Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

mmbbmlqer.jpg

It's likely have been assembled as 1 piece and tore apart later.

oh, you meant it is part of the motherboard while manufacturing ... nice find and clever thing to do from Sony since it's probably cheapest way to make and assembly board of this shape and dimensions. Boards on the pictures are from different batches though, since they have different solder mask tint.

this board with two buttons(power/eject), piezo beeper and leds is from the corner of the PS4 slim, sits under BD drive intake and is connected with the motherboard via flat cable

PS4 slim; the fan is right in the middle of the 2 USB ports, explaining why they were oddly placed like this:

uTGkvMR.png

I do think the 7th September event was supposed to be just the PS4 slim reveal, no Neo hardware at least in physical form. Could still be the final Neomspecs and maybe some renders of the unit that'll release spring 2017.
I'm not keeping my hopes up for a very interesting event.

On the other hand, the xbox slim wasn't leaked beforehand (or was it? I'm not sure...), so maybe these mega companies (not Apple) have got better at keeping secrets.

ps4 slim has had an unboxing and boot up.
neo has had developer docs leaked
if people aren't considering these leaks, are you expecting other things like a vita and new ps TV? Serious question.

I do think the 7th September event was supposed to be just the PS4 slim reveal, no Neo hardware at least in physical form.

I don't think any console maker has ever organized a major event just to introduce a functionally similar and slimmer version of an old console. That doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

Worst case scenario is they're showing off all the PSVR games and the slim PS4..

ps4 slim has had an unboxing and boot up.
neo has had developer docs leaked
if people aren't considering these leaks, are you expecting other things like a vita and new ps TV? Serious question.
I don't expect something else a s Sony seems to have adopted Apple practices aka speak about what you are about to ship.
I don't think a Ps Vita 2 or a PS TV would be good idea. Streaming services should be made available on as many platforms as possible there is no need for a proprietary device.

I want mobile gaming but I think that the form factors need to be seriously consider along with the type of software you plan to launch on it. Looking at Sony catalogue, I think the traditional handheld form factor is a no go, the tdp of such tiny deice still does not allow the hardware to close enough from the home console hardware.

Last edited:
Still no leaks? That's quite impressive from Sony. I mean even Apple hasn't been able to stop the leakage of iPhone 7 pics and real details, and they used to be the most secretive ones.

Or we've seen everything there is to see, including a teardown of the only piece of hardware they will be showing.

Back