XenForo 2 Problems and Feature Requests

• Favicon is back
  • Font size has been increased 2px at every level. There's still no working preference for it, but hopefully it's nicer and means less people have to use browser zoom.
  • Page width is not capped until 1920px now (there's no way for the theme to support a percentage that I can see, but 1920px is hopefully generous enough)
  • Breadcrumb link chains now go back to the forum root
  • Missing smilies from the old forum
There's still more I want to do when I've got time (missing smilies from the old forum, fixing up timecoded YT links, looking at click vs mouseover for alerts and messages, dark mode colour change away from orange, collapsed sticky posts).

Last edited:
1654259966945.png

icon now works on the forum "main page" but not in subforums and threads

I've tried logging out, clearing site cookies and logging back in, and even Ctrl+F5. Still shows only 20 threads per page on https://forum.beyond3d.com/whats-new/posts/ and 50 everywhere else.

I dont think it will be possible, given the current plugin. For some reason the "what's new" is not impacted by the customized thread per page setting and the customizer specifically says it doesn't apply there by saying:

The number of threads showing in page. This only applied to viewing forum page.

The number of posts showing in page. This only applied to viewing thread detail page.

Only for the missing ones, so they display something. I think that's better than them just being gone entirely, isn't it?
If you can install them but not allow them to be used in the editor it would be good.

I think a regex search replace via plugin for changing old codes to new ones would be the best solution as it changes old posts to use the newer emojis.

While we're restoring ancient emojis, maybe we should move hosting to geocities as well!
And require blowing into the game media before being able to play the game too!

🏃‍♂️💨

The new like emoticons... So I can like a post with an angry emoticon.

Maybe change the text from "like" to "react"?

Or the angry emoticon means I'm liking the post but angry with the content (for example a post reporting car manufacturer has been faking their safety score and claims)

The new like emoticons... So I can like a post with an angry emoticon.

Maybe change the text from "like" to "react"?

It's that way because a quick press on touch devices will give it a "like reaction". You have to long press/touch it to bring up the reaction menu.

It's that way because a quick press on touch devices will give it a "like reaction". You have to long press/touch it to bring up the reaction menu.
I didn't even realize I can long press it. I was just tapping it and it showed the reactions.

But I no longer able to reproduce it.

Probably because I'm still using an android 7 tablet.

Wow! When I opened B3D today it felt a whole lot more like it used to! Widening it helped a lot, thanks Rys for all the efforts and everyone else involved.
I didn't think I'd adapt to the change quickly, but I think I'm ok with how it looks now. :D
Why doesn't it let me put spaces between my sentences anymore though?

Based on experiences from other forums, simple like-button is better than reactions for the forum experience and even more so, civil discussions.

Impressive upgrade guys, my only niggle so far is that the login isn't detected by Dashlane for autofill. Wonder if that's just a problem with dashlane or other password managers are affected.

Back