Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Are you spelling it like this because you are hinting that Microsoft is going to buy WB/Netherealm giving them the Mortal Kombat IP and the rights to spell everything with a K?
Do you think Mikrosoft would do that?

Are you spelling it like this because you are hinting that Microsoft is going to buy WB/Netherealm giving them the Mortal Kombat IP and the rights to spell everything with a K?
The way discovery warner is going MS could get the whole company for a song and a whistle and enter the tv market . Game pass ultimate max

Game Pass Antitrust Edition

I don't actually agree there. Apple has its own movie/tv production now , Sony has its own tv product/ movie/anime production , amazon has its own tv/movie production and owns mgm I believe. Nintendo is also starting its own movie company now after the success of mario.

So if anything they are really the only big company without a tv/movie arm.

I was more curious about a mid gen upgrade but seems nothing in play. Will just upgrade the gpu for one of the pc‘s as they’ll get more out of it.

I was more curious about a mid gen upgrade but seems nothing in play. Will just upgrade the gpu for one of the pc‘s as they’ll get more out of it.

I mean it wouldn't be hard for MS to react to a ps5 pro at this point. The one x was a year after adn that would give them plenty of time to either add to the series x soc or produce a new soc with amd.

I mean it wouldn't be hard for MS to react to a ps5 pro at this point. The one x was a year after adn that would give them plenty of time to either add to the series x soc or produce a new soc with amd.

Depends. If PS5 Pro has Cerny Modules for additional ray tracing they might struggle. ;)

Last edited:
I too feel this gen has barely started. Needs another couple of years to get mid-stride before an eventual tail-off being pushed.

I too feel this gen has barely started. Needs another couple of years to get mid-stride before an eventual tail-off being pushed.
The pandemic, along with economic and semiconductor woes of 2020 and 2022 really slowed adoption of the new tech, which persists even now with games like Jedi Survivor getting ports to last generation consoles. However, tech isn't standing still.

IMO we're about to get a wave of 30 FPS games that run at 1440p on UE5 that will run at 60 FPS and 4k on next gen hardware in 2027 if we're lucky.
However, these UE5 1440p and 1080p render resolutions are actually no longer decisive, since thanks to TSR it results in image quality that is almost 4K in effect.

The age of native 4K is over, and this may be true for future nextgen consoles as well.

Uninstalled Diablo 4 to accommodate starfield 😭

Hopefully in the future starfield xss version would be smaller. So I can install D4 again.

I was only needing 10GB of space.

300GB of usable space is really anemic... I should have bought xsx instead of xss years ago

It's just the first wave of UE5 more ambitious titles will likely run even lower res
Perhaps UE5 is too demanding for next gen consoles and there is a need for other engines. There still has to be something that we consider next gen even if it is below UE5 visual standards.

Back