Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

The game is out today on PS4/XBone, right? I hope a DL version is available. This is definitely going to be a new experience for me.

So the DH is overpowered? on PC too?
I like his playing style, but don't like the fact that it makes the game too easy in a way.

I think I will ditch all my old characters and start anew. Wonder what I should be? How are the Witch Doctor and the Crusader? Hows the wizard on higher levels?

Well yes and no. The Marauder 6pc set is very powerful because it lets your sentries cast your spenders for free. So DH using that set dont have to worry about resource management. But at the same time that set pigeonholes the class into M6 build for T6.

WD is prolly the easiest T6 class to do since pet doctor build is easy to gear for. Jade doc is the most powerful... you can kill t6 elites in like 3 sec lol.

Crusader is pretty good, have 2 T6 builds: Darklight and Holy shotgun. Darklight is one of those builds that caused fps to tank on PC though.. (same with pet doc)

Those 3 are the top classes, order is debateable. Wiz is at the bottom (but have fun builds) and monk is a support char. In 2.1 DH is most powerful.. wiz got lots of changes in PTR is up there with DH.

I rolled a WD first so I can get into T6 as fast as possible and can also gear a wiz at the same time (both INT classes)

So I've been playing the ps4 version for few hours now, really like the control scheme which is very surprising for a game like this:). Apart from the game crashing my ps4 one time which I had to re initialize my ps4 to get back in, the game looked and run good. Gonna take a long time for a noob like me to join the battle net tho lol.

Well yes and no. The Marauder 6pc set is very powerful because it lets your sentries cast your spenders for free. So DH using that set dont have to worry about resource management. But at the same time that set pigeonholes the class into M6 build for T6.

WD is prolly the easiest T6 class to do since pet doctor build is easy to gear for. Jade doc is the most powerful... you can kill t6 elites in like 3 sec lol.

Crusader is pretty good, have 2 T6 builds: Darklight and Holy shotgun. Darklight is one of those builds that caused fps to tank on PC though.. (same with pet doc)

Those 3 are the top classes, order is debateable. Wiz is at the bottom (but have fun builds) and monk is a support char. In 2.1 DH is most powerful.. wiz got lots of changes in PTR is up there with DH.

I rolled a WD first so I can get into T6 as fast as possible and can also gear a wiz at the same time (both INT classes)

Ah thanx, I guess I will start anew Crusader itself as its anew class. But I guess so will everyone else :-/ ! As fo now Battle.net seems down so can't link my old characters in, otherwise I could have tried continuing with my Barb to see how it goes.

Lets see, I don't like the way WD looks (bleh) , and have already seen what a DH can do on my old PSN account (Can't bring him in) , so I guess Crusader is the way to go , according to your opinion. Does the Crusader get ranged attacks too? Cos, from what co-op I played ppl with ranged attacks just kill everything before ur melee guy can get some punches in :-/ !

Anyone figured out how to play offline on the PS4 (short of yanking the ethernet cable)? Under settings the game says to hit R3 for network options but that just brings up a legend instead of letting you change anything.

Cheers

Keep in mind that the opinions of a class at T6 with 6pc class sets will constitute a tiny portion of your gaming time. The time investment needed to gradually make your way through the torment levels with gear upgrades and setup changes and eventually have 6 pieces of class set armor or 5 + RoRG is astronomical.

So is a Witch Doctor ok for a complete noob, or should I start with a Crusader? I'll probably be soloing, since I doubt many many Boners will get this.

Coming from the ps3 version this feels like a completely new game. New events, more enemies, more loot,faster levelling ...wow !

And Crusader is a killing machine :D

Anyone figured out how to play offline on the PS4 (short of yanking the ethernet cable)? Under settings the game says to hit R3 for network options but that just brings up a legend instead of letting you change anything.

Cheers
Its not a legend. Select Offline from the R3 menu and no one will enter ur game. By default the option is 'Friends Only'.

Game is much more fun in co-op, IMO.

Wish this was cross platform NRP. Would help you escape scrub tier :(
C'mon, drop $60 you cheap bastard. Help a guy out. We can probably convince Scott to jump in too. I'd like to get in on some epic co-op raids. Don't you have a kickass barbarian build or something?

I just bought the digital version from Live. It's DLing right now.

