Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Uninstalled Diablo 4 to accommodate starfield 😭

Hopefully in the future starfield xss version would be smaller. So I can install D4 again.

I was only needing 10GB of space.

300GB of usable space is really anemic... I should have bought xsx instead of xss years ago
I'll be intrested to hear what the actual sizes are after launch.
XSS may not be smaller, maybe as its 1440p wasn't worth having different assets.

I assume forza:m will be 1080p so should have a smaller footprint.

I'll be intrested to hear what the actual sizes are after launch.
XSS may not be smaller, maybe as its 1440p wasn't worth having different assets.

I assume forza:m will be 1080p so should have a smaller footprint.

I'd think they would want to rework textures for the s so they can all fit in the ram not the storage.

Hopefully in the future starfield xss version would be smaller. So I can install D4 again.

300GB of usable space is really anemic... I should have bought xsx instead of xss years ago

I just bought a 2TB nvme from microcenter. It was only $65 bucks. Putting it into my retro pi. its 2.3/1.3 speeds You can pair it with one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3TGTKV...&s=pc&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw&th=1

I'd think they would want to rework textures for the s so they can all fit in the ram not the storage.
Depends if that's an issue, storage is.
If the streaming is ok for it and since its 1440p may be better to have same assets even if it is massive storage size.
Be nice to offer 1080p assets and 4K as optional download if that was the case.

Depends if that's an issue, storage is.
If the streaming is ok for it and since its 1440p may be better to have same assets even if it is massive storage size.
Be nice to offer 1080p assets and 4K as optional download if that was the case.
maybe, has anyone with a series s downloaded it ?

Right now on my series x its 100.2GB

maybe, has anyone with a series s downloaded it ?

Right now on my series x its 100.2GB
Don't know, I've only heard the one figure given for console.
But that's why said I'll wait until after launch to see actual sizes to see if there different or not.
I've never pre download so don't know if that's final size or if day 1 patch different sizes etc.

Edit:
I've also got an XSS, I'll try downloading on there and report back

Last edited:

Don't you have a gaming PC as well?

New XBox Series revisions leaked:

These details come from a Microsoft document dated from April this year, shared with the US Federal Trade Commission during its court case regarding its Activision Blizzard acquisition. This then surfaced publicly last night, attached to a PDF alongside a treasure trove of other fully unredacted internal documents.

1695114450905.png

Looks cool, although like a 'smart speaker'. But at the same time, I thought boxes that lie length-ways were preferable to fit in AV cabinets? I guess it could have a stand like PS5's daft wobbly-bottom requires.

6nm accompanied with 15% reduction in PSU power. I take it that's system wide power draw?

Also, MS should be pissed as this screws with their current hardware sales. Anyone interested in an XBSX now is likely gonna hold off. Edit: Okay, release is a year away.

Microsoft's plans to announce, market and launch both console redesigns are also detailed. After first launching its new Xbox controller (code-named 'Sebile') at the end of May, it will then announce both the new Xbox Series X and S together at the end of June/beginning of July. The launch of Ellewood (Series S) in August and Brooklin (Series X) in October...

Can't say I'd ever feel sorry for a massive company, but these leaks are really unprofessional on the part of FTC.

MS switching to a rechargeable battery in the controller. Don't care if it's replaceable. Into the sun with you MS! Replaceable AA's are great and MS is being awful.

The new Xtube look to be 15cm x 30cm still, as far as I can tell?

Is it officially caused by ftc?

As far as I could tell from the articles (and really don't want to come across of regulatory body attacking where it's not warranted). Some me attachments that should have been hidden weren't.

Could have been MS themselves in sending stuff I suppose. That would fit their history of leaking everything!

The current Series X will be EOL when "slim" revision comes out next year, marking the end of the BD drive game distribution for new Xbox consoles. End of an era.

With X being the smaller slice of Xbox, guess it's harder to justify stocking shelves. Wonder if they'll evolve their digital game ownership proposition. It's not on the leaks anywhere so I'd assume not.

The sadest outcome is stores full of green Bluray cases with iou slips inside.

The current Series X will be EOL when "slim" revision comes out next year, marking the end of the BD drive game distribution for new Xbox consoles. End of an era.
It also means the end of backwards compatibility for anyone (me) with an all-physical Xbox library stretching back to the original Xbox.
Unless I rush out and buy a current model Series X before they're gone forever.

I don't think Microsoft understands their userbase at all. Or they just don't care because they're chasing a different crowd now.

This revision without more horsepower at the same price is going to bomb big time. If it was $100 cheaper for each unit, makes more sense. Good luck.

Back