Formula 1 - 2009 Season

The Official F1 site has some pretty good looks at the diffusers:

http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2009/806/637.html
http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2009/0/640.html
http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2009/0/634.html

The McLaren 'cut out' may be an illustration of the rule being talked about. Last year they wouldn't have been able to do that because that area would have had a aerodynamic 'kick up' in front of the rear wheels and becuase there was bodywork above it they wouldn't have been able to sculpt the floor in with the shape of the coke bottle; now the rules have got rid of those kick ups there is no bodywork there hence they can have those cut-outs.

If they really think they can enforce the budget cap I think they should just ditch everything except safety regulations and the budget cap ... that would be a lot more interesting than this rules lawyering (the teams with standard diffusers obviously didn't have enough D&D players).

Oh great, racism card pulled, Adrian Sutil wrote in his column for Formula 1 Race Report magazine that he thinks there's racism behind Hamiltons penalties (what penalties? disqualified from 1 race so far)
Free translation of translation by me:
Sutil: "I don't understand why he's being punished so much, over time, you start asking yourself, is it because of his skin color?"

This is just getting absurd, soon we will have drivers doing anything they want and just pull the racism card up if Hamilton doesn't get more penalties along with his team from the Australia lying case because of his skin color

This year....

There have been many penalties given to Hamilton that have not been passed on to others.

You only need to look at whats gone on to see why people might think that.

For example points have been enough for 50 years to decide a championship, the minute Hamilton wins on points something is rushed through that means it wouldn't happen again.

Ecclestone said even before the 2008 season that he wanted a bigger difference between P1 and P2. I don't think it's fair to say it's racism.

Hamilton was lifted onto the track in Nürburgring 2007 and that didn't happen to anyone else.

This year....

There have been many penalties given to Hamilton that have not been passed on to others.

You only need to look at whats gone on to see why people might think that.

For example points have been enough for 50 years to decide a championship, the minute Hamilton wins on points something is rushed through that means it wouldn't happen again.

Huh? Show even one incident where Hamilton has been punished for something that others haven't gotten punished for

Where they (Rallycross) are now has nothing to do with group B, if you read what it says on the link it says JWRC chassis.

But nobody ever said they were. There are 2 distinct statements there. If it helps you read it better put "As an aside " in where appropriate.....

Ferrari has (finally) moved Luca Baldisserri to other duties him making failing continously on tactics, new guy responsible for tactics will be Chris Dyer, who used to be Schumachers and later Kimi's personal race engineer

Last edited by a moderator:
Diffuser hearing today. Hopefully they are illegal otherwise there is no point of racing for everyone else.

well pretty much everyone else, if not everyone else, has their own version definately already in the works, so it's just a matter of how soon they're done if they're deemed legal

Ecclestone said even before the 2008 season that he wanted a bigger difference between P1 and P2. I don't think it's fair to say it's racism.

Hamilton was lifted onto the track in Nürburgring 2007 and that didn't happen to anyone else.
Yeah the year before when he almost won it. I don't think it's racism either, but when the head honcho makes out people covered in black shoe polish making monkey chants isn't racially motivated people will begin to wonder.

I'm sure in some countries in Europe that sounds perfectly reasonable so I won't judge you by your response, in England and other tolerant countries it's bang out of order.

Hamilton was helped onto the track because it was safer than leaving him where he was and seeing as every car was flying off the track at that point I don't think you can really argue with it.

No, it wasn't. Moving a big tractor there to help him out isn't safe and having people there isn't safe either. It's a silly rule.

Burt there you have it, you said yourself it's the rule so why do you use it as "evidence" everytime I mention Hamilton has gotten a bum deal since arriving?

Burt there you have it, you said yourself it's the rule so why do you use it as "evidence" everytime I mention Hamilton has gotten a bum deal since arriving?
I don't think he has, I think his aggressive style has gotten him into trouble. Just as it did in Japan 2007, just as it did in Spa.

Like Bludd said, he has gotten himself to the trouble he's in (excluding the "lie-gate", where the blame isn't his alone)
And the reason that incident keeps being brought up is probably the fact that it shows that he's being treated better, if anything, not worse than others.

Diffuser hearing today. Hopefully they are illegal otherwise there is no point of racing for everyone else.

Lol wtf, so if 3 teams actually are smarter than the others it should be declaired illigal? Besides that if competition is your point there wouldnt have been a point in racing for like almost a decade with the Ferrari dominance and later only Ferrari vs Mclaren. Now its brawn and 2 teams that appear to be very close.

Back