Last of Us [PS4]

FYI, engine =/= renderer...

[offtopic]
True, but can't imagine their "engine" is completely unware of the hardware underneath it. A SPU is a completely different animal than a x86 core or an OpenCL driven CGN compute core...
[/offtopic]

Got the game tonight and loving it. You can see the Unchartered legacy (save games, hiding for cover, moving and picking up stuff, the trophies), but man oh man what a story telling and level design. My PS3 Slim sometimes sounds like a dust buster, but no wonder...

Is there any way to take out the amazing concept art we unlock in this game? I want them out on my PC as my wallpapers and what not !

hmm
i'll check it.

EDIT:
i think its inside
gallery1.psarc

you can manually extract that from PS3 BD/HDD but it will be troublesome (need CFW or PS3 linux). Or you can download only file "gallery1.psarc" from torrent

EDIT2:
it is inside gallery1.psarc. Unfortunately only available in low res (720p). Even portrait picture only in 720p but with black borders :/
idQkF9z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MP is fun. Very well made, fits perfectly in the Last of Us universe...

Yup, it is ! In fact I am unable to go to my second playthrough be ause I boot up MP everytime i turn on my ps3 ! Very well done MP, but needs more modes. There seems to be only two right now and both are the same, only that Survival doesn't have respawns.otherwise, supply raid and survival are both the same.

It is good, but I got disconnected from servers during game. Also, at the end of first week they want you to do a special side mission, which is good. But I choose 'gift crafter item'...problem, gifting items unlocks like during week two or so...no chance to finish this side mission, no chance to know this before digging through al menus and the web.

Other than that...it feels very unique. Maybe we can play a few rounds together...although I might be not that much of a help :)

Btw, how do the one time boosters work? It states that you can use it for one game.

So are this gone from the menu when used??

Yu have to select them just after loading finishes or just before loading starts , i can't remember. Yes, they are one time boosters and disappear once hey are used, but don't worry use them, they keep popping up after every match. Its not like they are difficult to get, in fact I don't wven how I earn them but there are a lot to choose from before every match :) ! Its a mechanic borrowed from mobile games.

I started my new game + finally now that my upgrades finally got carried over correctly. Now I know why ppl could finish th egame in 14 /16 hours while I took 24 hours. Its because th eListen mode kills all scouting around and checknig out enemy positions and/or any randomn firefight. Its just a matter of 'ok, here are all the enemy positions, lets start from the this side '. Thank god, I had turned it off on my first playthrough.My experience wouldn't have been half as entertaining or atmospheric. The game is very well tested without it. With listen on, I am actually finding the game a bit boring....I thikn I will just turn it off.

BTW, its nice to have a Shiv which works for three kills before breaking, right from the beginning :D ! Uptill now Listen mode has ensured I don't need Shivs, as grabbigb an enemy from behind just does the trick. Saving it up for doors and clicker atracks once I earn Shiv Master ability.

Yu have to select them just after loading finishes or just before loading starts , i can't remember. Yes, they are one time boosters and disappear once hey are used, but don't worry use them, they keep popping up after every match. Its not like they are difficult to get, in fact I don't wven how I earn them but there are a lot to choose from before every match :) ! Its a mechanic borrowed from mobile games.

I started my new game + finally now that my upgrades finally got carried over correctly. Now I know why ppl could finish th egame in 14 /16 hours while I took 24 hours. Its because th eListen mode kills all scouting around and checknig out enemy positions and/or any randomn firefight. Its just a matter of 'ok, here are all the enemy positions, lets start from the this side '. Thank god, I had turned it off on my first playthrough.My experience wouldn't have been half as entertaining or atmospheric. The game is very well tested without it. With listen on, I am actually finding the game a bit boring....I thikn I will just turn it off.

BTW, its nice to have a Shiv which works for three kills before breaking, right from the beginning :D ! Uptill now Listen mode has ensured I don't need Shivs, as grabbigb an enemy from behind just does the trick. Saving it up for doors and clicker atracks once I earn Shiv Master ability.

Yeah, I play with listen mode but optimize my weapon use. Took me 22+ hours because I checked every corner regardless of where the zombies were. A few times, I charged into the room and open fire. ^_^. Had to collect my ammo again after I spent all of them.

Yeah, I play with listen mode but optimize my weapon use. Took me 22+ hours because I checked every corner regardless of where the zombies were. A few times, I charged into the room and open fire. ^_^. Had to collect my ammo again after I spent all of them.

Yup, I realised later that the time is more due to exploration. A thorough explorer like me or you will always take 24 hours because we need to find every shiny and every little supply :D ! BTW, although I found all the comics in my first playthrough, I am finding new notes and small areas I didn't find earlier even though I was so thorough !

This game is a paradise ! :p

and I am so used to playing without listen now, that I simply forget to use it :LOL: ! Anyways, it breaks the beautiful graphics too.

Japanese gamers on TLoU:
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/06/...apanese-gamers-heap-praise-on-the-last-of-us/

I agree the game can draw casual audience. I think an observer may be more terrified by the game because he/she doesn't have control.

It's like my friend watching me play Demon's Souls. He was yelling and griping my shoulder and chair at the same time (nextgen rumble).

:LOL: ! Social is a next gen feature patsu ! You can't have it now !

I will never understand why a Demons Souls champion like you finds LOU difficult !

Because the enemies in TLoU are much faster. Some are one hit kill (when I'm weak).

Demon's Souls's combat is more long drawn and skill-based.

The sneaking is kinda skill-based. The combat itself is more reactive for me. ^_^

Yes, like Demon's Souls, running away is a valid tactic.

Running away is in fact a part of LOU combat. If you don't run, you will die ! Tackle one enemy, run, hide...find something...craft ...tackle another, run....hide...wait ...LOU combat is also long drawn and tense like DS. One wrong move and your chances of survival go down exponentially. In fact, if you don't run often you won't find the supplies that are required to make it through. DS 's combat is more about memorising and dodging correctly, whereas LOU combat is more about finding right moments for crowd control and using what you have to your advantage.

In DS fights tend to have a pattern whereas in LOU no two fights play out the same ! The magic of LOU is indeed fantastic !

Back