Ah thanx, I guess I will start anew Crusader itself as its anew class. But I guess so will everyone else :-/ ! As fo now Battle.net seems down so can't link my old characters in, otherwise I could have tried continuing with my Barb to see how it goes.

Lets see, I don't like the way WD looks (bleh) , and have already seen what a DH can do on my old PSN account (Can't bring him in) , so I guess Crusader is the way to go , according to your opinion. Does the Crusader get ranged attacks too? Cos, from what co-op I played ppl with ranged attacks just kill everything before ur melee guy can get some punches in :-/ !

Crusader has midrange attacks. Crusader is a safe choice. Great if you like bright flashing lights lol

So is a Witch Doctor ok for a complete noob, or should I start with a Crusader? I'll probably be soloing, since I doubt many many Boners will get this.

WD pet build is the easiest to gear for. You really only need mask of jeram. if you can get tasker and theo then you're set for at least t5. I'm not fan of his pot belly but I picked him to gear up first because its the easiest.

Also if you are startgin new and going to solo, do low lvl COTA runs.. get the checkpoint kill everything, quit. You can get 3x bonus exp for killing 100 monster there, which is easy. pretty quick way to level.

You also get 1 guaranteed legendary from Malthael, so don't kill him until you reach level 70

What's COTA?

Crypt of the ancients. Its the area just past festering woods. You need to enter into the two tombs to retrieve the parts to open the nephalem gate (or whatever that thing is called).

Keep your kill streak up (very easy to do there) and you will gain exp very quickly. Works great in a full party until you can start doing rifts

What difficulty should I start at? I played a bit on Normal just to get the hang of it, but I'm guessing a harder difficulty would yield a higher payout?

Oh yeah, the Witch Doctor is kind of funny.

What difficulty should I start at? I played a bit on Normal just to get the hang of it, but I'm guessing a harder difficulty would yield a higher payout?

I am playing on hard for the extra rewards. Game is pretty easy in the beginning anyways. You can dial down the difficulty later when it gets rough, the game allows that anytime.

@specwar: COTA are the Defiled Crypts then? I got a killstreak of 91 there last night :D ! This whole reward mechanism is new to the ps4 version, it was very subtle in the ps4 version and frankly I never reached even 50 kills there. In this version I am almost constantly buffed up due to either breaking objects or killing enemies ! Its like D3 on steroids :devilish: !

I was very skeptical of spending money on this again, but it is so changed that it feels new. Money well spent :yep2: ! It might even wean me away from Destiny !

I am playing on hard for the extra rewards. Game is pretty easy in the beginning anyways. You can dial down the difficulty later when it gets rough, the game allows that anytime.

@specwar: COTA are the Defiled Crypts then? I got a killstreak of 91 there last night :D ! This whole reward mechanism is new to the ps4 version, it was very subtle in the ps4 version and frankly I never reached even 50 kills there. In this version I am almost constantly buffed up due to either breaking objects or killing enemies ! Its like D3 on steroids :devilish: !

I was very skeptical of spending money on this again, but it is so changed that it feels new. Money well spent :yep2: ! It might even wean me away from Destiny !

COTA is in Festering Woods... the area right after you meet the Scoundrel.

Went from lvl 11 to 30 in under 2 hrs, solo.

Be wary of these D3 junkies. ;) You can, you know, just play the game rather than worry about loot and builds. If you go back through the thread, you'll get the perspectives of those who already played console version. For myself, the game was generally way too easy for much of the first playthrough(s), except as a melee character. On Hard, the monk got killed repeatedly. Drop it to Normal and the game was too easy. Ultimately I complained the balance was wrong for me and didn't really get into the game in a big way.

Anything with range can cruise through the first couple of playthroughs. WD is just fine -that was my first char. I suggest Hard mode for you to have some sort of a challenge, unless they've enabled some of the harder options from the very beginning. Maybe the extended level 1 difficulty? The problem I found was that at a difficulty where the mobs were a little challenging, there'd be some random bosses that'd just annihilate you. In the early woods, a random spawn of some nasty ghost dogs could end your game on a difficult mode, tearing through you with nothing you can do about it as you die over and over, but if you don't get them and just get high level zombie bosses, it's a nice challenge. Actually I suppose if you get spawn like that, quit the game and start again and you'll get new random encounters.

Back