing and I come back two month after and finish the game... Too much time searching ciri and padding imo...
Agree, I dont even like the main story. There is not much main story at all, honestly. Find Ciri : thats it. People like it but I have no lovefor its main questline. But I love the game, : Game of this gen for me. Because the gestalt works super well.

Agree, I dont even like the main story. There is not much main story at all, honestly. Find Ciri : thats it. People like it but I have no lovefor its main questline. But I love the game, : Game of this gen for me. Because the gestalt works super well.

I loved and finished the Witcher 3 but my main criticism of it was also the main quest line was too long because it was heavily convoluted fetch/kill quests. "If you want X, you need to get me Y" and that shit would nest deeper and deeper until I often forget why the hell I was even doing the current quest. The world was fantastic though; I could literally wonder and just look around and everything looks amazing and sometimes that was an experience in itself. I would often travel around at a trot on Roach and just take in that vista, never so keen to get to the next place and the next kill/fetch quest.

I must admit the premise of HZD doesn't appeal at all. Robot dinosaurs? Meh. I don't care for that but I do like a good third person action adventure RPG. And my like of RPGs is not because of roleplay, because that doesn't appeal on any level, but because in gaming terms RPG generally equates to choice in play-style which I very much like. A bit of a outright combat, a bit of subterfuge, a bit of stealth killing. It's nice to mix things up.

I'm probably going to keep my Switch pre-order and play Zelda next Friday. Do I really want to play two open world RPGs, with exploration, close and ranged combat and crafting so close together? :-|

Fetch quests???? That is one game that has better side quests than its main quests. Mainly becuase they pack wonderful short stories. No sire, u can say what u want about getting bored , that is very subjective, but Witcher ain't no fetch quest game. Not at all. and thats the reason GG hired story and quest designers from Witcher 3 for this game.
TW3 had some of the best quests I've ever played in a RPG, especially a Tower of Mice, to say one. The Bloody Baron also was great. And the islands....I loved that part. As for this game..., well, if the side quests are just as good as the side quests in The Witcher 3, then it is probably a great game. I don't have a PS4 though. I tend to prefer women in games, but in this case I find the main character a bit bland.

_2013333b.jpg

They already showed this robot in their trailer, so it's not a real spoil.

Honestly, i can't believe what i'm seeing. It's a gameplay screenshot from a PS4 Pro... ok, it's 4K, but it doesn't explain why it looks better than a bullshot.

I don't have a Pro, but Pro owners really have a game that justifies their purchase.

Last edited:
It's been a good while since I touched TW3 tho I still do remember quite a few good quests whether they're main or side which for the life of me just couldn't recall. But for every one good quest I get 3 or 4 fetch quests or dragged on traversal. Granted I never completed the game, about half way maybe but I wish they could condense some of the quests and improve the pacing a bit more.

I feel Hearts of stone was th ebest of Wticher on offer. HBlood and Wine did not have the good boss battles that HoS had andI found the story more endearing and memorable in HOS> Blood and Wine is bigger but HOS is where I loved Witcher the most. lovely story and finally good boss battles.

As for the main game, the battle at kaer Morhen was where it climaxed for me. But the wonderful side quests kept me going.

I agree about the story in HOS, but I thought the boss battles were just terrible. Combat in TW3 is never more than serviceable anyways, and I do find it at its absolute worst during boss battles.

So the story takes 30 hours and it takes north of 50 if you do all the stuff. thats nice to hear, I was worried the story would be a measly 10-12 hour action campaign. Now I much happier and see convinced it will follow more of an rpg template :)

Seems there is a 1.02 patch?

Patch 1.01

Added options to switch graphics mode and HDR rendering
Multiple crash and progression fixes
Various performance improvements

Patch 1.02

Multiple crash and progression fixes
Various fixes to avoid player getting stuck
Updated visual settings
Performance improvements

From GAF

Beautiful trailer, good to see Sony is pimping the holy Jesus out of this game and the marketing campaign seems even bigger than UC4's. Game is pre ordered and my Pro awaits impatiently for fresh meat.

Reactions: scf
Back