Xbox 360 price drop in UK/Europe and Elite pricing confirmed

All they really did was $30 cut (which is nice, btw).

HDMI is a seamless transition anyway, no value. A different controller connection method, also no true value.

But you save $30 for the mandatory mem card you would have had to buy before.

They've cut only 30 $ but for me it smells like a very good marketing move.

I can see bundle at 299$ with anything the casual gamers will ever need to "jump in" :
the system
a good controler
a memory card
a top seller game
and more than all a price under 300$

I guess it can set consumer mind in the good mood but if it' works it will be more psychological than due to how much (or few for that matter) MS has dropped the price IMHO.

HDMI is a seamless transition anyway, no value. A different controller connection method, also no true value.

You are confusing value with cost (and price) and your bias is showing.

No, you're wrong. First of all, how can you say a wireless controller 'has no value' when the difference in price is $10? :???: Obviously it has some value.

- Wireless Control - $10
- 256MB Memory Card - $50
- 5 Arcade games - $25-50

So they added $85-110 in value. That's not really up for debate, it's fact.

You can debate about how much value each of these things holds to you, but you'd be missing the point. The point is to give the core a better VALUE so people can justify purchasing it, whether or not that justification works for you is beside the point.

Difference in value before: $180 (Pricegap: $100)

Difference Now: $100-125 (Pricegap: $70)

So, you can clearly see they've adjusted the value proposition to much more reasonable than it was previously.

Didn't the Prelite, no Promium...uh Premium already have the silver finish like the Pro.
Why the name change? It just unnecessarily confuses the buyers.

Here in Asia, the Premium system is called as PRO system. There was no Premium moniker since the X360 Asia launch.

260% sales bump for Xbox360 in the UK.
According to ChartTrack data, the platform holder enjoyed a 260 per cent rise in sales of its next-gen format two weeks ago (week 34), after introducing the Elite model to the market and dropping the price of its Core and Premium consoles.

Perhaps even more impressively, sales only dipped 20 per cent the following week (week 35) – leaving up-to-date calendar year sales 4.9 per cent higher than they were in 2006.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28240/260-per-cent-sales-jump-for-Xbox

There'll be a limited deal here in Hungary for the opening of a new Saturn store. X360 Elite + Forza + Halo3 for about 320 Euros. Obviously nothing to do with Microsoft, they're selling everything else at pretty low prices for 3 days, too, like the entire Godfather DVD trilogy for 20 Euros.

So, it seems like I'll have a console soon ;) if the supplies last long enough...

There'll be a limited deal here in Hungary for the opening of a new Saturn store. X360 Elite + Forza + Halo3 for about 320 Euros. Obviously nothing to do with Microsoft, they're selling everything else at pretty low prices for 3 days, too, like the entire Godfather DVD trilogy for 20 Euros.

So, it seems like I'll have a console soon ;) if the supplies last long enough...

I hope its not a bait and switch(ie they have 1 elite in stock and its already sold)... good luck.

They'd be shafted by the proper authorities. Some guys here expect astock of 200-300 units.
Also, even at this price it's a bit too expensive toy for the general public here, I wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't sell out in 3 days. We'll see. Anyway, thanks :)

Back