XenForo 2 Problems and Feature Requests

quotes are a bit too hard to discern from the containing post since the are in same font and style
After using this the past day, I have to agree here as well. Using Dark theme. The quoted portion just isn't distinguished enough from the main post content IMO.

It also means someone may add a simple reaction instead of posting a pity and borderline-rude response, which can make discussions more civil.
I think it's an improvement. I like posts for a lot of reasons that wasn't necessarily transparent. Sometimes it's because I agree (and it's a waste to quote-post adding Yes! or I agree), but I'll also like when I may not necessarily agree but I think somebody made an interesting point, other times because somebody has been helpful and sometimes just because I found something amusing.

It also means someone may add a simple reaction instead of posting a pity and borderline-rude response, which can make discussions more civil.
Yes, it can do that too, but reactions are so much easier for people to click than bother with actually writing rude response. Of course it's possible B3D is exception to the rule, but that's what I've seen happen on most forums which used them (which of luckily most if not all have already gone back to simple like-buttons)

Yes, it can do that too, but reactions are so much easier for people to click than bother with actually writing rude response.
That's my point, it's better to have the reaction than the rude response.

After using this the past day, I have to agree here as well. Using Dark theme. The quoted portion just isn't distinguished enough from the main post content IMO.
seems better now with the slight gray in the quote

I've made the text bit of quotes in posts italicised, to make them stand out from the rest of a post. Let me know if that's not enough.

I meant that the likelihood of one reacting rudely is far higher than one responding with actual rude post
Yes, that's true. Certain folks here were already obsessed with the "like" cliques for their favorite companies. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-173258_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-173258_Chrome.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 11
I've noticed since moving to XF2 and the new servers that there's significant more delay in posting replies than before. Read speeds are great, but making writes can take 3-5s sometimes.

I can't say I'm enthusiastic. B3D is supposed to be a discussion board - I'd rather someone debate my points than label with 'Angry' or 'Sad'. These reactions to me are very much a dumbing down and part of an endemic reduction in contemporary communication. You may get a frowny face and not know why. I get this on reddit - you can receive negative Karma but not know why because no-one explains.

Last edited:
I've noticed since moving to XF2 and the new servers that there's significant more delay in posting replies than before. Read speeds are great, but making writes can take 3-5s sometimes.
Posting that last post took several seconds. Let's see how this one fairs...

Of the order of ten Mississippis, with a three-vertical-bar icon in the top right during the posting process. This edit posted instantaneously.

I noticed it as well on Friday, but hadn't really noticed it earlier on Thursday, thought maybe it was something on my end.

This short post didn't seem to take any time at all in posting up.

Wonder if it has something more to do with longer discussion threads or if it has to do with changing my "posts per page" from the default of 20 to something higher like 30.

Last edited:
So after a quick test, a reply to a lengthier topic took longer to post up than this shorter topic. It was at least 5 seconds to post the 1 sentence post over here:

Meanwhile this post itself was instantaneous in the XF2 issues thread.

Back