WTH people!? (reputation)

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Youjust need to look at the user control panel. Just hit the link on the top left navigation bar and it should default to your recent reps - now with added usernames!
I don't see it. :cry:
(I only got Thread/Date/Comment)

I try to respond to the content of the post, rather than the poster. I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but the only way I can gauge a person's rep (as far as I am concerned) is by what he posts and how he posts it.

yap. and signed some of my negs... some i didnt. when i see good post i give pos rep.
as for giving negs, people that i would prolly give it to are on my ignore list, so there is not much chance i gonna see their posts..

Right underneath that where it says "UserCP FAQ Members List Calendar etc" in the blue bar.
Nah, I see the User CP link alright. (sorry I wasn't clear enough) What I ment to say is that I don't see who gave the REP, this is how my CP looks right now:

Under "Latest Reputation Received", there're only Thread, Date & Comment, but no info on who gave the REP. I feel so left out. :cry:

incurable said:
Under "Latest Reputation Received", there're only Thread, Date & Comment, but no info on who gave the REP. I feel so left out. :cry:

Yours is broken. Between "Date" and "Comment", I have a new column: "Posted By" which gives me a name of the person who left rep. Maybe you should drop a line to Dave, because your CP isn't working right.

I cant believe someone actually gave me a bad mark for my post in this thread.. Jesus what an idiot.. this is what happens in real life..

perphaps the guy who gave me the bad rep got bullied at school.. haha what a loser.

Anyway I dont have any NAMES on my reputation list.. Its the same as incurable...

Probably because you're a "member" while the others are Senior Member, I think.

Yes, Senior Members have a lot more advantages than just private parking places and Jacuzzis in the User Control Panel.

demonic said:
I cant believe someone actually gave me a bad mark for my post in this thread.. Jesus what an idiot.. this is what happens in real life..

perphaps the guy who gave me the bad rep got bullied at school.. haha what a loser.

Anyway I dont have any NAMES on my reputation list.. Its the same as incurable...

People are always going to give bad rep just because they don't like you - you just have to remember that this ultimately comes from what you post and how you post it.

Just look at certain core people - because of what they posts and their manner, other people are always going to get rubbed up the wrong way, and there will be many opportunities for people to give bad rep.

I'm sure if someone acts the ass but also contributes a lot of positive posts, they'll end up with green rep. If they are just an ass all the time, they'll end up with negative rep. I guess it's a way for the general B3D community to show the poster what they think of the overall contribution to the forums.

Dave Baumann said:
Its working correctly according to his group.

.....And I take it that my inability to now even give a repution rating ( the little scales under everyones name but my own have disappeared ) is in line with the changes that are going on behind the scenes ?

Dave Baumann said:
Its working correctly according to his group.
Aha.

I don't get the logic behind this. You'll only see who repped you once you spammed the forum to no end? :???: (2000 post minium, right?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Vysez is on to something, though I just wanted to say that I am not a senior member yet (1600+ posts), but can see who left me reps and who didn't. Maybe you need over 1000 or 1500 posts instead?

Phil said:
I think Vysez is on to something, though I just wanted to say that I am not a senior member yet (1600+ posts), but can see who left me reps and who didn't. Maybe you need over 1000 or 1500 posts instead?
All I can say is:

Beware of incurable's REPvanche - coming to negreppers in Fall 2015!

And I'm only half joking. :devilish:

Vysez said:
Probably because you're a "member" while the others are Senior Member, I think.

Yes, Senior Members have a lot more advantages than just private parking places and Jacuzzis in the User Control Panel.

WHERE is my jacuzzi?????? :devilish:

;)

People are always going to give bad rep just because they don't like you - you just have to remember that this ultimately comes from what you post and how you post it.

Just look at certain core people - because of what they posts and their manner, other people are always going to get rubbed up the wrong way, and there will be many opportunities for people to give bad rep.

I'm sure if someone acts the ass but also contributes a lot of positive posts, they'll end up with green rep. If they are just an ass all the time, they'll end up with negative rep. I guess it's a way for the general B3D community to show the poster what they think of the overall contribution to the forums.

I think it may be true, but I think in the end basically it will make it so people farther from the center in their ideology will end up getting the most rep points. What I think happens is that the group sitting on the left and right will basically sit and tell eachother that they are smart. It is very much like patting youself on the back. :p Anyway lets say that Russ give Silence a positive rep that is much more meaningful than say Guden giving it to him. See what I mean?

Sxotty said:
I think it may be true, but I think in the end basically it will make it so people farther from the center in their ideology will end up getting the most rep points. What I think happens is that the group sitting on the left and right will basically sit and tell eachother that they are smart. It is very much like patting youself on the back. :p Anyway lets say that Russ give Silence a positive rep that is much more meaningful than say Guden giving it to him. See what I mean?

That's one of the reason's I liked the anonymous rep. You could really go to town. I've already had one person PM me to ask why I gave a negative rep. If I wanted to get into a discussion about it, I wouldn't have repped anonymously - I would have PM'd.

Thing is I don't think I have the right to tell someone to change their posting style - I only have the right to indicate whether I approve of disapprove via the rep I have to give out.

Back