Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Jedi2016, Jul 6, 2013.

1. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

Gear drops and experience scale with difficulty, so it works as a limitation to how fast you can gear up.

2. Silent_Buddha

Legend

At release on PC, the campaign was very much meant to be the challenge as that was all there was. There was only the campaign at Normal, Nightmare, Hell, then Inferno. While D3 even at launch was significantly easier than D2, it was also quite significantly more difficult than the current version of D3.

The first console release reduced the difficulty quite a bit and the difficulty only continued to be decreased in subsequent versions as they tried to appeal to a wider audience. To compensate for this they eventually released rifts and then later torment difficulties with added torment levels added in some "seasons" as power inflation made even those ridiculously easy.

Basically starting a new campaign at Master is much easier while Torment 1 is maybe just a little harder than the original PC D3 release at normal. New players unfortunately only get to experience the baby difficulties when they first play the game.

Regards,
    SB

#942 Silent_Buddha, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Season 18 just started and I decided to finally go with the Wizard this time. Leveling to 70 went quite smooth as well as the season challenges with the Wizard. The DMO starter set is quite nice and I made a fun Blast build. However, I finally farmed all pieces for the Vyr set and the Chantodo set. As described by many, the Chantodo Vyr Archon build is a brutal beast. I have Paragon lvl at about 500, not even all my Topas upgraded to max (lol, I am lazy), and still using the first gear versions I found and can clear a GR80 in less then 5min.

I feel a bit squishy though and once I die, it is quite hard to get back into the full mode. I wanna farm for the Ring of Royal Grandeur to work in the new Captain Crimson set....this looks super strong to me.

4. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

You're paragon 500 in Season 18 already?? That's insane.

5. AlphaWolf

Legend

It would seem more insane if there weren't people who are already paragon 2000+. My non season account isn't even paragon 2000 and I've played most seasons to paragon 800+.

6. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

If you wanna level paragon as quickly as possible (and farm for gear as efficient as possible), I'll strongly recommend to do as many Greater Rifts as possible. Try to stay away from bounties as much as possible, and only do the rifts to get the keystones for the Greater Rifts. It seems to me that only GRs give you decent XP to level up in my experience and it seems to me that GR have way higher legendary drop rates than bounties or standard rifts.
    So in short, do GRs if you want to "use" your time as efficient as possible :)

Edit: Btw, the console S18 started even later than the PC season...so I only Saturday and Sunday to play :mrgreen:

#946 Billy Idol, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  7. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Finally progressed a bit. Still only paragon 600, but could finish GR 88. these high lvl rifts kill my ps4 though...when the whole screen is exploding...lots of stuttering!

Chantodo Vyr seems rly a very strong build and is relatively easy to play...

#947 Billy Idol, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  8. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

I just hit 70 last night ;)

9. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

What class do you play?

10. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

I decided to do a crusader for this season. I have 2 crusaders but I've never really played them beyond 70 much.

11. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Cool. Now that I have played Wizard, Crusader is also my only class where I never went into endgame.

Maybe S19 is my Crusader season :)

12. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Played some more yesterday and got a basic version of the Tal Meteor Shower build running.

Much simpler to play than Chanto Vyr as it seems quite tougher. But obvious less power lvl so far. Still could finish GR85 with it. But instead of my best of 2:45 min, it took me about 9min or so.

But I like this new build quite a lot and hope that I find a decent ancient Deathwish to boost the power!

13. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Played some more Vyr Chantodo Archon and reached Paragon 800. GR95 so far, might get a bit higher with current gear.

To lazy to farm for augmenting my Vyr gear, so I started to build a LOD meteor shower wizard...

14. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

So this Season I've gone the farthest ever for myself, considering I've rarely play in teams before and don't really push GR's and gear much. With my Akkhan Condemn Crusader I just comfortably finished my first GR90, without an Ancient weapon (which I just managed to get shortly after it tonight). Also hit Paragon 600 which is much higher than I've previously bothered to get in past seasons.

With the season circles, I've managed some 2+ trillion damage hits.

TheAlSpark likes this.
  15. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

I recognize some of those words

thinking-face-apple-icon.png

16. AlphaWolf

Legend

The articles and verbs?

TheAlSpark likes this.