Kingmakers [PC, Consoles tbc]

cheapchips

Veteran
Trailer for Kingmakers, from the developers of the apparently quite good Road Redemption. Medieval battle simulator with a twist, which I won't spoil in the unlikely chance it's not been already.

The game's built on UE with custom animation and network code to handle the large battles. 4 player coop, more with dedicated servers.

It's not announced for consoles, but they have dev kits. They've said it'll work well on the S and the X/PS5 are 'beasts'.

This is basically Army of Darkness, the game isn't it
:D

Last edited:
OK, getting interested in this.

Using Asmongold's reaction to Digital Foundry's interview with the developers.

A man of my own heart. No nanite, no lumen, no advanced lighting, no advanced foliage? Don't give a shit. Gameplay >>>>>>>>>> graphics. :D This game wouldn't be possible with all that other stuff. Give me the gameplay and then shoehorn in whatever graphics you can afterwards.

Game looks amazing (gameplay) so far. Semi-unique enemy looks (variations kind of like Dead Rising), unique enemy AI (each enemy has it's own AI) because it's an RTS/3rd person shooter hybrid. OK, willing to give this indie dev. a chance when the game comes out.

The developers have replaced most of the systems in UE5 as many of the stock systems wouldn't work well or perform well in their game.

Regards,
SB

I pasted DF John's interview in the DF thread but will repeat here for anyone who missed it. Love it when developers pursue a tech path to gameplay. It's been sorely lacking over this and last gen imo.

Last edited:
Trailer for Kingmakers, from the developers of the apparently quite good Road Redemption. Medieval battle simulator with a twist, which I won't spoil in the unlikely chance it's not been already.

The game's built on UE with custom animation and network code to handle the large battles. 4 player coop, more with dedicated servers.

It's not announced for consoles, but they have dev kits. They've said it'll work well on the S and the X/PS5 are 'beasts'.

This is basically Army of Darkness, the game isn't it
:D
this is a very interesting concept. I added the game to my STeam's wishlist, definitely going to keep track on this

Back