Last of Us [PS4]

on my TV, or on everyone tv, whenever they play games, I would recommend everyone to turn off all edge enhancement/ motion flow features. Only thing those things do are making everything looks grainier, and increase input lag. I owned a Sammy, which is basically trash for gaming, Panny plasma, still probably best out of the box setting with minimal tweaking and input lag. And now a LG, never use any edge enhancement on anything even movies.

edit: dont forget to set aspect scaling to just scan, eliminate over scan. Over scan makes everything looks lower res.

I am not a hardcore TV guy, but for my future TV purchase it has to have 4:4:4 pure direct mode with 0 touch up, filtering etc, super low input lag. So far only the high end panny or the new Sony W900 triluminos TV are only options for me. The W900 input lag is like 19ms. Second lowest is panny, around 40 ms, and the rest like sammy or LG are 70-80ms. Every year when every company release their new tv, they seems to forget more and more about gaming, that Sony W900 was a huge surprise. Kaz cares about gamers?

i really mean with game mode ON, the picture looks worst.
with game mode turned off the picture looks sharper, the motion smoother.

as for input lag, its not a problem for me.

EDIT:
the tv does not do overscan

This game just keeps giving! Each level looks more beautiful than another, as soon as you think this scene can't be topped then boom, the season after looked even better. The lighting and environment design, dear god I know I keep emphasizing:).
The story is also engaging and really makes me feel for the character. Gonna finish it tonight and restart immediately.

just watched World War Z and it feels like TLoU the movie will be awesome if it were to be made :D

@Renegade
the multiplayer feature heavy shooting or not?

thanks arwin, i think thats the reason why i feel the IQ on TLoU disappointing. Last time i play PS3 game was Uncharted 3, since that i always plays on PC with SMAA or FXAA + SMAA. Filtering set at 16x aniso, etc, etc, etc. and since i change GPU to radeon 7770, at minimum i runs at 2xMSAA+SMAA.

i keep seeing the aliasing, the low res transparencies
ellie ride raft mechanic,the waves that hit stone/ships
, the blurry texture, etc.
If i play 2 meter from TV it looks good but i prefer playing closer to TV :D

@patsu
with tv "game mode" the picture looks more blurrier and judder-ey. Looks like the game running on 20 fps or something...

TV need to put SMAA or FXAA inside their GAME MODE :)

EDIT:
i dont mean the game does not look good. On the contrary, it looks awesome complete with nice animation but it have problem on the IQ

well to be honest, some of the scenes really suffer from heavy aliasing issues like the whole screen is flickering. also, the super low res effects don't help either.

That is why I am hoping for a remastered PS4 version of this game...with full 1080p+AA+decent AF+higher texture resolution and foliage quality.

just watched World War Z and it feels like TLoU the movie will be awesome if it were to be made :D

@Renegade
the multiplayer feature heavy shooting or not?

I'm dying here... ordered LoU via Amazon.co.uk and its takes (still counting) Royal Mail more than a week to get something shipped to Holland.

Sigh... could have picked up the game at ND's offices in Santa Monica last week ;-)

But.. seriously their offices are nothing to write home about. Just another office space in California. I drove past it, but there's not even a clear sign on the outside. Funny enough, Microsoft is also in their building...

well to be honest, some of the scenes really suffer from heavy aliasing issues like the whole screen is flickering. also, the super low res effects don't help either.

That is why I am hoping for a remastered PS4 version of this game...with full 1080p+AA+decent AF+higher texture resolution and foliage quality.

I think ND has stated that their engine is >> PS3 capable, but they had to made compromises on what's switched on in a scene, so wouldn't be surprised if the IQ is optimized (one effect traded against the other) based on contents, objects etc. to get a fps between 20-25 and 30.

Don't have the game yet, but looking at the walkthroughs on Youtube it's amazing what they achieved on a console with only 512 MB of RAM and an outdated GPU with SPUs.

ND has clearly said they are not making anew engine and continuing with this one for th ps4. The engine is already awesome but with a complete architecture change in the new hardware, hope thier engine works as effortlessly as it does on ps3.

In other news, I am unable to proceed with my new game + because i am hooked to the MP :D .Survival is so good and so is supply raid.

Hope they add more modes in DLCs, I am so gonna get the season pass for this one !

Back