Last of Us [PS4]

So true...

i-GLQjhhF-950x10000.jpg

:LOL:

Thats a practical decision they took to keep the gameplay intact. if they allow the infected to be alerted by Ellie, you would personally go and kill Ellie before entering a room :LOL: !

I like how Joel cannot climb/platform out of a situation like Spiderman.

I can't see myself playing hard or survival mode for this game. I suck at it. :LOL:

I will try MP and replay a few levels at normal mode. I much prefer the zombies to the humans.

I am very surprised this is coming from a Demons Souls and Dark Souls Champion :???: ! This game is definitely very similar to those, but still much easier than them.

Trying to play MP here but keep getting the 'Error syncing levels' message. Don't know what ND syncs in every MP game, UC2,3 and now this. Takes ages to sync.

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/higher-end-stereo-headset.html

price is a bit high, it does 7.1 virtual surround, bass is so crazy (adjustable) and it rumbles! its probably the best wireless head set you can get for PS3. Also works on PC but only stereo + mic. I just got mine in today, play LOU with it, its range is obviously not as good a true 7.1 which I use since its a headphone, but it cancel all the out side noise very well so you only hear the sounds from the game. And this head set looks BOSS!

Doing some research and it seems they have bad reliability, nice looking set though.

Thanks for the suggestions all. I was also looking at the TB DSS and Mixamp boxes. Might end up going with one of those if the surround effects are good enough as I've already got a decent set of AKG headphones.

In my experience, the pseudo surround of these headsets (even if they have distinct speakers there simple isn't enough room to create a proper sound stage) really isn't worth sacrificing the audio quality you get from a nice pair of similarly (or cheaper) priced hifi phones.
Your AKGs will most likely blow all the crap Roccat, Logitech, Turtle Beach and the likes are trying to peddle out of the water.

In my experience, the pseudo surround of these headsets (even if they have distinct speakers there simple isn't enough room to create a proper sound stage) really isn't worth sacrificing the audio quality you get from a nice pair of similarly (or cheaper) priced hifi phones.
Your AKGs will most likely blow all the crap Roccat, Logitech, Turtle Beach and the likes are trying to peddle out of the water.

True in a lot of cases, but not true for Last of Us. Some of my friends advocating high class 2.1 sound offer useless 5.1 headsets come by and tested Last of Us with my Xtactic 5.1

They were highly impressed and the quality difference is immediate and clear.

the last of us have "dolby pro logic" sound option. it make stereo speaker/headphone sounds "surround".

At least that what happen to my ears :D

Doing some research and it seems they have bad reliability, nice looking set though.

only the first gen, they fixed the buzzing and many problems with it and added more. Theres also a problem with it if you cant get on the US store to download the official app. It load up the proper sound setting into the headphone, I notice that the have one setting specifically for bioshock infinite. Most ppl that hated it ended up loving it at the end.

True in a lot of cases, but not true for Last of Us. Some of my friends advocating high class 2.1 sound offer useless 5.1 headsets come by and tested Last of Us with my Xtactic 5.1

They were highly impressed and the quality difference is immediate and clear.

Depends on everyone's definition of quality and high class I suppose. I don't want "loads of bass" (the vibration some of these things use to simulate LFE I find particularly annoying). I want punchy and precise bass that only kicks in when it's appropriate. I also want a decent mid-range because it's important for voices and musicality in general. These tiny-ass mini speakers just cannot compete with a singlular and large dynamic driver.

I went through 3 or 4 different pairs of surround phones and in the end all of them were outclassed by a pair of AKGs for 50 bucks.

Of course that's just me. Audio quality is about as subjective as it gets.

only the first gen, they fixed the buzzing and many problems with it and added more. Theres also a problem with it if you cant get on the US store to download the official app. It load up the proper sound setting into the headphone, I notice that the have one setting specifically for bioshock infinite. Most ppl that hated it ended up loving it at the end.

Was talking about the plastic housing developing cracks after long term use.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55854804&postcount=252

Also seen some comments on Amazon talking about the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my 5.0 surround system at least I can hear very clearly where sounds are coming from, and it definitely adds to the experience (and helps make Listen Mode irrelevant for me - I'm so used to rely on my ears for this type of thing in real life as well)

The Last of Headphones :p

Really, this game have superb sound design. Some sound really real as if there;s another person in my room in real world.

I like the design of it also of it, how good are they with music?

For music there is a music mode setting preloaded I can only say it sounds crisp because I am not an audiophile; but I do love surround sound effects, which is why I bought a 7.2 HT. My family complain the volume is too loud that's why I got the surround sound headset. The rumble makes it even cooler, if you are into that short of thing. Something you won't get from HT unless you sit on the sub.

edit: this headset also come with a cord so it works with anything wired.

silly question, anyone know how the smoke bomb in the game logically work? Like how it would explode when there's enemy nearby?

Back