The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, obviously, but I doubt we'll ever know exactly what happened. Doesn't make that much difference IMO as the trailer was decent, and Bungie didn't have time to do a proper 'made for E3' SP feature.

And the screenshots were taken during normal gameplay (during the podcasts they joke about Luke Smith messing up the screenshots!). No 'photo mode' has been announced, and the save games they use to take screenshots run at 720p, of course.

Incorrect. During play or a saved film you can pause the game to take a picture and upload it to B.net. Though this photomode is similar to Forza 2s photomode in that there is no enhancement not seen in the game.

Right now the only direct source is that fresh trailer "built in 2 days", it's not a matter of believing or not, it's just what it is. OTOH I don't believe the game is going to look like this.

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1353/full-res/1184143843.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1353/full-res/1184143847.jpg

Yes, but it's foolish to try and judge things like texture quality from such a poorly compressed vid. About the only thing you can judge is the lighting, which is just so good.

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5740/798_0014.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5740/798_0026.jpg

Well, I don't know...Halo2 SP sucks compare to Halo 1 SP. However, they did make it up with an amazing MP in Halo2. Very balance and fun. But still I was expecting perfection, only because it's Bungie.

There were some things that Halo 1 did better in single player, but on the whole, and after dozens of playthroughs of both games (in both single and co-op modes), I'm firmly of the opinion that Halo 2 is a better single player game.

There's more variety in the game (locations, vehicles, weapons, enemies), the enemies are more interesting to fight against, the enemy encounters and level designs are clearly better thought out, vehicle damage is really well done and the bots are even more entertaining to listen to.

Halo 2 didn't have the same impact that Halo 1 did when you first started playing it, but when you actually get to know the know the games pretty well it's clear that Bungie hadn't regressed in terms of their skills, but had actually raised the bar.

Halo 2 is still an amazing game to look at too; very little on the Xbox is of a similar standard. It's one of the highlights of last genration.

I want to see the second trailer (of 3 supposed to be shown this summer). Bungie releasing media in that poor quantities is a real torment for me.

I'm pretty sure those '3' are the Blomkamp shorts...

I'm not sure we'll see an official trailer besides a commercial. I'm hoping for one more Vidoc though.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25812809
While at the game's developer, Microsoft-owned Bungie Studios, a writer for news service was told that the hulking race known as the Brutes will have some homosexual tendencies--presuming they have sexes at all.

According to the article, "One Bungie employee slyly asks the visiting reporters if anyone heard a Brute lament the death of an ally with the words: 'He was my lover.'"
bisexual brutes, count me in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incorrect. During play or a saved film you can pause the game to take a picture and upload it to B.net. Though this photomode is similar to Forza 2s photomode in that there is no enhancement not seen in the game.
I talk about taking screenshots from saved films in the very comment you quote! I meant a PGR3 style photo-mode.

Im really liking the look of halo 3

while its graphics may not be top tier they certainly are very crisp and clean..they just seem to pop out at you!

very nice :cool:

and looking forward to this game

Im really liking the look of halo 3

while its graphics may not be top tier they certainly are very crisp and clean..they just seem to pop out at you!

very nice :cool:

and looking forward to this game

It is the colors, so vibrant and strong, like Star Wars space fights on the ground! :smile:

BlimBlim just posted this high resolution version of one of the screenshots from the scans on NeoGAF.

That's gorgeous, and I don't see textures that are unreasonable at all.

Master Chief's armour is definatly not that amazing as fas as texture quality goes.

The lighting in this scene is great, and those pelican's look too good to be true.

Master Chief's armour is definatly not that amazing as fas as texture quality goes.

I think showing scuff marks on the paint can go a long way to improving his image. They wanted to show that his armour has been damaged or been through a lot of wear, but it still looks too clean to me. :| They really should just get ahold of those textures from Blur Studios and resize them appropriately...

edit: On the helmet there are some scruff marks, but they're fairly blurry.

Seconded. Brilliant.

But MC's suit looks like it's made from candle wax...

I'd rather they put that texture memory towards things you can see. He's using teh AR which is a 1st gameplay view.

Hopefully they have a different LOD level for chief when he's in a vehicle, or carrying the rocket launcher etc...

I'd rather they put that texture memory towards things you can see. He's using teh AR which is a 1st gameplay view.

Hopefully they have a different LOD level for chief when he's in a vehicle, or carrying the rocket launcher etc...

good point... I forgot about that

you hardly ever see MC unless he's carrying those other weapons and then the view is farther away than that example.

lighting and textures on the other elements look great though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back