Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Jedi2016, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Same here. I have it on PC already, and never got past the 3rd Chapter. But without the DRM and stuff, on my Xbox One it could be a glorious game.

I don't know if it could ever bring me the feelings I had with Diablo 2 though. From the little I played it seems a difficult task, actually.

2. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

It's okay for couch coop. All these games kinda scratch that itch, and they all get bought by us because of that. I think the added clarity of the PS4's visuals would help. On PS3 it was sub-HD blur-o-vision. (BGDA, for the uninitiated, had supersampling because the devs knew clarity was of utmost importance for the small sprites to present a reasonable area of map on screen. High IQ, high framerate, priorities in right places to make it easy to watch and control)

3. Shifty Geezer

Moderator Legend

4. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

ughj I hope they decide against 1080p on the xbox one , use the extra power to insure the 60fps . The ps4 looks horrible and more noticeable than a lack of resolution

5. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

CPU/streaming issue?

6. Shifty Geezer

Moderator Legend

Article vid claims day one 1080p patch is coming to XB1, and we'll have to see if it suffers in the same way. It'd be horrifically ironic if they ruin the 60 fps fluidity with fake 60 fps in order to provide true 1080p.

7. Inuhanyou

Veteran Regular

What exactly is the limitation of the PS4 that disallows it from 60fps?

8. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

Well, forum warriors want the check box items like 1080p. You see it here too when discussing pixel quality versus pixel quantity. Blizzard is just giving these fools what they say they want.

9. DrJay24

Veteran

So if someone has a different opinion about something than you they are forum warriors? It is subjective, some people prefer the native res of their TV, some prefer the rendering budget spent on other effects. Why call names, both are legitimate and honest opinions.

10. Shifty Geezer

Moderator Legend

Except those same 'forum warriors' will now complain about 60 fps lies. "This game is 1080p6-" says Blizzard. "Hooray, let's get it!" says forum warriors/consumers. "Oh, it looks a bit crap," says consumers. "It's not actually 60 fps," says DF. "Damn, we've been lied to!! Class action lawsuit aouy!" says consumers/forum warriors.

Oh and, "curious technique with questionable/debatable outcomes," says a few engineering types on B3D. ;)

Although in this case, forum warriors have been informed before buying the game. I wonder if it'll impact sales?

11. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

Personally, I really hope they don't trade frame rate for resolution on the Bone. I really want to try homerdog's crazy ass Witch Doctor build, which supposedly has so much crap going on at once it tanks everyone's frame rate.

12. RenegadeRocks

Legend

WTH ! :roll:

Wait n watch it is then !

13. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

you can play this game with no problems on the pc .

14. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

It tanks framerates on the PC. This is on my 3570k@4.4ghz with a 7870 OC @ 1680x1050 resolution at maxed settings with shadow smoothing on. As soon as there's some really big fights with all his minions and followers out it starts chugging noticeably. He has a fucking army.

15. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

odd , I haven't had any problems on my fx 8150 @ 4ghz with 16 gigs of ram and a 7950 at 1080p

whats the build. I will try to test it this week and see

16. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular Subscriber

Well the gameplay framerate drops also on XB1 just less than on PS4.

DF were just soo happy to find one spot where the gameplay tanks low (44fps) on PS4 that they slowed down the part on the video to make it last 5 times longer. That's tragic, really.

17. Jedi2016

Veteran

Not really. That kind of slowdown is needed to show what they're talking about. It's one thing to listen to someone babble about simultaneous different framerates, it's quite another to see it in action, and you can't really do that without slowing it down.

18. Shifty Geezer

Moderator Legend

It was necessary to highlight the issue. The video looked 30 fps to me making judder impossible to portray without showing it in action. What looks okay in a gameplay clip on the interwebs will be at times rather jarring in play.

19. steveOrino

Regular

DF got a response from Blizzard and it seems like it was a bug. Its a bit strange that some of the console games are having these weird framerate bugs (frame pacing and the like).

20. djskribbles

Legend Veteran

Yeah, article was updated: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-performance-analysis