Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Well, MS has been shipping Cyberpunk 2077 themed Xbox controllers to some people (iTMEJP and his wife got one each, for example). So, it's possible that Cyberpunk 2077 might be showing something at the online "event."

Could just be coincidence that they just launched the controller and some accessories with the console coming later.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Well, MS has been shipping Cyberpunk 2077 themed Xbox controllers to some people (iTMEJP and his wife got one each, for example). So, it's possible that Cyberpunk 2077 might be showing something at the online "event."

Could just be coincidence that they just launched the controller and some accessories with the console coming later.

Regards,
SB
Think it was originally meant to release around now before it got pushed back.
Guess they felt it would be a waste not to still go ahead with the custom console and controller. As wouldn't make sense to delay it until game is released.

i would anticipate around June/July with the showing of 1st party titles.
I can see from my pre-order email confirmation, it was 4th July in the UK for PS4. This can only happen once the console manufacturer are concrete on the minimum numbers of hardware each region/country and retailer - at least in the UK (and I believe, the EU). I.e. you can't offer pre-orders unless you know you can fulfil them.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...onald-on-power-price-and-that-new-boot-screen

Interview on XSX - busy at work, will come back later to modify this post with quotes.

we had an extensive chat with Ronald to quiz him on everything from power to price, from concern over Xbox Series X games being constrained by having to work on the lowest common denominator (Xbox One)

In The Medium, as an example, there are certain things they are doing in that game, that they've had these ideas for many, many years, but it's just the technology was that barrier for them. And now with this next generation, those barriers don't exist. So they're able to provide true transformative gameplay experiences you would never be able to do on current generation or older generation consoles, because the technology was not at a point that allowed them to deliver on that.

I guess this was the quick world swap between earth and hell-earth. Medium looked interesting btw. I now a religious person but this still caught my eye as interesting.

Last edited:
I guess this was the quick world swap between earth and hell-earth. Medium looked interesting btw. I now a religious person but this still caught my eye as interesting.

Didn't Titanfall 2 do this already though, on the quick swap between present and past? That was in 2017 and the game released on the PC and 2013 consoles.

Didn't Titanfall 2 do this already though, on the quick swap between present and past? That was in 2017 and the game released on the PC and 2013 consoles.

Yes, so all games should have been doing quick swaps ever since...

Yes, so all games should have been doing quick swaps ever since...
Why would they? Quick environment swaps make sense if it's being driven by the story.
Would you expect every game after 2017 to be about time traveling or transitioning between earth and hell?

The point is it doesn't seem like the new hardware is allowing for quick swap, because that was done on the older hardware.

BTW, another game that did this though on a simpler way is Halo Anniversary Edition on the PC. By pressing tab we can alternate between the original game's assets and the remastered ones.

Yup

The point is it doesn't seem like the new hardware is allowing for quick swap, because that was done on the older hardware.
If there is a will there is a way :)
But I agree; I made this point earlier in counter to the instant 180 load all new textures argument. I think it’s not that you can’t have a quick world swap today; the creative vision will be more restricted by the slower SSD. But it’s certainly possible to just swap textures; you’re just going to have a much smaller level because you’re running both largely in memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, another game that did this though on a simpler way is Halo Anniversary Edition on the PC. By pressing tab we can alternate between the original game's assets and the remastered ones.
Wasn't that done on console also.
Even if it was achieved by basically running both at the same time. Which isn't exactly what you would want to be doing.

The flip side of it is, why can it take long to load in a new level in a game.

Wasn't that done on console also.
Even if it was achieved by basically running both at the same time. Which isn't exactly what you would want to be doing.
Even the 360 version of CEA did that, although it wasn't quite instant in that version.

Going even further back, you can find similar ideas as early as the PS1, with Soul Reaver and Silent Hill.

It's far from a new concept, the new consoles will simply be able to push it far further than previously possible.

Back