Xbox Series S [XBSS] (Lockhart) General Rumors and Speculation *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right....but where are these extra 4 CU's coming from? I thought the rumour was that it was 20 CU's...

That's based on earlier rumors of overall performance targets being in the 4TF - 6TF range. It's not a follow up to the most current rumor of 20 CU being the opted for configuration.

Clocks would still have to be higher than XSX to hit 6TF with 24 CUs. Although you could round it up. :)

View attachment 4223

No idea what that means power/heat wise. In principle it doesn't matter, given what they crammed into the OneX, other than the small matter of cost.

I don't think you will see 6tflops out of it. I believe it was designed for 4ish tflops but they are finding early yields better than they thought so we may see something in the 5ish range.

I don't think you will see 6tflops out of it. I believe it was designed for 4ish tflops but they are finding early yields better than they thought so we may see something in the 5ish range.

Ahh but Cerny says a rising tide float all boats (dreams)

So overclocked 5tf must be about 6 regular? :rolleyes:

Out of pure curiosity
The name Series S was generated from some leak or just from collective imagination?
Because Xbox SS sound like a blitz in the concentrated field of games, and really really bad.

Out of pure curiosity
The name Series S was generated from some leak or just from collective imagination?
Because Xbox SS sound like a blitz in the concentrated field of games, and really really bad.

A french youtuber said he heard it will not be called series S probably MS understand the problem.

4Tf was the rumour. Even if yields are good it seems unlikely Microsoft want to boost performance by a clear 20% entailing more power and a change to the console's planned thermal profile - not if they're trying to make this thing cheap.

Out of pure curiosity

No leak. Just connecting the dots...

Xbox One X -> Xbox Series X
Xbox One S -> Xbox Series S?

There's been rumors of: Series E, Series A & just "Xbox".

Tommy McClain

There's been rumors of: Series E, Series A & just "Xbox".
Don't think it can just be xbox.
Next gen is called just xbox.
The series X is the model of xbox.

Where as xbox one was the name of the console.
Think I'm just going to confuse people more :rolleyes:

Don't shoot the messenger. Just reporting what I've seen.

Tommy McClain

It depends on how MS sees the Series and what their long-term plans are. It could be that Series X is this generation, and we have Premium and Entry levels, like 'Series X Lite' and 'Series X'. Alternatively, 'Series X' could be the current high-end model of whatever refresh we're in, so we have 'Series X' in 2020, 'Series X2' in 2022 and 'Series X3' in 2024. Then there'd be a low end series, like 'Series E', 'Series E 2' and 'Series E 3', similar to Samsung phone branding with their 'S series' and 'A series'.

We don't know at this point, so can't guess at what LH's name will be.

Reactions: Jay
It depends on how MS sees the Series and what their long-term plans are.
Yea, and its still just called xbox with something to define the model.

So 'xbox one' was the name of the family.
'Xbox' is the name of this one going by what they've said.
And more than possible will be just xbox from this point on its what I expect anyway.

It's one of those things that are confusing, but won't be once it's out. Especially after few months.

It's one of those things that are confusing, but won't be once it's out.
We hope so, but WiiU showed consumers can be quite readily confused by similar names for different products. Hopefully MS try out their naming ideas in mock conversations to see what will actually work among the public. At the moment I feel they just want people talking about 'XBox' without making a distinction. I think that could work either way, for or against them.

We hope so, but WiiU showed consumers can be quite readily confused by similar names for different products. Hopefully MS try out their naming ideas in mock conversations to see what will actually work among the public. At the moment I feel they just want people talking about 'XBox' without making a distinction. I think that could work either way, for or against them.

It won't be confusing when there are no Xbox One, XBox One S, or XBox One X available to buy. They will only exist on the secondary and used markets. All you will have at retail stores and new are Xbox Series X and possibly whatever they name LockHart.

Also, it's not a bad thing to just call it Xbox when it will play Original Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and the newest Xbox Series games.

Fanboys hate the Series X. The only thing they can come up with is something based on "Sex" and that's no good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back